Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 12-12-2012, 02:48 PM
EdgeHippy

Was this astral projection?

I'm so excited to be here, I just signed up this morning so I could post and get opinions on what may be my first concious astral projection.

It began with what I am well aware was a lucid dream. I'll paste my dream log here instead of writing it all out again, with some added notes at the bottom.

-----------Dream/AP Log-----------
I had, days before, read about astral travel again and had tried an astral projection meditation (it failed, I felt vibration but didn't leave my body).

On the 7th I became lucid in a dream. I was looking at myself with a handheld mirror and when I became lucid, I noticed my face changing into a mad image. I said I wanted to be happy and I don't remember anymore of that scene. (Note: this is a typical trigger for me to become lucid, seeing my reflection)

The next I knew I was running uphill and took flight. When I took flight it wasn't intentional, it was as if I was enjoying the uphill running (in the grass, on a sunny day) so much that my body decided it was time to fly, with no forethought.

I was flying.

The dream stops on it's own, while I was still lucid. I became aware of the room I was sleeping in. At that moment, I knew I was no longer dreaming. I was sleep paralyzed, felt a strong buzzing sensation, and instantly decided this was the time to try and astral travel. I asked to be taken to the Pleiades. I felt propelled movement, as if being pushed from behind without my doing. It was an incredible sensation of very fast movement. I felt semi-aware of my (astral) body, at least in the sense that I was upright and being pushed from my back.

After a short (or long) time, I stopped. I couldn't see anything. I wondered if I was there, "Am I here?" I asked. Then I became aware that my son needed my attention, as he was waking up. I opened my eyes and adjusted him so he could nurse.

---------------------end log---------------------------

So one thing to note is so far I've become lucid in many dreams but only had minor control. As in, I don't choose what I want to dream about but have changed unpleasant parts (like when something begins to look scary), and been aware that I'm dreaming when the scenes change. Or I sink back into unconciousness and continue dreaming.

So what I'm trying to figure out is if the second part where I ask to be taken to the Pleiades is a continuation of the lucid dream or was actually astral travel. It FELT different. My mind wasn't foggy. It was still connected to my body because (I co-sleep) and felt my toddler moving there at the end and knew I had to come back. I didn't feel any movement going back to my body, I just opened my eyes. I also didn't feel like I was waking up, it felt similar to when I come out of meditation quickly, without becoming aware of my body first.

Anyway, I'm curious for your thoughts! Did I astral project? If so, how come I couldn't see anything? Did I go anywhere? I felt all that movement and then still was in nothing-ness! I couldn't see, here, or feel anything. I read some info that suggested perhaps I was in a dimension too far away from my frequency and so "nothing" was there for me to sense.
Old 13-12-2012, 03:14 AM
Master
Seems likely you did project. There is still a small chance you were dreaming. The most telling part was that when you arrived, you couldn't see anything (more energy will fix that BTW, sometimes telling yourself to open your eyes works).
Old 13-12-2012, 02:30 PM
EdgeHippy

Thanks wstein.

Yesterday I did a lot of reading here and elsewhere and came across descriptions of astral wind. The way it is described sounds so much like what I experienced when being pushed from behind. It felt like the strongest wind that I couldn't resist but had no sound. Also I read about the void, which sounds like what I was in. Whether still dreaming or projecting I'm still not clear, but either way it was an incredible experience. Even being "nowhere".

Thanks for the tips about how to fix sight. I can't wait to try again!
Old 13-12-2012, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator
I encountered that Astral Wind sometimes in the past. But I didn't remember the feeling of being pushed, just sort of 'propelled' -and the wind was very strong. I was never sure if it was the actual speed I was going at which caused the sensation of wind, or if it was an actual 'wind' itself.
Whenever the wind came I had no conscious control over it or where I'd end up. But it was OK, as nothing bad ever happened to me, as a result.
Old 14-12-2012, 01:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgeHippy
I'm so excited to be here, I just signed up this morning so I could post and get opinions on what may be my first concious astral projection.

It began with what I am well aware was a lucid dream. I'll paste my dream log here instead of writing it all out again, with some added notes at the bottom.

-----------Dream/AP Log-----------
I had, days before, read about astral travel again and had tried an astral projection meditation (it failed, I felt vibration but didn't leave my body).

On the 7th I became lucid in a dream. I was looking at myself with a handheld mirror and when I became lucid, I noticed my face changing into a mad image. I said I wanted to be happy and I don't remember anymore of that scene. (Note: this is a typical trigger for me to become lucid, seeing my reflection)

The next I knew I was running uphill and took flight. When I took flight it wasn't intentional, it was as if I was enjoying the uphill running (in the grass, on a sunny day) so much that my body decided it was time to fly, with no forethought.

I was flying.

The dream stops on it's own, while I was still lucid. I became aware of the room I was sleeping in. At that moment, I knew I was no longer dreaming. I was sleep paralyzed, felt a strong buzzing sensation, and instantly decided this was the time to try and astral travel. I asked to be taken to the Pleiades. I felt propelled movement, as if being pushed from behind without my doing. It was an incredible sensation of very fast movement. I felt semi-aware of my (astral) body, at least in the sense that I was upright and being pushed from my back.

After a short (or long) time, I stopped. I couldn't see anything. I wondered if I was there, "Am I here?" I asked. Then I became aware that my son needed my attention, as he was waking up. I opened my eyes and adjusted him so he could nurse.

---------------------end log---------------------------

So one thing to note is so far I've become lucid in many dreams but only had minor control. As in, I don't choose what I want to dream about but have changed unpleasant parts (like when something begins to look scary), and been aware that I'm dreaming when the scenes change. Or I sink back into unconciousness and continue dreaming.

So what I'm trying to figure out is if the second part where I ask to be taken to the Pleiades is a continuation of the lucid dream or was actually astral travel. It FELT different. My mind wasn't foggy. It was still connected to my body because (I co-sleep) and felt my toddler moving there at the end and knew I had to come back. I didn't feel any movement going back to my body, I just opened my eyes. I also didn't feel like I was waking up, it felt similar to when I come out of meditation quickly, without becoming aware of my body first.

Anyway, I'm curious for your thoughts! Did I astral project? If so, how come I couldn't see anything? Did I go anywhere? I felt all that movement and then still was in nothing-ness! I couldn't see, here, or feel anything. I read some info that suggested perhaps I was in a dimension too far away from my frequency and so "nothing" was there for me to sense.

Lucid dreaming is astral projection first off. Secondly you couldn't see because you were either suffering from astral blindness, or you were in the black void zone between the RTZ and the astral planes. Next time you can't see just keep flying upwards and eventually things should start appearing. There is a zone between the RTZ and the astral planes that is pitch black, empty, and there is pretty much nothing in there. You have to fly through that to make it into the planes. A lot of times once you make it into the planes nothing will appear until you stop flying, plant your feet on solid ground and start walking forward. It seems like there are millions of entrances in the darkness that take you into parts of the planes where you will be able to see, hear, feel, etc. Thankfully I have been having someone take me to specific places they know exist. You will just have to fly as far as you can up after leaving the RTZ and once you cannot fly up any further fall down onto the first solid ground you can then walk forward. You will begin to see things for sure. When the projection is getting near ending and your connection to your subtle body from your physical body is starting to lose it's connection things will turn black, it will be difficult to move and talk, and you will know it's time to go. Typically if you try and move during that event you'll move your physical body and will instantly end the projection. Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll have some good experiences for sure.