Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 27-06-2018, 12:34 AM
Master
Can the Dead Here Us?

That is "Can the Dead HEAR us?"

It's only natural when a loved one passes on, that one wonders if where he/she is after death if he/she can watch, hear, respond to what's happening in the still alive physical realm. Recently my father-in-law passed on. In life, he was a painter. My spouse and I were talking about his house and how to go about removing all the paint that has accumulated there over the years. As we sat in the house talking it over, suddenly the truck alarm went off in the garage. There was no one in the garage and the truck keys sat on the kitchen counter in the house. So what caused the very loud honking alarm to go off on its own?

After getting it off I reminded my spouse what we were talking about when the alarm sounded off. Both of us were convinced that Dad was chiming in using the truck alarm to get our attention.

Just got me wondering just how capable humans are of trying to communicate with their still living loved ones.
Old 27-06-2018, 01:13 AM
Knower
Oh they can definitely hear us, and it's amazing how they respond~! I remember my brother and I discussing my grandfather over the phone years ago when my lights went out and my door slammed shut. I was so scared at the time I ran out the door when I found it, lol. I called my brother back and told him what happened; he experienced some strange activity, too. My grandfather played video games on his SNES gaming console, and he loved Donkey Kong Country. My brother had been playing Donkey Kong Country one night in the living room, and got up to take a break. In the living room, he heard the volume on the television go up full blast. Everybody else was in bed, so nobody else could have done it, and that wasn't something that t.v. did.

But yeah, I think that was your father-in-law too. I wonder how many times though, if any, that I have missed signs and communication attempts from those who have crossed over. I try to keep my eyes and ears open at all times.
Old 27-06-2018, 02:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wozniack
Oh they can definitely hear us, and it's amazing how they respond~! I remember my brother and I discussing my grandfather over the phone years ago when my lights went out and my door slammed shut. I was so scared at the time I ran out the door when I found it, lol. I called my brother back and told him what happened; he experienced some strange activity, too. My grandfather played video games on his SNES gaming console, and he loved Donkey Kong Country. My brother had been playing Donkey Kong Country one night in the living room, and got up to take a break. In the living room, he heard the volume on the television go up full blast. Everybody else was in bed, so nobody else could have done it, and that wasn't something that t.v. did.

But yeah, I think that was your father-in-law too. I wonder how many times though, if any, that I have missed signs and communication attempts from those who have crossed over. I try to keep my eyes and ears open at all times.

Thanks so much for sharing your story about your grandfather, wozniak. I'm like you now (since the truck alarm went off), thinking about just how many signs I may have missed from other loved ones that passed on. Since that incident, I've been talking more to people that are no longer here, thinking they may hear me. I have a photo on the shelf of my grandparents that I haven't seen in ages, but I loved them dearly. I'm hopeful now, that they are watching over me.
Old 27-06-2018, 02:25 AM
Master

No they can't. Don't worry!
Old 29-06-2018, 09:12 PM
Master

They can hear us and see us just fine. It's all good.
Old 30-06-2018, 01:00 AM
Super Moderator
To me it seems like loved ones tune in and out of us. No they are not there with us every second so aren't going to see or hear everything but they do know when we are in need and when we tune into them. And meanwhile they are never that far away. And they are likely to pick up on the smallest kind thought sent their way.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
To me it seems like loved ones tune in and out of us. No they are not there with us every second so aren't going to see or hear everything but they do know when we are in need and when we tune into them. And meanwhile they are never that far away. And they are likely to pick up on the smallest kind thought sent their way.

I like what you said, Tobi! I think, like you, that they can hear us when we talk to them or are thinking strongly of them in times of need. I wouldn't want to be watched 24/7 though, LOL.
Old 30-06-2018, 01:14 PM
Master

I agree Tobi. You said it better than I could of. I might also add they are not invasive. They respect our privacy.
Old 30-06-2018, 05:00 PM
Experiencer

When my mom was terminally ill with cancer it was very stressfull. I came home to live with her 5 days a week. My kids came with me as well at the same time my mom had custody of my sisters 3 kids. So I was taking care of 5 kids in total all 5 and younger, plus my mom who was going through treatment. On a particularly stressful day. The AC quit one of the kids was sick with a fever and the house was so hot I couldnt even get the thermometer in her mouth because it kept reading the house temp. We were totally broke and I was so stressed. I laid down on my moms bed and fell asleep for about 15 minutes. My grandmother came to me and told me not to worry there was a check in the mail box. She told me everything was going to be fine and that she loved me. When I woke up my daughter came up to me and said look i drew a picture for gram crackers which is what everyone called my grandmother. I knew instantly she had also talked to my daughter too. I told my mom about the dream and when the mail came sure enough there was a check in the mailbox for 600 dollars. My dad who absolutely never paid child support for me (after all I was 27 and he still owed over 50k) had sent a check.

Our loved ones know when we are at our breaking point and they communicate with us. They hear us and they visit on holidays and birthdays and special occasions. A year after my mom passed and on my birthday My husband sang me Happy birthday at midnight and for whatever reason he recorded it. It was just us and he was goofing off and then all of a sudden this white mist almost like smoke materialized in front of my face. You could only see it on the video through the view finder. I know that was my mom coming to visit me on my birthday.

Namaste`
Old 03-07-2018, 01:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compendium
When my mom was terminally ill with cancer it was very stressfull. I came home to live with her 5 days a week. My kids came with me as well at the same time my mom had custody of my sisters 3 kids. So I was taking care of 5 kids in total all 5 and younger, plus my mom who was going through treatment. On a particularly stressful day. The AC quit one of the kids was sick with a fever and the house was so hot I couldnt even get the thermometer in her mouth because it kept reading the house temp. We were totally broke and I was so stressed. I laid down on my moms bed and fell asleep for about 15 minutes. My grandmother came to me and told me not to worry there was a check in the mail box. She told me everything was going to be fine and that she loved me. When I woke up my daughter came up to me and said look i drew a picture for gram crackers which is what everyone called my grandmother. I knew instantly she had also talked to my daughter too. I told my mom about the dream and when the mail came sure enough there was a check in the mailbox for 600 dollars. My dad who absolutely never paid child support for me (after all I was 27 and he still owed over 50k) had sent a check.

Our loved ones know when we are at our breaking point and they communicate with us. They hear us and they visit on holidays and birthdays and special occasions. A year after my mom passed and on my birthday My husband sang me Happy birthday at midnight and for whatever reason he recorded it. It was just us and he was goofing off and then all of a sudden this white mist almost like smoke materialized in front of my face. You could only see it on the video through the view finder. I know that was my mom coming to visit me on my birthday.

Namaste`

Compendium - I'm so sorry to hear about your mother's illness and passing on as well as the hard times that you went through. I hope those hard times are behind you. Thank you for sharing your story. It's stories like this that inspire those of us who have lost a loved one. Again, sorry for your loss.