Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 25-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanth
Actually, what I refer to as the "non-physical" isn't really non-physical at all... it's very physical.

Physical and Non-physical are simply a matter of perspective.
When you're in the non-physical it's VERY physical... and by perspective, when you're there, this physical reality seems very non-physical.

So when I use those terms... I use them only because that's what most people are comfortable in hearing/using.

All these other areas of consciousness are are different reality frames, they're ever so much as real as this physical 'reality frame' that we find ourselves discussing in right now. :)

So yeah, we're on the same page. Definitely.

Good morning! I feel that our brother who began this thread did so, intuitively, so that there would be some clear, transcendental concepts brought forth about astral projection and the typical fear-based ideas often associated with it. Awesome, Xanth.
Old 25-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Karlos
The "non-physical" that you speak of Xanth is not the true Non-physical. Non-physical is actually without ANY perception of separation. It is beyond "perception," for perception implies that there is a separate "me" and something that is "not me" that is perceived. You are simply referring to "less physically dense matter." "Astral reality" still has substance and physicality, however subtle it may sometimes appear. Obviously you still experience physicality in what you call the "non-physical," otherwise there would be NO sensations, "experiences," and no perception whatsoever of a "body" at all, my brother. True Non-physical reality is totally beyond all silly mind concepts of projection, phasing, inner and outer, etc. Knowing this, I of course must still use such concepts when speaking, for language itself is dualistic and limited.

Here again..........nice words. May I ask, because I'd like to get know you better, do you "strive" for this true non physical reality you speak of?
I only ask because I did go down that path and came back embracing every bit of this reality. Emptiness that is empty serves no pupose.
I'm curious what your thoughts and experience are with this.
Blessings, James
Old 25-03-2011, 01:47 PM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Here again..........nice words. May I ask, because I'd like to get know you better, do you "strive" for this true non physical reality you speak of?
I only ask because I did go down that path and came back embracing every bit of this reality. Emptiness that is empty serves no pupose.
I'm curious what your thoughts and experience are with this.
Blessings, James

Oh sure there's been striving, James. It's been very minimal in this incarnation, however. To put it into words, there is a certain "steam" or pressure that's being released, rapidly so. As the old wise saying about it goes, "Resistance is futile."

I resonate greatly with Lao Tzu's understanding of it. The "Uncarved Block" in the Tao Te Ching is an equivalent concept to "Absolute Reality," as some have called of it.
Old 25-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Oh sure there's been striving, James. It's been very minimal in this incarnation, however. To put it into words, there is a certain "steam" or pressure that's being released, rapidly so. As the old wise saying about it goes, "Resistance is futile."

I resonate greatly with Lao Tzu's understanding of it. The "Uncarved Block" in the Tao Te Ching is an equivalent concept to "Absolute Reality," as some have called of it.

Appreciate the response my friend and i very much like and resonate with the way you described steam or pressure being released. That has been my experience here as well.
With me it seems to be all released and the 'needs' or 'striving' I very much had are gone.
I am very much at peace these days.
Maybe it is a cycle that will be followed by more striving...who knows...but it is awesome. I'm pretty much in a receptive mode these days so whatever comes is next.
I'll have to read up on the "uncarved block". Sounds interesting.
Thanks again..............James
Old 25-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Appreciate the response my friend and i very much like and resonate with the way you described steam or pressure being released. That has been my experience here as well.
With me it seems to be all released and the 'needs' or 'striving' I very much had are gone.
I am very much at peace these days.
Maybe it is a cycle that will be followed by more striving...who knows...but it is awesome. I'm pretty much in a receptive mode these days so whatever comes is next.
I'll have to read up on the "uncarved block". Sounds interesting.
Thanks again..............James

James, it's been a great pleasure meeting you here, my brother! Your attitude is impeccable. "I am very much at peace these days." Yes! Thank you for sharing with me/us here today.
Old 25-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Master
Quote:
James, it's been a great pleasure meeting you here, my brother! Your attitude is impeccable. "I am very much at peace these days." Yes! Thank you for sharing with me/us here today.

Well, thankyou! I will return the compliment and say that from reading your range of posts that I think your balance of humor and joy and wisdom is impeccable.

I decided to take the afternoon off today so I say take care , blessings and I wish you and all a great weekend!

Blessings, James
Old 25-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Administrator
Hello

I share here some thoughts ......

Astral Plane Dangers

First off what is Astral Projection ? It is the “idea” that the mind or Soul leaves the physical body. In doing this one if free to explore other dimensional worlds, and even visit with other people or beings. What holds many back from even trying it is simple “fear”. We are taught to keep both feet firmly planed on the ground and exploration of the unknown is done via space travel.

Is there dangers in Astral Travel the answer is YES but its not different than anything new on chooses to try. We are told to check with a Dr before starting and exercise regiment if w have any health concerns so the same basic rule might well apply to meditations where one does change the natural body rhythm some. When fear is triggered many times so is the natural pattern of one’s breathing. Something to keep in mind.

On the non physical body fears, it’s the fear of the unknown. For some that fear that one will get lost, or the Silver Cord ( that LINE that keeps one attached to one’s body ) will snap or not spring back into the physical body, that one might well even DIE. It is a fact that one can be “scared to death” rare as that is it can happen. What happens on the Earth Plane too can happen on the Astral Plane one can be touched by another. It be the same when working with Ghosts and Spirits there is the element of touch there as well. Real physical harm where one’s very life it taken if there was such a force to do that would there not be many a death ?

There has been as far as I know any reported or documented cases where one has been in a state of Astral Travel and has had one’s Silver Cord Cut, there have been many studies in controlled environments done and never has there been any documentations of something so wrong happening. There are however documented cases of one’s going into heart failure that have had PRE EXISTING conditions, where either a drastic change in one’s breathing pattern happens OR one encounters a panic attack.

The greatest fear is the encounter of what one might go to call a “Demon” ( A evil supernatural being; a devil, evil spirit. Person or thing regarded as evil.) Nothing that shows concrete proof such a being exists. When we look just at man alone we know well there are those that walk that darker path in life and that some of that energy might well go with them in Spirit. Knowing full well that Ghosts and Sprits can interact with me, so is the case on the Astral Plane. What one can do is use forms of protection. Like we very much do on the physical plane we do not openly invite dangers into us so be it with th Astral Plane. Seek protections from higher spiritual beings be that Guides or Angels or God , Devine Light ect.

The other worry be that one will not be able to get back into one’s body. The mind ( the Soul ) holds in that memory as does the body in the knowledge held in how to breath. We too are connected to a higher consciousness being that of our Soul. We too might have the fear of being out for too long, and the body not accepting us back in the would only be the case if ht body for some reason has stopped its function.

Dangers to be aware of nothing more than really one’s that exist on the Earth Plane, the same forces are all around us just that we are not consciously aware of them is all. When one enters to the Astral Plane chances are it’s a PLANNED journey and one had in mind maybe certain pre conceived ideas. If one enters with the thoughts on there might be a “demon” one might well encounter does not one maybe open that door to “invite” such in.

The Astral Plane is a wondrous experience but like with all things knowledge is power and like we do in our conscious physical lives we take PROCATIONS to keep us safe. If one keeps the same practice in mind with the Astral Plane one will be just fine. Take it slow and remember that the best lessons learned are not rushed into blind.

HAPPY TRAVELS ! BE SAFE and HAVE FUN !

Lynn