Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 21-01-2019, 02:43 PM
Newbie ;)

Talking Meditation questions

When I started to meditate it seemed I hit 'gold' immediately as on my very first meditation EVER I went into a trance-like state and had a strong spiritual experience. I would go as far to say that I believe my third eye opened. I have always had beginners luck and so this did not surprise me.

Since that time (which is about three months ago) although I have meditated I have not had a spiritual experience whilst meditating, although I have had a few profound spiritual experiences.... but just not while meditating.

Is this normal? I wondered how often people have spiritual experiences when they meditate, every time/once a week/every couple of weeks. I'm just trying to get an idea of expectation.

Also, and this is an important question...I have read that it is important to raise my vibration whilst meditating (which I do through breathing), but recently I have noticed something physically happening to me too and I wonder if someone can explain it to me.

So, in the evening before I sleep I do my breathing to raise my vibration, say a short prayer, and ask Archangel Michael to protect and release me from any psychic ties from anyone/thing that has attached themselves to me, and to protect me from any unwanted beings. During and afterward I have noticed that my body starts to vibrate slightly, from my head down to my toes and it doesn't go away until I wake up in the morning. What I wanted to know is this my body going into a higher vibration? is this the physical side to' raising my vibration'?

I live in a very spiritual place, on top of a mountain and I have had a lot of spiritual experiences recently after my initial first meditative experience.

Hope you guys can help me as I am on my own with all that's happening to me.
Old 22-01-2019, 12:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metchas
When I started to meditate it seemed I hit 'gold' immediately as on my very first meditation EVER I went into a trance-like state and had a strong spiritual experience. I would go as far to say that I believe my third eye opened. I have always had beginners luck and so this did not surprise me.

Since that time (which is about three months ago) although I have meditated I have not had a spiritual experience whilst meditating, although I have had a few profound spiritual experiences.... but just not while meditating.

Is this normal?

Having a profound experience on the first meditation is a little unusual, but meditation which doesn't have 'spiritual experiences' is very common. It's also common that spiritual experiences happen at random when not meditating - so yes, it's normal.

Quote:
I wondered how often people have spiritual experiences when they meditate, every time/once a week/every couple of weeks. I'm just trying to get an idea of expectation.

Also, and this is an important question...I have read that it is important to raise my vibration whilst meditating (which I do through breathing), but recently I have noticed something physically happening to me too and I wonder if someone can explain it to me.

Quote:
So, in the evening before I sleep I do my breathing to raise my vibration, say a short prayer, and ask Archangel Michael to protect and release me from any psychic ties from anyone/thing that has attached themselves to me, and to protect me from any unwanted beings. During and afterward I have noticed that my body starts to vibrate slightly, from my head down to my toes and it doesn't go away until I wake up in the morning. What I wanted to know is this my body going into a higher vibration? is this the physical side to' raising my vibration'?

I live in a very spiritual place, on top of a mountain and I have had a lot of spiritual experiences recently after my initial first meditative experience.

Hope you guys can help me as I am on my own with all that's happening to me.

I think you might be starting to desire special spiritual experiences a bit too much, and that actually disturbs the mind little and becomes counterproductive, so I'd say, keep meditating as you are but be content and let things happen rather than trying to make things happen.
Old 22-01-2019, 05:56 AM
janielee

I was also taught to never desire or look for anything "special". In time what is ordinary will become special in itself for the patient and humble.

Bless.
Old 22-01-2019, 05:58 AM
janielee

https://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/qanda06.htm
Old 22-01-2019, 02:17 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you both, I think that makes sense.