Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 31-05-2011, 01:57 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
...just as Henry VIII did not agree with Roman Catholicizm.
It was not so much not agreeing with Roman Catholicism as it was to make it posible to divorce his wives or annul his marriages that he became supreme head of the Church of England. He remained "a believer in core Catholic theological teachings."

Last edited by Bluegreen : 31-05-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Old 31-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Time

One other thing -

No where in the bible does it say we go to heaven when we die.... IT states that heaven will be ON EARTH after armaggeddon, and after the second comming of christ. Most instances are jesus saying NO human will ever come into the kingdom of heaven. We arent meant to untill after his comming, when all the dead are raised...
Old 31-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
It was not so much as not agreeing with Roman Catholicism as it was to make it posible to divorce his wives or annul his marriages that he became supreme head of the Church of England. He remained "a believer in core Catholic theological teachings."

Except those on marriage and papal supremacy.

I wonder how he saw killing his wives as good? Obviously he was a Godly and Christian man.
Old 31-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Time

The same could be said with the inquisition gem............
Old 31-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
The same could be said with the inquisition gem............

Was all that stuff good, or was it because they're sinners, and if they are sinners, what differentiates them form the evil?
Old 31-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Except those on marriage and papal supremacy. Only those on marriage/divorce. He had to make himself supreme head of his own church so he could divorce his wives or annul his marriages because the Roman Catholic Church would not allow it.

I wonder how he saw killing his wives as good? I cannot look in his heart but I think he knew that killing his wives was not good.
Obviously he was a Godly and Christian man.
Old 31-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Time

Gem - Obviously its the eye of the beholder in that situatio BUT me and you both know killing anyone

a) by burning them alive at the steak

b) JUST because they were scared of them, and because the chiurch frighteneed pepole

IS wrong. No one can justify it. But in their eyes they were right. its "gods will" to purge the world of satan remember ** rolls eyes.
Old 31-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
... how do you feel about saying what you said without any reference to the word"we"? How would it feel to live your entire life with your faith directed toward just you and not the rest of the world?
I'm just curious........

It would read like this:
That is why I am here. But I am imperfect, I am sinful and I fail to do these things perfectly. I believe that my faith in Jesus washes away my sins so that I can have eternal life in heaven.
I do not know about the rest of the world, I can only speak for me.
Love this post more than you know...

Excellent way to teach by giving the alternate sentences.
Like a good therapist.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 31-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Love this post more than you know...

Excellent way to teach by giving the alternate sentences.
Like a good therapist.

Thank you......
I'm really not trying to teach as much as I am sharing what I noticed in myself during my extensive time as a Christian. I hope it is helpful.
james
Old 31-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLisa
Is to:
#1. Love God with your whole heart, mind and body & soul.
#2. To Love your neighbor as yourself.

That is why we are here. But, we are imperfect, we are sinful and we fail to do these things perfectly. Faith in Jesus washes away our sins so that we can have eternal life in heaven.
Love god? What is god?
What does it mean to 'love' your neighbour as yourself?

Purpose is a personal thing. To make it objective is to remove people's individuality. Some people want to make music, others search for their 'sense' of spirituality,
and others... just have a love for hamburgers. To tell what my purpose is, is to try and dictate me what to do.

Imperfection is a weird religious term. It implies that we should be unhappy with the way this world is. It is this whole game of perfection and imperfection that has told humans how to behave and what to believe. It is exactly this mentality that causes more suffering. It is pure irony.