Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 01-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace733
I am not crying, just trying to be there for another since i have been through similar... when your grandfather shoots himself, and when your friend jumps infront of a train... it kinda changes your outlook on suicide, karma or not... i am trying to provide comfort to someone who needs it now.. and the hugs i gave were in mutual understanding and connecting as human beings. I always have good intent. I do not believe she or i need any lectures at all, instead understanding, comfort and acceptance.
I am not understanding your lack of compassion.

hmm... updating this post as it was in reply to another who was being inconsiderate..and invalidating others feelings... and now his posts have been deleted, so mine ^ is not making sense lol... anyway, just wanted to add that this was intended towards the deleted posts/ poster, not to anyone else in this thread

"you know that you have found your passion when your love for it overrides any fear to attain it..."-Solace
Old 03-10-2011, 06:56 AM
duckstar

Im so sorry to hear of your loss, suicide is something that should be talked about more than it is. Im sure that the spirit realm is taking care of her and i truly hope you find some peace. Please talk as much as you want to about your aunty and get any feelings you have out there for us all to help you through, much love xoxoxo
Old 03-10-2011, 07:06 AM
duckstar

I would like to send love and light to all of you that have left comments on this thread, alot of you have lost so much and still find the strength to consol and support others in need, you are all such wonderful people x
Old 03-10-2011, 07:24 AM
hawkmoth65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trieah
Question. Are you saying that all people who commit suicide are just spiritual seekers who what to return to God?

My Stepdad committed suicide after his new doctor changed his depression medication three times in one month. Even after this new doctor been warned by the previous doctor to never change the medication, because of a prior history of attempting suicide after the meds were changed, he still did it anyway, telling my Stepdad that he just wasn't even trying to get better.

I'm sorry, but I do think mental illness most certainly can drive a person to taking their own life.
I can vouch for this as I attempted suicide back in 1989.I didn't feel that I wanted to return to God,in fact I had no idea where I was going,it was just that life had become so unbearable that death seemed the only way to escape from what I was going through.The idea of being a 'spiritual seeker' is utterly alien to me,I was 23 and had never heard of such a concept.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckstar
I would like to send love and light to all of you that have left comments on this thread, alot of you have lost so much and still find the strength to consol and support others in need, you are all such wonderful people x

Just wanted to give you a thank you

"you know that you have found your passion when your love for it overrides any fear to attain it..."-Solace
Old 03-10-2011, 04:30 PM
nevermind

hugs

my thoughts are with you............
Old 08-10-2011, 01:40 PM
HallowsEve

I'm so sorry. my close friend just took her own life so I know how you feel. I know these words are meaningless, but I just wanted to reply. Keep strong xxx
Old 09-10-2011, 06:28 PM
emalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coming2
I am so sorry for your loss. As someone who has survived a suicide attempt I have had to learn how precious life really is in order to keep going. Some days it is all I can do to just get up but after trying to give up, I fight to keep going. I have battled my own demons and I never look down on anyone who feels they cant cut it in the real world. Life is hard and we are going to mourn our losses but please know they she is finally at peace. The wonderful thing about God is that He is always loving and always forgiving. Find peace with that.
I like your words, and I like your signature.
“We are not human beings seeking a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings living a human experience.”
Pierre Teilhard De Chardin
I have been strongly drawn to suicide a few times but fortunately not succumbed to the attempt. I believe too strongly in spirit, that there is a reason for my being in the world. Having been told that I had incurable cancer a year ago (longer than I was given to live) to save my family the heartache of preparing my funeral service, I wrote my own, and the brochures as well (not a hard thing for me to do). On the brochures is the exact same quote by Pierre Teilhard De Chardin (though I left out "Pierre" - I hadn't realized that his first name was Pierre)
(BTW I mention my reason for using the quote, but I'm not seeking counsel about the cancer etc. I'm fine, surprisingly free of any symptoms etc. Thanks)
emalie
Old 10-10-2011, 12:42 AM
emalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleigh
My aunt committed suicide in a very violent way yesterday. We are all shocked and in an immense state of grief.

I used to believe that suicide meant you didn't get to be with God.

Now I believe she she is home where she needs to be and is at peace. I pray that for her anyway.

I want to talk and talk and talk. I am in disbelief that this is happening to my family. I am so sad. I have cried all day and am so weak right now.

A *lot* of love coming to you alleigh
I totally believe that your aunt is being healed now as we speak. That's what happens to people who suicide. As you say elsewhere, those people don't do it lightly. It is only after they have suffered too much pain phsycially or emotionally, and others don't always know how much till afterward. And you're not just a person who is the nephew of someoine who suicided. You are a person whose loved one found the only answer they could to end their pain. By all means, share much love with your family and receive it openly. You need that. I'm so glad to see how many here are so ready to give it to you, and some who have experienced what you have.

All our hearts go out to you.

Talk, alleigh, and keep talking till you run out of breath. Keep talking till the pain eases.

emalie
Old 12-10-2011, 05:01 AM
Ahimsa

My understanding of suicide is that it's a karmic vortex of sorts- when beings go in this direction it's just like anything else- it's a step, a part of the path. The issue with suicide is that the energetics behind it don't suddenly disappear when the person dies. As many people are aware the soul goes on, carrying with it all the karmic matter it didn't have the opportunity to work through in life. Suicide is a heavy karma and it follows a soul from one life into the next. When a person commits suicide s/he doesn't transcend the suicide karma in that lifetime- so it has to be dealt with later.
My understanding of the suffering of the soul post suicide is that there is the opportunity to witness all the pain and suffering caused by the suicide. The one who has died experiences these sensations energetically in death, and it can be quite unpleasant. Yet it is necessary, it's a part of the process. We can't deny that grieving in the wake of suicide is very, very hard. I think the best thing we can do for our loved ones who have gone out that way is pray for them, offer them compassion and forgiveness, and unconditional love.
Another thing I think of with suicide is that the soul has the opportunity to view aspects of reality that were not readily accessible to view during his/her lifetime. For example, a soul may witness the great outpouring of love that occurs when people learn of his/her suicide. Many who kill themselves feel utterly alone. And when the soul gains consciousness of the amount of love involved, the being may have a moment of understanding and attempt to latch back into life. Unfortunately, because this is impossible, the soul may become trapped in limbo, earthbound until s/he is ready to let go into the light and/or reincarnate. That is why suicide can generate troubled ghosts.
I lost my twin flame to suicide, and I had the opportunity to witness the process because I was so close to him. He did go into the light, but it was after a lot of suffering and pain. I read to him from a book called "Who Dies?" by Stephen Levine, and that seemed to help.
I have no doubt that your love for your family member will transmit to her. The truth is that she is still with you, even now. And yes, she is being healed. There is unconditional compassion and acceptance from God and the angels and all the energy of the Divine for those who have died by suicide. The challenge lies not in the availability of forgiveness by others, but in the soul's own ability to forgive itself, to have compassion and acceptance for itself and the choice that was made.
May you feel peace in your heart; may your loved one be at peace.