Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 07-10-2018, 04:26 PM
Pathfinder

I imagine I am filled with light and that the light is flowing into the cards. Then I do what feels right, usually some gentle shuffling and then I touch a card that "wants to be selected."

Sometimes I just select one card, other times a three-card spread, or a more elaborate spread will form.

If I am drawing for someone else, I imagine the light flowing into the person as well as into the cards, and I concentrate on feeling what it's like to be with the person.

I find this approach very reliable.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:48 AM
Pathfinder

Thumbs up I love Tarot! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn

While I do work with specific questions most times I find that the cards used will KNOW what your really asking for in answers without a question.

Lynn

I agree with this. I find many times I am just drawn to shuffling the cards and pick one without asking a specific question. And sometimes I will ask a specific question, but the card seems to be answering a more "important" question I had at the back of my mind but wasn't asking specifically.

I'm new to Tarot, so I'm still experimenting with different methods:

If I really want to make sure that Spirit can choose the right card for me, I will shuffle, then separate the deck into up to ten piles and try to sense which pile feels right. Then I will separate that pile into individual cards, and again try to sense which card is "right."

But this can get tedious, so most often I shuffle the cards with a traditional bridge shuffle, then cut the deck where it feels right and pick the first card.
Old 14-10-2018, 09:15 AM
Master
I focus on a question, or when doing a reading for someone, on that person AND the question, shuffle and the card that flies out is the one I need. I repeat this if I want more cards for a position, which is usually the case.

Sometimes with oracle cards I spread out the deck to intuitively pick a card.
This is not my favorite method, but resorting to it as sometimes my hands and wrists and fingers ache from shuffling so much (I do a lot of readings).
Doing it that way also doesn't damage a deck so much. And if you have gilded edges, they don't wear off so soon.
But it's more caring about my hands, wrists and fingers that I do this.