Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 29-12-2019, 01:20 PM
Master
I will tell you why I am angry at the New Age and Hinduism.

It is because they are so sure that they are God. I don't find it that obvious. I really struggle with the principle. I am much more at peace with it now but it caused great heart ache in the past.

There is this great movement going on in society lead by the New Age, Gnostics and Hindus which claim I AM God. I am like; really? Wait a minute are you sure?

As I said I am much more at peace with the idea now.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 29-12-2019, 02:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
It is because they are so sure that they are God. I don't find it that obvious. I really struggle with the principle. I am much more at peace with it now but it caused great heart ache in the past.

There is this great movement going on in society lead by the New Age, Gnostics and Hindus which claim I AM God. I am like; really? Wait a minute are you sure?

Live and let live, others beliefs don't bother me at all as long as they don't hurt others. Anger is a waste of energy unless you use it for the good of yourself and others, for example..... standing up for the injustices in the world.

Being at peace with the idea is good but you should question why outside influences are causing you stress which comes from within not without...
Old 29-12-2019, 02:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Being at peace with the idea is good but you should question why outside influences are causing you stress which comes from within not without...

The cold weather affects me too. That comes from the outside. I am not trying to isolate myself from the world. I would rather embrace it and accept all its nuances. Yes the outer world affects me a great deal. But it is worth the pain for what it has to teach. No pain, no gain.

Old 29-12-2019, 03:13 PM
Master
Quote:
The cold weather affects me too. That comes from the outside. I am not trying to isolate myself from the world. I would rather embrace it and accept all its nuances. Yes the outer world affects me a great deal. But it is worth the pain for what it has to teach. No pain, no gain.

Gain without pain
Old 29-12-2019, 04:45 PM
Master
Quote:

I sorta like the people who claim they are God. I am still waiting for one of them to come up with a Ruby or Sapphire (snap of the finger) to give me.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 29-12-2019, 04:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I sorta like the people who claim they are God. I am still waiting for one of them to come up with a Ruby or Sapphire (snap of the finger) to give me.

Yes quite. That is where the whole premise falls apart. Yet there are beings like Sai Baba who apparently could create gemstones with the snap of his fingers.

Old 29-12-2019, 04:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Gain without pain

Goes down easy....

Old 29-12-2019, 05:13 PM
Newbie ;)

I said this in another post but seems relevant...I reckon, for what its worth, we are part of god but not god. But god is more than the sum of our own experience. Therefore we are children of god as god is far more than the sum of our parts (destinguishing everything we know from the sum of the whole).

So not so hard to confuse then? Seems were all talking about the same ol jazz again to me...
Edit/Delete Message
Old 29-12-2019, 06:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes quite. That is where the whole premise falls apart. Yet there are beings like Sai Baba who apparently could create gemstones with the snap of his fingers.
And how many of those gemstones did he give away to perfect strangers?

People always wondered if his 'acts' were real or just sleigh of the hands. As for me, I do not know how much vibhuti people gave me that they got from him. Never did get any gemstones from him.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 29-12-2019, 07:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
And how many of those gemstones did he give away to perfect strangers?

People always wondered if his 'acts' were real or just sleigh of the hands. As for me, I do not know how much vibhuti people gave me that they got from him. Never did get any gemstones from him.

LOL I had sachets of vibhuti too. My mum even stuffed one into my pillowcase to protect me.

I have seen one of the gemstone rings which Baba created. My mum is friends with an Indian family who live in the ashram - they were close to Baba and he gave them all manner of creations. It was a gold ring with nine separate gemstones.