Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 22-05-2020, 09:12 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven47
Hi everyone! I have done lots of research on the spiritual meanings of specific diseases, illnesses, even broken bones and common colds and the spiritual root to having them. Which has been very helpful in my life and also those close to me, it gives you another perspective which helps healing in a different way. Anyways, what I have not found much information on is health anxiety, hypochondriacs, anxiety in a whole, and mental illness in general and their relation to what it means spiritually. Has anyone found information on the spiritual meaning behind health anxiety or anxiety in general? I know the external forces that can trigger it, like being around people with illness or reading about it, and so much more, but I really am wanting a deeper meaning to it all, so I can understand why I am letting myself experience it and what may be causing it besides my mind and external factors. Thank you!
It is fear, the most basic negative emotion. It is the most detrimental feeling, and it can manifest in various ways.

Fear materializes in our lives in situations that perpetuate fear. Get rid of the fear inside you, and external situations causing fear will dissipate.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 22-05-2020, 09:15 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Hello.

The short answer for this one...and you are not going to like it, is a preoccupation with the constant fear of death.

Every little thing gets narrowed right down to "could this be the final thing that does me in?" Every little headache, every twinge in the chest, every pain in the big toe...health anxiety is a b*tch and it's all about trying to control things that are beyond our control...trying to anticipate every circumstance, to put in "plan B-Z" just in case of an infinite number of unforseen possibilities eventuates...not being able to accept things as they are..or to let go...or to "go with the flow" without worrying about what the result of anything you do next is gonna be anywhere from 5 mins to 5 years from now.

There is a guy on YouTube called "The Anxiety Guy"...sweet and simple
I won't include any links...far too many of them.

The only way to overcome health anxiety is to overcome the fear of death itself...which is a lot easier said than done.

Stoicism helps.

Shivani, thanks for your response. The only thing that I cannot relate to is that I don’t fear death, just the suffering that people experience in general throughout life.
Old 22-05-2020, 09:16 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I'm not sure if there's a spiritual 'meaning' behind health anxiety. Anything related to meaning is very personal and risks divisiveness when trying to apply it to everyone else. What works for you or me as a personal explanation will not satisfy or apply to someone else.

Fear of death can play a role, but it does not with every (or most?) health issues. What people may need/want is definitive proof that death isn't the end of their existence. Even so, people that have NDE often say they still fear the pain and process of dying. I'm not sure if there's anyone that has zero fear.

Love this, thank you!
Old 22-05-2020, 09:17 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
true Altair,I have no fear of death,just the process beforehand.

Yes!! Same here!!
Old 22-05-2020, 09:20 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
It is fear, the most basic negative emotion. It is the most detrimental feeling, and it can manifest in various ways.

Fear materializes in our lives in situations that perpetuate fear. Get read of the fear inside you, and external situations causing fear will dissipate.

I can agree with this, thank you.
Old 22-05-2020, 09:22 PM
Master

Quote:
I can agree with this, thank you.

This is a relevant quote from Seth:
Quote:
"Now: If you expand your sense of love, of health, and existence, then you are drawn in this life and in others toward those qualities; again, because they are those upon which you concentrate. A generation that hates war will not bring peace. A generation that loves peace will bring peace."
—SS Chapter 12: Session 550, September 28, 1970
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 24-05-2020, 11:06 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
I just don’t want to deal with the suffering like most people do in this lifetime.
Then you're missing out on so much Spirituality - but then that depends on your own personal definition. Suffering is the surface layer and there's a far deeper Spirituality, in terms of the existential experience within the context of created, perceptual reality.

Quote:
but I will keep doing my searching internally since that is always the most accurate answer.
You are the answer looking for the question, and when you find the question the answer will make sense.

Quote:
Has anyone found information on the spiritual meaning behind health anxiety or anxiety in general? I know the external forces that can trigger it, like being around people with illness or reading about it, and so much more, but I really am wanting a deeper meaning to it all, so I can understand why I am letting myself experience it and what may be causing it besides my mind and external factors. Thank you!
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4031576/

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=132776

The deeper meaning is your reality.
Old 24-05-2020, 03:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Hi everyone! I have done lots of research on the spiritual meanings of specific diseases, illnesses, even broken bones and common colds and the spiritual root to having them. Which has been very helpful in my life and also those close to me, it gives you another perspective which helps healing in a different way. Anyways, what I have not found much information on is health anxiety, hypochondriacs, anxiety in a whole, and mental illness in general and their relation to what it means spiritually. Has anyone found information on the spiritual meaning behind health anxiety or anxiety in general? I know the external forces that can trigger it, like being around people with illness or reading about it, and so much more, but I really am wanting a deeper meaning to it all, so I can understand why I am letting myself experience it and what may be causing it besides my mind and external factors. Thank you!
I have been told anxiety described have to do with traumatic past life experiences and unresolved experiences one carries forward. Karma would be an example.
Old 24-05-2020, 05:38 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
I have been told anxiety described have to do with traumatic past life experiences and
unresolved experiences one carries forward. Karma would be an example.
I said that, too.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-05-2020, 07:44 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
I have been told anxiety described have to do with traumatic past life experiences and unresolved experiences one carries forward. Karma would be an example.
Anxiety is caused by unresolved emotional trauma in this Life and has nothing to do with Past Lives. This is what happens when Spiritual people start giving Spiritual answers to what has nothing to do with Spirituality, yet has everything to do with Spirituality. Anxiety is a response to emotional trauma that has never been resolved and can go back to childhood, it's caused by destructive cognitive behaviour such as 'positive thinking' or just burying deep emotions and the pain that has been caused instead of dealing with it effectively. Often it's the person's self-esteem or self-worth that is destroyed, I would say ego but I won't, since it's a swear word in here.

This kind of karma is also a by-product of destructive cognitive behaviour, it's nothing more than victim mentality brought about by people who don't take ownership of the creation of their own reality. In the original Sanskrit the the word karma translated to 'action' but was later changed to 'cause and effect', which is neither positive not negative until someone defines it as such. The 'ethical component' of karma is kamma-vipaka, which is the 'results' of intention.