Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 11-09-2018, 06:46 PM
Newbie ;)

First World Crystal Problems - Help Please?

Went on vacation with my family and came across a shop that sold loads of crystals. The guy selling them claims that he mines them from the nearby mountain. I bought some but noticed that he had marked on them with a marker. I don't know if it was a permanent marker or what but I wanted to know if anyone knew how to clean something like that off of crystals. Thank you in advance!
Old 12-09-2018, 03:35 AM
Experiencer
Do you know what type of crystals you have ? If you knew it would help narrow down the cleaning process. In most cases some mild soap diluted with water with a soft cloth would suffice in most cases, but some crystals are water soluble and can get damaged this way. Even with such a crystal it might be worth doing still, rather than have the ink from the marker on it. I would use a cloth though and only enough water as needed.

Depending on the type of crystal, certain acids can work wonders, but again this depends on the mineral in question. Try a little sunlight soap on the end of a Q-tip with a tiny bit of water just to moisten it a bit, and then go over a small part of the ink very lightly and see if there is an improvement.
Old 13-09-2018, 01:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hour Glass
Went on vacation with my family and came across a shop that sold loads of crystals. The guy selling them claims that he mines them from the nearby mountain. I bought some but noticed that he had marked on them with a marker. I don't know if it was a permanent marker or what but I wanted to know if anyone knew how to clean something like that off of crystals. Thank you in advance!

I am curious why he had them marked?

Where the crystals the type that have water trapped inside them?
Old 13-09-2018, 11:19 PM
Newbie ;)

Hey guys, thank you for commenting.

I got a selenite and a rose quartz

He had numbers marked on the rose quartz. Mine has a 2 on it. I'm unsure why he was marking them.

Also, I can easily scratch the selenite with my fingernails. Is it normal for selenite to be scratched so easily?
Old 14-09-2018, 01:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hour Glass
Hey guys, thank you for commenting.

I got a selenite and a rose quartz

He had numbers marked on the rose quartz. Mine has a 2 on it. I'm unsure why he was marking them.

Also, I can easily scratch the selenite with my fingernails. Is it normal for selenite to be scratched so easily?

Selenite is very soft.... which is nice if you should nick it or whatever.

The rose quartz may have marks referring to the grade of rose quartz - in your case grade 2.

As for cleaning, you can use a general cleaner that will remove ink.

As for clearing, charging, etc. - do not leave her out in the sun too much - she might change to white quartz (oucch!).
Old 14-09-2018, 01:47 AM
Suspended
The title of this thread is funny.
Old 15-09-2018, 01:33 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Selenite is very soft.... which is nice if you should nick it or whatever.

Forgive me for my ignorance and impetuous response, but how is this nice ? A crystal that is prone to damage is a nice feature ?
Old 15-09-2018, 03:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal canuck
Forgive me for my ignorance and impetuous response, but how is this nice ? A crystal that is prone to damage is a nice feature ?

If you break a point off of a quartz specimen - you have a problem.

With Selenite if you break off a point, no big deal. Something as simple as a finger nail polish board can put a new point on the Selenite in no time.
Old 15-09-2018, 05:25 AM
Experiencer
Hmmm...interesting. I suppose along the same thoughts you could repair a scratch or small chip in the specimen with some light polishing ? I can see the advantage in this regard.
Old 15-09-2018, 06:21 PM
Master
You got it!