Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Numerology, Runes etc.

Old 26-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B.
If your going to use something, you should well know what your using and how it works. It's not being very honorable to just do everything by the book, regardless of the tricks you use with it.

This seems rather vague, how does one learn if not by using a book ? Does one " just know " ? if so, then how can you answer questions that people are asking ?

and I don't see anywhere that seahorse said he was using tricks ~
trusting gut instincts is like a " knowing or intuition " in my opinion

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 26-10-2011, 05:13 PM
seahorse

Quote:
If your going to use something, you should well know what your using and how it works. It's not being very honorable to just do everything by the book, regardless of the tricks you use with it.
Playing with lil' runes isn't exactly rocket science or discovering the cure for cancer..don't take yourself or your runes too seriously Mike, there are more important things in life.....
Old 26-10-2011, 05:28 PM
Deactivated Account

choosing runes ~ how is this done ? put them in a bag and draw them out one by one ? or does one shake the bag and see which ones fall out ?

Expect Miracles !

Old 26-10-2011, 06:52 PM
seahorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
choosing runes ~ how is this done ? put them in a bag and draw them out one by one ? or does one shake the bag and see which ones fall out ?
Well...unenlightened ones like me cut a little hole in the bottom of the bag, shake and shake until one falls off, then repeat the procedure. I call this the "Lotto Draw"
and yes i know i have this lottery fixation, but i'm working on it
Old 26-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Deactivated Account

hee hee on the lottery fixation ! " Lotto Draw " amazing how that word comes into the conversations , nice easy way for the runes to be chosen

Expect Miracles !

Old 27-10-2011, 02:27 AM
Michael B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahorse
Playing with lil' runes isn't exactly rocket science or discovering the cure for cancer..don't take yourself or your runes too seriously Mike, there are more important things in life.....
There's a lot more to it than your giving credit for, the meanings go much deeper than they seem to. Your not respecting the means your using, and I'm not very fond of that. Reading also isn't the only thing Runes can be used for. Galdr is Runic, and it's also more artistic, seeing as it's more musical. Besides, if you aren't taking your tools seriously, how can you trust them? A compass can make a circle, but that doesn't mean that's all it's good for.

With that rant over, when I read I grab a handful and drop them or toss them. Layouts are fine, but I don't see the need of always using layouts. It's up to you how you choose to do it though.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:16 PM
dhaga

Hi Michael. Thanks for starting this thread up. It's great to have a place for people to come to ask questions specifically about the runes, from a runemaster no less :)

Quote:
There's a lot more to it than your giving credit for, the meanings go much deeper than they seem to. Your not respecting the means your using, and I'm not very fond of that. Reading also isn't the only thing Runes can be used for. Galdr is Runic, and it's also more artistic, seeing as it's more musical.

I've had my rune set (purchased) for about, wow, I guess it's been 17 years now. The set came with a little book about divination uses for them, and interpretations for each one. I always felt there was more to them than just a divination tool, though, and that sparked an interest in exploring other uses...

I am currently studying the deeper meanings of the runes, individually and as a whole. Once I feel I have a solid understanding of each, I plan to move onto stadhr (sp?) and practicing galdr as well -- I suspect on the latter, my pronunciation may be off... but I don't feel that matters so much as the heart and intent put into it.

No questions just yet... but I look forward to keeping up with this thread. :)
Old 04-11-2011, 12:09 AM
Michael B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaga
Hi Michael. Thanks for starting this thread up. It's great to have a place for people to come to ask questions specifically about the runes, from a runemaster no less :)

I've had my rune set (purchased) for about, wow, I guess it's been 17 years now. The set came with a little book about divination uses for them, and interpretations for each one. I always felt there was more to them than just a divination tool, though, and that sparked an interest in exploring other uses...

I am currently studying the deeper meanings of the runes, individually and as a whole. Once I feel I have a solid understanding of each, I plan to move onto stadhr (sp?) and practicing galdr as well -- I suspect on the latter, my pronunciation may be off... but I don't feel that matters so much as the heart and intent put into it.

No questions just yet... but I look forward to keeping up with this thread. :)
That's good to to hear, but are you talking about Seidr by any chance? I learned the base meanings of the Runes from the internet, and I one of the sites I used mentioned that. While I meddle around with Galdr, I have yet to try that specifically. Here is the website, if it's any use.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:38 PM
dhaga

Quote:
That's good to to hear, but are you talking about Seidr by any chance? I learned the base meanings of the Runes from the internet, and I one of the sites I used mentioned that. While I meddle around with Galdr, I have yet to try that specifically. Here is the website, if it's any use.

I'm not familiar with the term Seidr. I'll check out the site and let you know :)
Old 09-11-2011, 09:36 PM
dhaga

That site has a lot of different information about Seidr, so I'm not sure if what I am doing is that, specifically...

Right now, I am taking a more scholastic approach, memorizing the meanings and uses of each of the 24 runes in the elder row before I advance to actual practice. I believe this will help me when it comes time to call on them, not having to stop and check my notes so often :)