Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 21-06-2018, 09:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
Imo, Jesus Christ himself was a nondualist.

His statement 'I and my Father are one' ( John 10:30) is the same as the Sufi enlightened sage Mansur All Hallaj's Ana 'l-Ḥaqq ( I am the Truth), and the ancient Upanishadic saying Aham Brahmasmi (I am He) of Hinduism.

It is through nondualism that most of Jesus Christs teachings could be understood logically in the correct context.
In the first chapter of my treatise, titled "What Jesus REALLY Meant", which I invite anyone who is interested in contemplating such matters to read in full (click here for pdf copy), I wrote:
Many would rather simply believe that by saying “I and my Father are one” (John 10:30) Jesus unequivocally asserted that the gestalts of his and his/our Father’s spirits were absolutely identical, that they were literally one and the same aspect of Life in action; case closed. Such statement may certainly be read that way and, taken by itself, used to support God-concept co-opting narratives such as the one presented in the Nicene Creed which proclaims that the personage of Jesus was “begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father, by whom all things were made;” etc. But it may also be taken to mean that Jesus thought and felt that his and said Father-God’s spirits were dynamically integrated and functionally co-operational, and so united as ‘one’, metaphorically speaking, in terms of purpose and consequence – analogous to the way in which partners who aren’t identical may accomplish something they both desire when and as they work together in a complementary manner, which they couldn’t and so wouldn’t be able to creatively accomplish if each worked alone. (This is what holism really means, by the way: “Holism is based upon idea that: the whole is more than the sum of its constitutive parts, so reduction of the whole to its constitutive elements eliminates some factors which are present only when a being is seen as a whole. For example, synergy is generated through the interaction of parts but it does not exist if we take parts alone.”)
There is much more that is pertinent to the topic of 'non-dualism' in that chapter, of course.
Old 24-06-2018, 04:54 PM
Master
Davidsun, very nice response...thanks for sharing!

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 24-06-2018, 10:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Davidsun, very nice response...thanks for sharing!

Peace & blessings
7L
My pleasure.

Love and Joyings.

Last edited by davidsun : 25-06-2018 at 03:32 AM.
Old 18-09-2018, 05:23 PM
Pathfinder

Words are duality as the unseen cannot contain words it's formless, but you can let your words come from being albeit the mind will be in play to some degree
Old 19-09-2018, 08:06 PM
Well, words are vibration...since everything is a vibration and frequency...
seems words are just part of everything...is a tree part of dualism...sure...it's
part of the Whole; it's part of the One...are the eyes that see the tree and hearing the words part of duality, of course...all of it,
still part of the One, the Only One.
That's what I have been shown.
Red is part of the One being, the One Spirit that is manifested in every way...in every thing...Seen and Unseen.
All the One.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-12-2018, 02:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, words are vibration...since everything is a vibration and frequency...
seems words are just part of everything...is a tree part of dualism...sure...it's
part of the Whole; it's part of the One...are the eyes that see the tree and hearing the words part of duality, of course...all of it,
still part of the One, the Only One.
That's what I have been shown.
Red is part of the One being, the One Spirit that is manifested in every way...in every thing...Seen and Unseen.
All the One.

Resonate

Old 15-12-2018, 04:19 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampgrl
Side Bar: It is as if words convey that nonduality is nonexistent/ unreal and yet it is all that exists.

Words are metaphysical-1, mind/intellect tools to communicate concepts-scenarios about our occupied Space Universe or any of its parts.

The Cosmic Trinity eternally exists as:

1} spirit-1 { spirit-of-intent }, metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts ex concepts of God, Universe, Space, dogs, Toyotas, etc

-------------line-of-demarcation----------------

2} eternally existent, metaphysical-2, macro-infinite non-occupied SPACE that embraces/surrounds the following,

3} eternally existent, finite, occupied Space Universe aka Uni-V-erse

.............................SPACE(>*<) i (>*<)SPACE..................

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 17-12-2018, 01:45 PM
Pathfinder

Words are dualistic in the sense that they have word definitions and sounds. The sound itself has enough information in it to communicate like the animals. But we add definitions. Wow!
Old 17-12-2018, 04:26 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philos_Tone
Words are dualistic in the sense that they have word definitions and sounds.

But we add definitions. Wow!
Yes.
That's funny, cuz it reminds me of the first couple daily Lesson from ACIM.
They go something like this...
you look at things around the room randomly say to yourself and ponder a bit...(like a TV or a wastebasket) This has no meaning to me...this has no meaning to me...by Lesson 28...I had a huge 'shift' in my brain!...as others said would happen.
It really happened.

The first 10 Lessons are truly the most powerful...others have said that, too.

A Course In Miracles. Here:
https://www.pathwaysoflight.org/acim...ights/lesson_1

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-12-2018, 05:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
The first 10 Lessons are truly the most powerful...others have said that, too.

A Course In Miracles. Here:
https://www.pathwaysoflight.org/acim...ights/lesson_1
From the firstpage of the link:

"As I look around me and tell myself that nothing is real, I am overcome by a surreal feeling."

LOL. Seeing/thinking 'nothing as real' will (naturally'logically, IMO) lead one to have a 'surreal' feeling.

This is what I am pointing to and labeling emotional 'dissociation', folks.

The whole world is unreal. Therefore there is no 'reason' to emotionally engage wit what is (not really! ) going on here.

I am not 'panning' it as a strategy. mind you. It clearly works "for good" in many cases. "We know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." (Romans 8).

Just calling what I think is a spade, a 'spade'. Everything depends on the 'use' to which it is put.