Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 04-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Henri77

We all tend to discount experiences we haven't personally had, as well as many of our own we cannot rationalize.
This is the story of humanity.

We drop experiences into boxes we believe in, what doesn't fit our concepts we ignore or reframe to fit our beliefs.

Some insist dreams are nothing but the creative subconscious at work,
Others feel there may be astral travel involved, and others feel our dreams are influenced by astral beings.

I suspect it's a bit of all this. In my case anyway.

Our imagination can create anything, but through discernment one can often discover things they didn't suspect existed.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnacle
Years later, I started getting frequent sleep paralysis and experienced the very same thing while paralyzed so now I think that that didn't actually happen in Jamaica, it was just one of these sleep paralysis hallucinations. Its very odd because I rarely (only happened about twice in my life) wake up in SP, it always happens when I'm falling asleep. Even though my ma's boyfriend was one of the coolest people I've ever known and hes someone that could easily be my best friend (since our personalities go together well), we developed serious animosity for each other and nearly killed each other on numerous occasions. It even got violent once. What was happening was I'd feel like he was belittling me then I would start to try to do the same to him and I would offend him and this gradually escalated. I'm wondering if there was a negative entity behind all this. I should mention that my father is an occultist with serious psychological issues and that he seemed to want to get back with my mother and didn't like her boyfriend at all. While I don't know if any of his occult stuff actually works, I can bet he likely performed rituals to get my mas boyfriend out of the picture. I didn't know my dad until I was 16 but we became real good friends but hes not the most honest person around, I doubt he'd answer me honestly if I ask him has he done rituals involving me or my ma's boyfriend. My dad is dirt poor, has been addicted to heroin most of his life and has quite a lot of problems though, if his magick was effective, I'd assume he'd use it to make some money. One of the reasons I suspected he may be involved in my sleep paralysis is because I did opiates with him for the first time so I thought that maybe some kind of psychic link had been formed to the drug. However, I later learned that GABAergic drugs cure my sleep paralysis and I now know that opiates inhibit the release of GABA, this is how I learned that GABA is connected to sleep paralysis.

When someone is addicted to drugs it is very likely they have attracted a negative entity or entities into their life. If those entities lived a physical life it is very likely they chose to live a similar way as the drug addicted person and so they can vicariously feel the euphoric feelings once again through the person. It makes it much more difficult for the person to get clean because these entities can overshadow the person and cloud their decision making, addiction is already such a struggle with an entity triggering your addiction it can become much more difficult.

Now when someone has an entity that is sticking around them for an extended period of time whether the person knows it or not the entity seems to form a bond with this person. If this person has an issue with another person in the real world the entity will go and attack that person to get even. And so what you said about your father is very likely that an entity attachment he picked up through his drug addiction could of been the cause of your attacks or if your mother or her boyfriend had any attacks as well.

Also when you use magic especially dark magic you are thinking about negative things, not only thinking but putting those thoughts into action. By doing this you can create an entirely new dark entity that will do your bidding. And so if he did curse them or put spells on them in a negative fashion a lot of the time this will feed the entity and make it stronger and then it will go and do what he wishes. These types of entities can be more drone like and basically just follow the orders his spell cast. The first type I spoke about are typically earthbound spirits who refuse to pass over because of unfinished business, earthly addictions, or a tragic death. And we know many Heroin addicts die in an untimely miserable fashion so I imagine there are tons of them running around in the lower planes looking for someone alive to feed off of and get high again through them.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:32 AM
Guide
The only thing to fear from Sleep Paralysis is your own imagination and what it has the potential to create for yourself. :)

The key point to remember if you experience SP is to REMAIN CALM. Nothing will make a SP experience go downhill faster than you freaking out. The moment you begin to freak out, you'll begin to manifest a whole host of horrors upon yourself.

Lynn mentioned "being held down". What that feeling is, is you being consciously aware of your completely relaxed body. Have you ever felt your body being completely relaxed? It's the sensation of every muscle in your body being pulled towards your bed by the simple effect of gravity upon them. Nothing more. No "entity" is holding you down.

That's the scope folks. Remain calm, and stop scaring yourselves. What you can do is place the Intent to float like a balloon... experiment and see what that does for you. :)
Old 05-08-2012, 04:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanth
The only thing to fear from Sleep Paralysis is your own imagination and what it has the potential to create for yourself. :)

The key point to remember if you experience SP is to REMAIN CALM. Nothing will make a SP experience go downhill faster than you freaking out. The moment you begin to freak out, you'll begin to manifest a whole host of horrors upon yourself.

Lynn mentioned "being held down". What that feeling is, is you being consciously aware of your completely relaxed body. Have you ever felt your body being completely relaxed? It's the sensation of every muscle in your body being pulled towards your bed by the simple effect of gravity upon them. Nothing more. No "entity" is holding you down.

That's the scope folks. Remain calm, and stop scaring yourselves. What you can do is place the Intent to float like a balloon... experiment and see what that does for you. :)

I don't think you can be sure that everyone who experiences Sleep Paralysis does not have something else going on. Perhaps in your experiences that is the case but you can not vouch for everyone. Just as I cannot say everyone who experiences Sleep Paralysis has an entity holding them down.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Guide
I know exactly what's going on with SP, however you don't have to believe me... You can continue scaring the **** out of yourself instead. You can try to learn from my experience, but in the end the choice is yours. :-)

I've helped a lot of people get over SP fears from what I share in my above post... But each of those people had to make the choice to take in the information.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveyduck

Sleep Paralysis is or used to be terrifying for me, like you Miss Hep, I used to think there was some evil presence around me too, until a good friend said to me "You sure it isnt actually you trying to get back into your body? Never knew Sylvia Browne said it was the case either, but I think Robert Bruce also mentions it in his book Astral Dynamics.

I haven't had sleep paralysis for a long time now. However, prior to having sleep paralysis, while out on the astral, Ive seen deceased people, relatives and non-relatives, some strange scary beings of part human kind ( ),talking snakes wrapping itself around my body and felt insecure many times as my awareness was only beginning to open up. These days and having asked for guidance on my journeys and with new knowledge, Im secure when "out there" and enjoy it more than anything....wonderful experiences of the spiritual kind Ill say more than a vivid imagination. Ive seen many things unfold in my day to day life after having seen it in astral which certainly assures me of this.

Awesome thread and will continue to read the shared experiences from you all
Thank you. Always nice when another has a similar experience and shares that.

I am in a discussion about the astral on another forum.
Wow, this guy actually chooses to go to weird lower levels..icky places.
(Well, he just stopped doing that. Good)
I'm all, why?
It's like walking outta my house and going to a scary part of town at 3am,
but worse...why?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Master

Xanth is correct. I used to get sp a lot once but that was years ago now. I used to look forward to it because I knew I could ap. When I got sp I used to see scary things but I knew there was nothing to worry about so I did not worry about it. I have said this a lot before, itt cannot hurt you. Forget about seeing scary things and you will be a lot happier. I ap and went on my way without any problems.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:49 AM
Master
In my teen years, I went through mulitple SP episodes. At first they were terrifying. I would wake up in the middle of the night, paralyzed from my neck down. I can move my eyes, breathe, but I couldn't move the rest of me. It felt like someone was squeezing my neck. After multiple episodes of the same, I got accustomed to the feeling until I'd fall back asleep. Over the years, I rarely have a SP episode and it doesn't bother me like it used to knowing what a SP is.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanth
I know exactly what's going on with SP, however you don't have to believe me... You can continue scaring the **** out of yourself instead. You can try to learn from my experience, but in the end the choice is yours. :-)

I've helped a lot of people get over SP fears from what I share in my above post... But each of those people had to make the choice to take in the information.

Just because you know what happens in your experiences doesn't mean that is the same in everyone else's. It's hard to scare the **** out of yourself when you are not scared of something. You are not omniscient and all-knowing and neither am I. You are not a scientist who studied Sleep Paralysis for years, and neither am I. You are one person who believes you have the answers for your experiences. That does not mean you have the answer for anybody else's. We are all different and our experiences are all different.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
Also when you use magic especially dark magic you are thinking about negative things, not only thinking but putting those thoughts into action. By doing this you can create an entirely new dark entity that will do your bidding. And so if he did curse them or put spells on them in a negative fashion a lot of the time this will feed the entity and make it stronger and then it will go and do what he wishes. These types of entities can be more drone like and basically just follow the orders his spell cast.
Yeah that'd be my theory as to why he has entities with him. He told me that he was at a psychic fair once and they took a kirlian photo of him which revealed he had 2 auras. Hes told me that he thinks he was entities with/attached to him. I don't know if hes ever used magick rituals for bad reasons but to take a guess, I'd say most likely. Hes had a real hard life so hes developed the me (or us when hes with someone he views as an ally) vs. the world mentality. He told me a few times that entities are all around us and when you're not aware of them, they manipulate you but once you're aware of them, its the other way around, you can control them. If he has entities doing his bidding for him, you'd think that he could use them to help him make some money though.