Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 07-04-2020, 05:29 AM
Newbie ;)

"Not what I need to be doing"

Hi everyone. I hope you are doing well and are healthy. The most powerful ego manipulation my mind plays on me is the feeling that I am not doing what I should be doing. This happens to me when I am doing tasks beneficial to my well being, and not self-destructive activities. I am far along enough in my journey to be able to recognize and dismiss these attempts to regain control over my mind, but they still jar me and pull me away from bliss for a little while. Do others deal with this issue? If so do you have any tips on dealing with it?
Old 07-04-2020, 05:47 AM
Master

Maybe you are on a good journey, but not on the best / optimum journey you could be on. So, it might not be an ego manipulation, but an inner guidance, and although it might be an attempt to derail you from your current path, that might be in order to bump you to a better path, and not to a worse one. Try to follow your intuition more than your intellect and emotions! For example, maybe your inner guidance tells you that bliss isn't what you should aim for.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 08-04-2020, 05:42 AM
Newbie ;)

Thank you this is helpful. I will work on learning to better distinguishing intuition from ego. Any suggestions for doing this?
Old 08-04-2020, 07:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkraistin
Thank you this is helpful. I will work on learning to better distinguishing intuition from ego. Any suggestions for doing this?
My recommendation is to learn to get in contact with your subconscious and your inner guidance. I use self-hypnosis. I think it is a much better tool than meditation or prayer.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 09-04-2020, 04:59 AM
Master
For me it comes down to training my mind, which can take some time, but repetitive affirmations that counter any negative thoughts may work. Look in the mirror and repeat positive statements to yourself out loud on a regular basis. But you have also got to believe what you are saying to yourself in the mirror.

Guided imagery or visualization techniques may also help. I am currently training my mind using certain sounds and colors. For instance you look at a certain color, and then close your eyes and try to visualize that color, but I also know that each color has a particular sound, or musical note attached to it, so I hummm that note while visualizing its corresponding color. Some colors have a more positive influence then others. I learned this when I studied the Hebrew Kabbalah.

We can not let our head rob us of the experience that is within our heart, so I keep my head quiet most of the time, and daily do some kind of mind training, including cross-word puzzles to try and train my mind. What we feed with our attention will grow, and it is all about patterns of mental behavior in my opinion. Just say to yourself "ego go" when those thoughts arise, and then immediately go to your quiet center. Peace.