Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 08-04-2017, 05:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness
Baile, are you serious, man?

For one, I don't think "Christian-hating" is "bad." I see it as foolish, though.

And second, did you not see that my response to Vince was clearly a humorous one, and not an attack on New Age?
Whoops, sorry I missed that, Apologies.
Old 08-04-2017, 05:24 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by creedence
Why do these people strut around their glass churches throwing stones?

Fear, my friend. They are afraid. It's low self-esteem.

No one who is truly self-confident would stand atop a roof (in this case, YouTube, or even in this community) and loudly pronounce that their way is the only righteous way, while desperately trying to convince people of "the devil's" plans, as well as tearing down the spiritual faiths of others.

It's no big mystery, once one sees that such people as this are afraid and are really calling out for love (albeit in an anti-love way to some degree). Understanding this, one may then feel a deeper compassion for them and for oneself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creedence
I appreciate you follow your chosen religion quite fervently, but can't you do that and, well you know, be nice? Wouldn't that be more Christ like instead of attaching daft labels to anyone different?

You said it wonderfully. Awesome.
Old 08-04-2017, 05:27 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Whoops, sorry I missed that, Apologies.

It's cool, bro. Hugs.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:37 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
I have come to the understanding that the new age movement is actually part of a larger plan, a Satanic deception to distort people's minds and hearts away from the truth of the most high heavenly father and son Yeshua.
I tend to believe that the New Age is an industry, components of which can distort people's hearts and minds but with only slight evil intent. Much is misguided and I do feel they tie people into new orthodoxies that are highly questionable, often bringing misery and anguish rather than helping followers develop. There are plenty of snake-oil merchants out there selling doctrines that won't solve any spiritual ailment. I see it a bit like the cosmetic ads on television - they cast doubt on people's (mainly women's) self-confidence - their product being just the panacea. So the New Age often plays on feelings of inadequacy in one form or another - and has the easy answers. In both cases exploitation which, yes, verges on evil. Then again some can inspire and exhort people to feel better about themselves.

But you see, the whole issue of Christian orthodoxy is questionable. It happens but rarely here, few Christians question why only 4 of the gospels are given in the NT. There were 12 disciples. Where are the other 8? Well that question plagued me until I happened upon the Nag Hammadi scrolls - the extant fragments of those 8, sometimes called the Gnostic gospels. And it became clear what the Roman Church was up to. Furthermore, the Bible as is was overseen by Constantine who was more concerned with control than spirituality. Just my view that the existing Bible and some of its translations are evil: - they misrepresent the teachings of Jesus to suit the agenda of a warlord emperor initially and ensure the priesthood could be kept in luxury thereafter.

If people want an evil current, there are several routes which are only tangentially to do with the New Age.

Conclusion - what's evil and not is a matter of one's morality. The real Christian seeker will be looking at Jesus' teachings not the Bible. Further, one doesn't need to be a Christian to value Jesus' teachings.

Old 09-04-2017, 12:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness
Seawolf, that's total nonsense, and an obvious Christian-hating statement. You are projecting YOUR exclusivist attitude upon Christianity in general, which is highly immature. I am not a Christian, but even I know that it is a provable fact that modern Christianity is far more open and flexible in general than it has ever been.

The Internet is FULL of proof of this, as is the everyday world. An increasing number of Christian churches such as Methodist, Episcopalian and others have even been inviting non-Christian speakers into their communities.

And speaking of the topic of "new age," even many contemporary Christians the world over have been influenced by "new age," metaphysical and occult teachings, being that the Christian bible itself includes many esoteric references.

It is not uncommon these days to hear Christians speak open-mindedly of parallel universes, time travel, various psychic subjects, books such as The Power of Now, Law of Attraction (for their bible itself includes many references to LOA from Jesus as well as from other prophets), etc. Many Christians are open to the idea of receiving blessings from "the universe," and I have personally heard quite a few Christians speak of "the universe" at times, rather than using the word "God."

Practically all religions are becoming less and less exclusivist, simply because the mass human consciousness (by means of one individual at a time) is allowing itself to expand in consciousness. This is FACT, whether realized or not. Humanity in general is growing up, for this is our evolutionary destiny. Most people who label themselves as "Christian" do not even attend church on a regular basis. Quite a few Christians in the western world practice Yoga, seeing no problem with basic Yogic philosophy in regards to their Christian faith.

Yes, many Christians still think in terms of "my way or the highway" to some degree, but most (Christians and people in general) in the present day are less emotionally repressed, and do not "thump" their belief systems upon others in a very forceful and dangerous way, most being okay with the fact that there are others who follow a different religion.

Moreover, more and more Christians and people of various faiths in general are realizing that we are all really one, that the so-called differences between religions are superficial and that all people have more in common than less in common.

YOUR statement, Seawolf, was in fact very exclusivist and hypocritical, as you began your first paragraph by saying,

"One thing you have to understand is..." (My bold-text of "have")

You accuse Christianity of being largely exclusivist, yet you are here demanding that people "have to understand" your viewpoint, a viewpoint which itself is heavily anti-Christian, which is an exclusivist type of attitude.

Who are you to tell people here what they "have" to do??

Please think about it.

Yes. This. There are many open-minded Christians, Catholics and others who take religion and their faith, and faith in God seriously.

Might I suggest the Op simply wishes to be heard like others here? And perhaps is it possible they also post in hopes of finding like minded people who believe much like they do?

We are all human, and have our own voices and we all wish to be heard.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:25 AM
Master
I was a hard-core new ager for about ten years. When I was 14 I learned how to have OBEs and my interest renewed in the practice when I was 20. By this time I was lost in harmful thoughts, habits and behaviors (although they were usually very subtle) and naturally rejected the teachings of the Bible, as my way of life was simply not compatible. Rather, the Luciferian doctrines of the New Age movement (God is an impersonal energy force, we are all gods, we can evolve into super human god beings, sin and Christian teachings are largely false, there are ETs and loving spirits we can contact to guide us, etc) supported my selfish mindset and fantasies of how I would like life and reality to be.

11 years later, after a nonstop quest to find truth and continuous research into spirituality, personal experience with various spiritual practices, research into the nature of spirits, ETs, religions, conspiracies, the universe and reality, I came to realize that it was all intimately related to what is written in the Bible. I realized I had been conditioned to reject Christianity and that all aspects of reality that I had come to understand were all indicating that the Bible was in fact the truth. After doing in depth, unbiased research into the Bible, I realized that most of what I thought I knew about it was actually false, disinformation, and clearly part of a larger agenda to discredit it. It turns out that the Bible is more historically credible than any other body of work from that time, and even for quite some time after. This video series is an excellent source of information which brings to light much disinformation commonly spread about the Bible:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...FHVcjIMN_-F596

After much research into the true origins and motives of the New Age movement, it was clear that I had been deceived for a long time. I think some people are so attached to their beliefs that it would be inconceivable to give them up, even when faced with tremendous evidence. I was once in the same boat so I know how it is. Good luck and God bless.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:32 AM
Master

Quote:
Might I suggest the Op simply wishes to be heard like others here?

Yes, this is a voice that longs to heard, but it's not like the others. I don't see the majority of people here saying everyone else's spirituality is evil and from Satan. It easily could be reported since it's disrespectful of others beliefs. Not sure why you'd want to defend that.

Last edited by Seawolf : 09-04-2017 at 04:53 AM.
Old 09-04-2017, 05:05 AM
Master

Quote:
I was a hard-core new ager
Hardly anyone calls themselves new age. If you want to open the eyes of us lost souls deceived by Satan, you might consider something else. New age is like from the 80s or something lol.
Old 09-04-2017, 05:22 AM
Guide

Quote:
I was a hard-core new ager for about ten years. When I was 14 I learned how to have OBEs and my interest renewed in the practice when I was 20. By this time I was lost in harmful thoughts, habits and behaviors (although they were usually very subtle) and naturally rejected the teachings of the Bible, as my way of life was simply not compatible. Rather, the Luciferian doctrines of the New Age movement (God is an impersonal energy force, we are all gods, we can evolve into super human god beings, sin and Christian teachings are largely false, there are ETs and loving spirits we can contact to guide us, etc) supported my selfish mindset and fantasies of how I would like life and reality to be.

11 years later, after a nonstop quest to find truth and continuous research into spirituality, personal experience with various spiritual practices, research into the nature of spirits, ETs, religions, conspiracies, the universe and reality, I came to realize that it was all intimately related to what is written in the Bible. I realized I had been conditioned to reject Christianity and that all aspects of reality that I had come to understand were all indicating that the Bible was in fact the truth. After doing in depth, unbiased research into the Bible, I realized that most of what I thought I knew about it was actually false, disinformation, and clearly part of a larger agenda to discredit it. It turns out that the Bible is more historically credible than any other body of work from that time, and even for quite some time after.

[snip...]
I wouldn't call New Age spirituality Satanic, but I agree that it is a deception because it is the same old Christian stuff in new wrappings, sometimes coupled to the 'ME, ME, ME' culture.

The Bible may be historically quite credible, but in the light of modern living its interpretation has become lacking in credibility. This is of course the reason for the arising of New Age interpretations. Traditional Christianity is not bad but needs to recognize that it has become its own worst enemy.

Dogmatic interpretations of texts which are over a thousand years old are not acceptable nowadays, no matter whether they are Christian or Islamic texts. Both these religions are the two most afflicted by the stubborn and sometimes literal interpretation of the uttering and writings of a few people who lived in different times.
Old 09-04-2017, 06:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Yes, this is a voice that longs to heard, but it's not like the others. I don't see the majority of people here saying everyone else's spirituality is evil and from Satan. It easily could be reported since it's disrespectful of others beliefs. Not sure why you'd want to defend that.

Personally I wrote what I did because I find this whole worn out and tired argument foolish.

People of more spiritual nature's go at religious natured people whom post thread such as this with feelings of being angry and insulted and people of religious like personalities come at spiritual minded people with the thoughts and ideas of posting threads such as "Spritual new agers are evil and in support of satan and satan worship".

And I am reading this and many like spiritual-religious online waged wars all like:

Are you folk sorta going off the deep end? To each his own.

And now you respond and your response is-

Op could be Banned for this, why are you defending Op?

And I am here watching the battle a small amused look on my face being at one with myself, oneness and Buddha and my response is...

What is there to defend? The man believes. In something. Whom are we to judge what? Or the Op?

Can we all not disagree without having to blatantly respond?

And my zen self is and feels: Ah yes. This does not require too much of a response or fiasco. Indeed very well.

You see?

Or no?

I think I entirely missed the point.

Thank God!