Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 13-11-2018, 07:08 AM
Experiencer
Was it a Set up?

Told my friend I'm looking for a partner and I met someone online who I was going to meet for coffee. The next day this friend messages me asking how my date went and when I said it was a fail, she asked me over for dinner that weekend with her partner, son and mentioned that another friend was coming. So I went to her house for dinner and it was quite awkward at the dinner table. Her friend had a silly grin the entire night and when the couple left us alone in the living room she turned to me and asked if she could give me a ride home which I had agreed to. So on the way home, this woman opened up about her family and asked me about mine etc so it was like getting to know on the ride home. Told her I'm going to this event and said she should come before going down the car. Then she said when is it, I said in two weeks time and she said she'll put it in her calendar. So I thought ... nice lady.

The next day, my friend messages me to thank me for coming to dinner and then proceeded to say ... "Wasn't it nice of "her friend" to drive me home"???
That's the only time it hit me ... it might have been a set up.
Old 13-11-2018, 12:11 PM
Lorelyen

Does it matter if it's a set-up?
Also, your friend sounds to be socially interested in you and hopefully you thanked them for the invitation/dinner.
Old 14-11-2018, 02:30 AM
Ascender
It was inappropriate. You don't not tell people if you are setting them up!
Old 20-11-2018, 02:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalTrav

The next day, my friend messages me to thank me for coming to dinner and then proceeded to say ... "Wasn't it nice of "her friend" to drive me home"???
That's the only time it hit me ... it might have been a set up.

Meh,

Either there was something there or not.

The friend may have had an idea that you two might hit it off but didn't want to jinx it by stating that it was the intention. It may have been last minute or they might have thought "d'you know, if the date doesn't go well I'm gonna see how they might get along".

Just go for it, at the end of the day someone is interested in getting to know you.

Just don't feel obliged if you don't reciprocate those feelings.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 24-11-2018, 11:56 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
Meh,

Either there was something there or not.

The friend may have had an idea that you two might hit it off but didn't want to jinx it by stating that it was the intention. It may have been last minute or they might have thought "d'you know, if the date doesn't go well I'm gonna see how they might get along".

Just go for it, at the end of the day someone is interested in getting to know you.

Just don't feel obliged if you don't reciprocate those feelings.

I've gone out with a few and for some reason it didn't work out and was okay with it, moved on. This girl, I've only been out with twice and the last date wasn't all that good. But I can't stop thinking about her. It's crazy. While the others I've spent more time with and didn't react this way when they left. This recent one has been lingering in my thoughts since the last time we saw each other which was 2 days ago.