Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 06-02-2011, 02:22 AM
equuslife

Medium Laura: Any recommendations for guided meditations would be more than welcome.

As Dream Angel can tell you already, I am not very patient and have trouble concentrating.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:04 AM
Medium_Laura

haha :) I have them on my podcasts, My link is floating around, I'm not supposed to post it on here too often ^.^ so you can PM me for it. My youtube has some as well. www.youtube.com/witchy1120

Old 06-02-2011, 04:30 AM
Knower
Thank you!!!!! I still can't meet my guide. But I am being patient. And tonight I will do a guided meditation from youtube.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:38 AM
Medium_Laura

I wish you all the best GoddessLove! :) Ask for them in dreams as well :)
Old 06-02-2011, 04:52 AM
Knower
I have all these dreams...all the time. I can't remember the details, ever. But tonight I will ask them to come to me in a dream and pray that I remember.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:45 AM
Knower
Good advice I will try some the things suggested.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
Well I met my 2 when I was only 4 or 5 Evaah. So age really has nothing to do with it. You may need to try guided meditations and see if you can get deep enough to allow them to show themselves to you. Many times out of fear, you will block. Trying too hard.. will block :)

Keep trying, never give up! You'll see them!

That's why I have mixed thoughts, as well. Because it doesn't make sense to me that someone can't be "ready" to meet guides who are meant to help you in the first place.

I've tried guided meditations - the problem with those, though, is that I'll do wonderfully with imagining the whole "doorway - enter silver key - see the beautiful meadow" - etc. But the moment the speaker says "your guide enters; see your guide, sit down with him/her.." I get stuck. And since the speaker continues on to say, "ask your guide if he/she has a message" or whatever, I think, "WAIT! I still can't see mine!" So I usually just create the guide myself as a human-shaped blob, or imagine the one guide I actually know.

I will say, though, that I asked to meet a guide last night as a treat (I just got accepted to art school AND was offered a scholarship).. and in the following dream, I saw a stranger. Didn't know his name, but I knew he was a friend of my dad's. And he had a white cat.

...Weird.

Old 06-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Medium_Laura

aww Evaah! Well thats something! :) Are you possibly trying too hard? Do you have a fear of what might appear in that doorway? Sometimes we don't realize that we are blocking just by being anxious or scared. :) Congratz on your scholarship! :) Give it time :)
Old 06-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
aww Evaah! Well thats something! :) Are you possibly trying too hard? Do you have a fear of what might appear in that doorway? Sometimes we don't realize that we are blocking just by being anxious or scared. :) Congratz on your scholarship! :) Give it time :)

I don't think it's fear. I think I'm trying too hard. It's probably because I'm expecting a certain individual to appear in that doorway, too...

I'll work on it. :)

(And thank you . Free money! hahaha.)

Old 06-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Cal

Hi Medium Laura,

Thanks for sharing this information! It resonates and it captures my current perception on how guides communicate and provides a practical framework to work with.

I often thought it was my own internal dialog voice playing tricks on me....during the time the messages or communication come through it seems very real, popping into my 'inner ears' almost before I finish my question, and it usually sounds like 'me'. It was only afterwards, after I tend to rationalize it that I began to doubt it was real. Often I don't even have to be in trance or deep meditation. Sometimes messages/communications come when I least expect.

I still need to work a lot on my ability to communicate more effectively with my guides because full conversations or lengthy connections are still very difficult. It seems as though mind attempts to start rationalizing and the connection thins out and becomes jumbled and then fades away.

I am going to print out the '10 ways...' to re-read and absorb.

Thanks again!

Cal