Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 31-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLisa
Really? Was Adolph Hitler just fufiling his own personal purpose here on earth? Of course not, he was taken over by sin and evil, a tool of satan and he allowed that to happen, he chose evil (satan) instead of good (God).

Yes, really. He was trying to. In my opinion, he did wrong. Blaming stuff on "Satan" is just a method of not taking responsibility for one's actions. Satan doesn't exist except to frighten people into helplessness so that they run to a religion to be saved.

Quote:
To say that there is no sin is like burrying your head in the ground. There absolutely is evil in this world, it's all over the place. That evil is sin.

No it's not. Saying there is sin is judging others' actions by our own perspectives and beliefs.
Old 31-05-2011, 12:05 PM
LisaLisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triner
Yes, really. He was trying to. In my opinion, he did wrong. Blaming stuff on "Satan" is just a method of not taking responsibility for one's actions. Satan doesn't exist except to frighten people into helplessness so that they run to a religion to be saved.

No it's not. Saying there is sin is judging others' actions by our own perspectives and beliefs.

Satan is responsible, but people are responsible for their own actions too, because they allow satan to work through them.

Sin is real, and it's based on what is Holy and Right according to God, our Creator.
Old 31-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Satan is responsible, but people are responsible for their own actions too, because they allow satan to work through them.

There's no such a being as "Satan". That's just a thing Christians use to blame behavior on. "The Devil made me do it" is twaddle. You chose to do the things you did. The witch burnings, the crusades, the inquisition, were all done in the name of God. But were really just poor choices made by the people seeking power and the directions given were followed by others not thinking for themselves (see below).

Quote:
Sin is real, and it's based on what is Holy and Right according to God, our Creator.

Holy and Right according to the Bible, no? The Bible was written by men, not God. Saying it's the inviolate Word of God just causes the circular loop of dogma that stops people from thinking for themselves and traps people in a religious hamster wheel.
Old 31-05-2011, 01:00 PM
LisaLisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triner
There's no such a being as "Satan". That's just a thing Christians use to blame behavior on. "The Devil made me do it" is twaddle. You chose to do the things you did. The witch burnings, the crusades, the inquisition, were all done in the name of God. But were really just poor choices made by the people seeking power and the directions given were followed by others not thinking for themselves (see below).

Holy and Right according to the Bible, no? The Bible was written by men, not God. Saying it's the inviolate Word of God just causes the circular loop of dogma that stops people from thinking for themselves and traps people in a religious hamster wheel.

No such thing as satan? I guess you don't know much about him then. He is as real as the keyboard I'm typing on right now. I was tormented by him as a child, my mother was pushed out of bed one night.

To deny his existence is unbelievable. But, that works out pretty well for him because if you don't believe in him then you aren't on guard against him and his wickedness.
Old 31-05-2011, 01:03 PM
Time

In terms of hitler................

IF he was taken ofver by the devil, or ruined by satan, then why did he colleect every single bit of holy relics he could possibly collect? Shouldnt they have hurt him in some way? Thats why people who are possesed freak out when they get holy water on them, or th elords prayor, or a crucifix..................
Old 31-05-2011, 01:07 PM
LisaLisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
In terms of hitler................

IF he was taken ofver by the devil, or ruined by satan, then why did he colleect every single bit of holy relics he could possibly collect? Shouldnt they have hurt him in some way? Thats why people who are possesed freak out when they get holy water on them, or th elords prayor, or a crucifix..................

Maybe you're watching too many horror movies.....lol.
Old 31-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Prokopton

Quote:
No such thing as satan? I guess you don't know much about him then. He is as real as the keyboard I'm typing on right now. I was tormented by him as a child, my mother was pushed out of bed one night.

I'm sorry to hear about that -- these things do happen.

May I ask though, for the purposes of your thread: how exactly do you know this was Satan?

I certainly believe in being vigilant against evil spirits, but it's unusual for them to give names.
Old 31-05-2011, 01:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Really? Was Adolph Hitler just fufiling his own personal purpose here on earth? Of course not, he was taken over by sin and evil, a tool of satan and he allowed that to happen, he chose evil (satan) instead of good (God).

To say that there is no sin is like burrying your head in the ground. There absolutely is evil in this world, it's all over the place. That evil is sin.

History reveals that much killing was done after choosing good (God). Someone gave examples already.

There is a trend of seeking the evil ones and killing them.

Christianity is not one religion... there's many sects of Christianity, and the bible becomes a whole bunch of different interpretations upon which sects don't agree, just as Henry VIII did not agree with Roman Catholicizm.

The bible is just a benchmark by which men are judged good or evil, not by God, but the men who interpret the book men wrote, and those same men deem when killing is good and when it is evil.
Old 31-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Is to:

#1. Love God with your whole heart, mind and body & soul.
#2. To Love your neighbor as yourself.

That is why we are here. But, we are imperfect, we are sinful and we fail to do these things perfectly. Faith in Jesus washes away our sins so that we can have eternal life in heaven.

In the energy of a recent thread by a member called Sound, entitled 'expressions of I", how do you feel about saying what you said without any reference to the word"we"? How would it feel to live your entire life with your faith directed toward just you and not the rest of the world?
I'm just curious........

It would read like this:
That is why I am here. But I am imperfect, I am sinful and I fail to do these things perfectly. I believe that my faith in Jesus washes away my sins so that I can have eternal life in heaven.
I do not know about the rest of the world, I can only speak for me.
Old 31-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Master
Quote:

You've been brain-washed by the best of them. It happens. What is believed becomes reality. I renounced the belief in satan...you believe he rules our world. You choose to be a sinner...I dont!

Don't judge me and I won't judge you. I can see you love your god..bless.