Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 19-10-2019, 11:30 AM
hazada guess

Where did spirituality come from?............Who knows,lol. Probably passed down through the ages and exaggerated along the way,like most religions.All I know is that is the purest and most believable religion(I think that i can call it that),that I know of.
Old 19-10-2019, 12:16 PM
hazada guess

Sorry folks,but this question got me thinking. Spirituality is different to us all,there is no set path.This is where it differs from any other religion.I suppose it originated when humans could think for themselves before being indoctrinated to any other way of thinking,when man thought that there must be something else.
This leads me to believe that it is one of the oldest religions around.Perhaps early man had similar unexpected things happen to them,they got together,shared their experiences and spirituality was formed,then it became exaggerated in some ways until you get to where we are today though the main experiences stand out.
Oh,i'm tying myself in knots here so i'll sign off and leave you to come to your own conclusions.
Old 19-10-2019, 11:24 PM
Master
Interesting question.

I have no religion, yet here I am.

I know very little about spirituality and yet I have spiritual experiences.

My elder would say, if I believe what is happening in my little world of perception is true and real, then it is true and real for me. It does not mean it is true or real for anyone else. (And this is without the lava lamp and special mushrooms.)

I am either the chicken before the egg or the egg that believes she is a chicken.
Old 21-10-2019, 11:34 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry420
My question means that who brought spirituality to earth , I mean which religion ?
I see now a days christian calling themselves spiritual and so do muslims...
can these two faiths ever have spirituality in them ?

Note: These 2 are mere questions of discussion not debates.

Thanks

My understanding is the Earth herself is a spirit and all that exists on her has spirit.

The question maybe who introduced NO spirit/spirituality that mankind lost it's way.
Old 23-10-2019, 02:30 PM
Newbie ;)

Bunny SPIRITUEL

HEY DEAR I READ YOUR AUESTION ITS VERY IMPORTANT
I FIND THIS FOR YOU
Old 23-10-2019, 02:32 PM
Newbie ;)

SPIRITUEL

Everyone knows that faith plays a significant role in our spiritual growth, but practically speaking it either occupies too much or too little of our understanding. If our conception of spiritual growth is nothing more than self-effort we will not experience life transformation.

But if every spiritual pothole is paved with “just trust God,” we will also miss out on true spiritual growth. This is not to detract from the centrality of faith in becoming more like Christ, only to understand its role, so we can better coach those whom we disciple.

In the Christian life there are certain truths that are either so formative, or so fragile, that your disciple may require special assistance in learning to hold them in the shopping cart of faith. As a mature Christian we are used to toting these truths around like a handbag (such as the security of our salvation), but young Christians need to develop the spiritual muscles that we take for granted
Old 07-07-2020, 10:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Spirituality 'IS' it is it's own reason for being. The historical drama of development, the rise and fall of civilisations, the development of tools etc. etc. as much of this as you believe, is just that, A Drama, a Creation as the Christians like to call it. Spirituality is the unconditioned, the unborn, the undying, God .. the drama of life exists within the unconditioned, the unconditioned exists within the drama of life. The Buddhist phrase 'Form is only emptiness, emptiness only Form' alludes to this.

To get back to your original question, Where does spirituality come from ? It doesn't come from anywhere in the ordinary sense of the word but is everywhere. Perhaps it reveals itself as the world proceeds ? It is an uncovering and a falling away rather than an acquisition, although various saints. mystics and practitioners of all faiths and traditions have made great efforts to know God. So it is an acquisition in that sense. That great efforts were made and results were had. Will spirit reveal itself so much that the whole world will become enlightened ? Interesting question and I think this is the question behind your question. Will the Biblical revelations prove to be true and the world destroy itself ? Or will facebook bring us closer to world unity and peace etc. ? interesting thanks for the opportunity to air a few views.

My teacher once asked me, "What is there that is not spiritual?"
Old 08-07-2020, 04:05 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters

Exactly I also had a spiritual friend and i told him one day about a couple of 'signs' that i've had along the way in my life. He said it's all a sign !

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 08-07-2020, 03:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Exactly I also had a spiritual friend and i told him one day about a couple of 'signs' that i've had along the way in my life. He said it's all a sign !

We are on the same page on this point !
Old 10-07-2020, 12:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry420
My question means that who brought spirituality to earth , I mean which religion ?
I see now a days christian calling themselves spiritual and so do muslims...
can these two faiths ever have spirituality in them ?

Note: These 2 are mere questions of discussion not debates.

Thanks

You have fallen into the trap of thinking that 'spirituality' has something to do with religion.

'Spirituality' - the word for the energies in nature which form and guide the development of all lives in all degrees and octaves during the procedure we call evolution and which we sometimes recognise and endow with scientific names was 'here' before everything else.

'As above, so below' is valid.

Religion developed from mankind's search for a reason.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.