Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 15-01-2017, 11:37 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 This >< That

Universe of occupied space is not created ergo there is no one source or even multiple sources for such creation. There exists only initial circumstances for this or that phenomena.

1st law of conservation: naught is created nor lost

Absolute >truth< Relative

Occupied Space >< Non-occupied Space

Spirit >Soul/Biological< Spirit

Gravity >Reality< Dark Energy

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 16-01-2017, 08:06 AM
Master
Reality aside, evolution of the human species is dependent on dualistic forces.
Duality serves and important purpose for humanity; we are reaching for the
“fifth kingdom” to aid in a plan for establishing a more enlightened life here on
planet earth; duality helps us in this endeavor. While non-duality is what we
reach for duality is the process by which we will get there.
Old 16-01-2017, 03:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Duality serves and important purpose for humanity; we are reaching for the “fifth kingdom” to aid in a plan for establishing a more enlightened life here on planet earth; duality helps us in this endeavor.
I was with you up until “fifth kingdom.” Duality is an observable aspect of reality. Whereas human-imagined concepts like “fifth kingdom” are belief projections born of one's chosen religion or spiritual philosophy. An important distinction I think when discussing reality, and sorting through what's real versus what's imagined.

EDIT: I see Starman you were simply referencing some philosophically-amorphic raised-consciousness future for collective humanity. Okay, got it.

Last edited by Baile : 16-01-2017 at 06:57 PM.
Old 16-01-2017, 03:40 PM
Master
Something I touched on the other day but didn't make 100% clear:

First: To be alive in human form and yet say, "I neither believe anything nor hold a relative truth," is a contradiction. It is humanly impossible to NOT believe in anything, to not believe in relative truths, and in truths that govern and guide one's life.

We all recognize a wall is a solid object, and that walking through a wall is impossible, and that walking into a wall will cause us to bump into the wall and even hurt ourselves. That is why we do not walk into walls, and why we instead choose to walk around them. We believe this about walls. This truth about walls is relative to our existence. The same obviously can be applied to thousands of everyday examples.

Second: To say "the phenomenon [truth] does not inherently exist," is likewise a contradiction. Because to hold such a position, is to believe it. Is to believe in this truth. Meaning one is manifesting and making real, the very phenomenon they claim doesn't exist.

A person who doesn't believe in the phenomenon of truth, would hold no such belief-position. If a person truly believed that, then when asked if truth existed, s/he could only ever reply, "I have no opinion one way or the other. For to believe one way of the other, would affirm that some kind of truth, on some level, does in fact exist."
Old 16-01-2017, 08:22 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Something I touched on the other day but didn't make 100% clear:

First: To be alive in human form and yet say, "I neither believe anything nor hold a relative truth," is a contradiction. It is humanly impossible to NOT believe in anything, to not believe in relative truths, and in truths that govern and guide one's life.
Only if there is belief in self is it impossible to drop any belief. As long as there is a self felt to exist (in the affirmative) truths seem to exist and so called 'non-duality' which actually is 'neither duality nor non-dualtiy' remains a conceptual fiction.
Old 17-01-2017, 06:49 AM
Master

:) :) :) :) :)

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Last edited by Joe Mc : 17-01-2017 at 09:38 AM.
Old 17-01-2017, 09:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Non Duality is a term only, used to designate your illusion that you are somehow a long lasting separate entity who functions here on planet earth forever. So duality is the basic illusion that you are the body and that you are going to die and that you were born. So how can something die that was never born ? That which sees all this is the knower and has never been in duality or non duality there is no such thing apart from mind of course. The precious intellectual mind indeed which people go to war over and slay each other over. And people on Sf argue over. I'm not much of an arguer myself these days or have i ever been. So the terms non duality and duality are terms that point to something which can't really be described completely in words. So Night and day are dualitstic ..they are opposites ? Really ? Could you explain how night and day are opposites ?

i don't enjoy arguments either; not the kind that become bickering over
whose point was made better. there is another kind of 'argument' which
is used to provide evidence for a conclusion -- those can be entertaining.

my explanation for how night and day are "opposites" would use the idea
that they are complementary and not in opposition. just as a sphere would
be incomplete without each of it's hemispheres, or applause would be
impossible without either of the hands participating, so are night and day
conjoined 'opposites' of a single whole.
Old 17-01-2017, 09:33 AM
Master
Duality exists in the physical plane and its purpose is to teach souls to appreaciate the good they have when in the spirit world. The spirit world does not have duality at and the Souce is so balanced that he is neutral, neither hot nor cold, up or down, evil or good, etc. But in the earth plane there is duality.
Old 17-01-2017, 12:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
:) :) :) :) :)
Darn Joe, I was just getting around to commenting on your post. Your point was well-taken. I would add people try way too hard to distance themselves from innocuous, simple-to-understand human words and concepts like duality, reality, and truth. But that's the nature of intellectual analysing, which is pretty much the nature of the dehumanizing internet as well. Now if we were together in a salon, we could take a couple of sips or puffs, sit back, and let our thoughts drift and formulate into a kind of collective human wisdom-cohesive. Alas though, 'tis not the reality.
Old 17-01-2017, 02:12 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
... I would add people try way too hard to distance themselves from innocuous, simple-to-understand human words and concepts like duality, reality, and truth. ....
It is utterly absurd to try to distance oneself from that which is not inherently different from oneself.