Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 10-03-2012, 12:20 AM
BeautifulLife

Well I kinda laughed when you said 2-3 glasses of wine since to me that seems social. Even my wife drinks that much. I can down 1/2 bottle of run (1.75L/2=0.875liters) or 12-18beers (depending on the beer) and be up and functioning at work by 7am. In college many a times I'd leave parties to go to work or class that went all night into the morning. Not saying I'm like that now but yes, I raise my hand to what you OP said.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:24 AM
Enigmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulLife
Well I kinda laughed when you said 2-3 glasses of wine since to me that seems social. Even my wife drinks that much. I can down 1/2 bottle of run (1.75L/2=0.875liters) or 12-18beers (depending on the beer) and be up and functioning at work by 7am. In college many a times I'd leave parties to go to work or class that went all night into the morning. Not saying I'm like that now but yes, I raise my hand to what you OP said.

Well i'm female, but thanks for pulling me out of my denial.

2-3 FULL glasses, equalling anywhere from half a bottle to a bottle of red a night. Plus if i get started on vodka martini's... don't ask.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:30 AM
BeautifulLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic
Well i'm female, but thanks for pulling me out of my denial.

2-3 FULL glasses, equalling anywhere from half a bottle to a bottle of red a night. Plus if i get started on vodka martini's... don't ask.

reason I posted my numbers. I knew you were lowballing your reality. Nobody complains about drinking 2-3glasses of wine/night even small girls. And lol at the martini's.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:49 AM
Master

Not me; reality is for people who can't face drugs and alcohol. I could be the poster child.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:56 AM
Loving_Soul

I spent every weekend getting TRASHED when we first separated - to numb the pain give me a break from reality - but as I was out partying the lack of sleep and hangover just compounded it all and by Sunday Arvo I was an emotional train wreck - its not the answer u know that hun - try boxing it helped me xox
Old 10-03-2012, 03:44 AM
Guide
Im an Aussie and I dont drink If I did use alcohol to numb me through this omgosh Id be in trouble ..There are so many ups and downs and the downs can last a very long time

I keep myself busy gym ,hobbies, study, life etc..Ive seen alot of people start off with the Ill just have one ,two,three a day.. One day they wake up and realise they have drunk the whole bottle
Old 10-03-2012, 04:36 AM
ladysinsta2001

Been there done me no good at all just ran myself into the ground and all the stuff was still there to be delt with when it was all over.
Hugs and love to you
Old 10-03-2012, 07:07 AM
BodhiChan

I was a hard core alcoholic for over thirty years. I lost everything. I mean everything. I literally went into the bottom of the abyss. But I'm out now. I'm alive and well. I defeated the demon that possessed me although he still lurks in the background so I can never let my guard down. But...I am at peace now and moving on to the next exciting phase of my life.

So all I can say is, do not let alcohol or any addiction take control of you. It is the Real HELL.

Namaste,

Bodhi
Old 10-03-2012, 12:10 PM
NekoTheCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulLife
reason I posted my numbers. I knew you were lowballing your reality. Nobody complains about drinking 2-3glasses of wine/night even small girls. And lol at the martini's.

so how does it make it ok for anyone to drink a whole bottle of red wine every night? -and im not talking about genders here-
and OP didnt even say she drinks with a friend or anything like it..? so it can't be called *social drinking* ¬_¬

OP, im not trying to judge you, here, because we all have our down periods and we simply don't know how to cope with them.
i'd say to replace one of the wine glasses with one of water, but this is not showing real support.
be careful <3
Old 10-03-2012, 12:21 PM
Master
Enigmatic, I just got rid of that problem and the cravings.

I got rid of it in a couple of weeks and how I did it was juice fasting for a week and then again the following one one after eating salads on the saturday and sunday in between.It made me loose all desire o drink and made me lose about 10 kilos in just under 4 weeks. I also continued eating off and on.

Try damiana tea. It's a bit like a weaker kava in the numbing dept and it works great. You get it off ebay for about 14 bucks for heaps of it or about 5 bucks a 25 gram one just to try.

I stumbled onto the mystery cure all tool..Fasting. it makes you healthy and helps get rid of eating habits you dont want like alcohol and junk food.