Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Closed Thread

Old 30-01-2007, 10:38 AM
~Jay~

Third eye too open?

Hey all!

I seem to be having a problem with my third eye being way too open...this is despite trying numerous exercises in order to close it down properly. The problem I'm having is during more heightened periods of connectivity - the 'action' at night is such that I can barely sleep! Every time I feel I'm about to drop off, I pick up on someone's voice really loudly, or am instantly transported into vision after vision. This past week or so I swear my bedroom has been like Grand Central Station!!!

I have been told that I definately have this wide-open third eye by quite a few people now. I have tried all the usual methods of shutting down, and even some more bizarre sounding ones! Not sure what else to do, but I have been averaging about 2 hours sleep per night just lately, and that simply will not do! LOL. I needs me sleep!!!

Can anyone help?
Old 30-01-2007, 11:01 AM
kundalini

Hi Jaycee,

I understand what you mean when you talk about 'Grand Central Station'!

Anyway, my suggestions are that if you have either an amethyst or sodalite crystal, place one or the other under your pillow at night as those stones are said to promote peaceful sleep.

The other one is is that you may have a lot of energy when you are going to sleep and so this energy is instead being unpurposely directed towards having visions and the suchlike. You have already stated that you have tried all the usual methods. Try this one instead:

Utilise the energy yourself and simply picture in your mind a wall of either a light blue colour or a peachy colour. Expand the wall so it continues to fill your vision. Then, hold it.

Jaycee, do this and you should fall asleep very quickly!

Last edited by kundalini : 30-01-2007 at 11:30 AM.
Old 30-01-2007, 11:15 AM
dreamer

Hey Jaycee,

I find that focusing on the third eye during the day counterbalances the increased activity at night and makes the waking dream much more fun too!! I had the same sort of thing a few weks ago and just decided to push it further to see what happened (after all I wonder can I be too open?), it seems resistance makes it stronger, pushing it makes it weaker and acceptance makes it just right. Also I am trying to open the heart more and find that if i stop thinking and start really appreciating the great show around me it takes some of the heat off the third eye and opens the heart and crown. Might not work for you but thats my experience thus far(although I'm awake half the night with a baby anyway), all the best with it.

Last edited by dreamer : 30-01-2007 at 11:25 AM.
Old 30-01-2007, 11:53 AM
~Jay~

Thanks for the replies guys....nice to know there are others who can empathise!

Kundalini - thanks for the visualisation exercise - I'll give that one a go. I also do have an amethyst, which I have recently cleansed & charged, but I just put it on my bedside table rather than under my pillow. I'll try moving it & see what hapens.
Old 30-01-2007, 06:48 PM
deltawaves

Hi Jaycee,

When my third eye is going bonkers I find it's because I haven't been physical enough during the day i.e in my body and my mind has been over active.

So maybe you could try some hard/long physical work during the day so by the time you hit the sheets you are so physically tired that you just have to sleep to recover and recharge physically(the body will override the mind in this case) :> And then you haven't shut down your third eye, which I think you don't need to do, cos so many people can't even open theirs.
Old 30-01-2007, 08:03 PM
Guide

jaycee, all the suggestions above are good ones. Remember that correcting chakra disfunction, if you are unable to perceive it directly, and even so, takes time just like any method of healing self. Man, it would be great if we could just adjust all of our chakra's like volume control on a sterio to precise settings and call it good for the day. But, the reality is, it simply takes time, patience and discipline. Try not to seek a magic solution that will instantly fix it.

All chakra's can be too open. In fact, the form of the chakra's themselves is much more complex than simply open or closed. They can be misshaped (oval or eliptic), spinning to slow/fast or in the wrong direction, not properly connected to your vertical power current and so on.

Here is my advice until you get a perminent fix. Before you go to sleep, relax and get centered as much as you can, put your palms of your hands together and place them facing your third eye about 4 inches away from your body. If you are attuned to reiki, use it. Then say, pray, chant, sing or command, "I call upon my third eye to be fully efficient, properly connected, singing the correct note, illuminating the correct color and light and absorbing energy at a rate equal to my highest good, now. So bit it, I am at peace". I know this is a mouthful and it is ok to change the words around to suit you, but it will help. While you are saying this, visualize the energy coming out of your hands and into your chakra and visualize it creating the desired results.

If you try it, let me know how it works.

Chadley
"Correcting oneself is correcting the whole world. The sun is simply bright. It does not correct anyone. Because it shines, the whole world is full of light. Transforming yourself is a means of giving light." ~~~~Ramana Maharshi
Old 30-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Deactivated Account
jaycee i'd have a word with your guide/door keeper ask them to hold them back while you rest, it is not wrong to say no to spirit, if you are worn down by constant bombardment, you won't work very well when you do want to. grounding is important as is closing down
Old 30-01-2007, 08:37 PM
~Jay~

Thanks for the advice everybody! I appreciate it.
Old 30-01-2007, 11:04 PM
spiritalk

Opening and closing exercises are important to maintaining balance...of your material life and your spirit life. The third eye is not necessary to the full operation your material world. Close it until you are ready to work with it in spirit contact. Then when you finish, close down. All of this has techniques and methods.

Do not ever pick one chakra (third eye) over others for closing. All need to be opened and shut effectively for the full balanced operation of your life. You do not need spirit input during material pursuits (job, family, relationships, etc.)

God bless, J
Old 31-01-2007, 02:31 AM
Lapis

Jaycee,

You might try these to see if it helps take the edge off that overactive 3rd Eye business.

1) Get naked and barefoot and run through your neighborhood at 2 AM humming your favorite songs.

2) Have wild hot sweaty monkey sex with your husband until you can't mentally focus on much of anything.

3) Eat some really good expensive chocolate.

4) Run away from home for a week and don't tell anyone where your going.

Seriously I've been through this too and its not easy or fun but it seems for some of us that's its an aspect of what we must go through for reasons I'm not completely clear on. What we're going through now is NOT common, it's very different that just 20 short years ago, and we tend to forget this in all the super condensed and accelerated energy changes we're living through now. Obviously I don't have the answer for you unless my list just sounds fun anyway!

Get out in Nature as much as you can and rest, really rest which is hard at your age with kids and all, and ask your "ascension guide" to slow this down a bit and it will. But honestly I think this is one of many weird n' wild symptoms of what humanity is currently going through and even though it feels like we won't survive some of this.....we do. Hang in there my friend....you are in our Hearts.
Closed Thread