Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 23-11-2011, 05:21 PM
sesheta

Personally I think it would be very cool to be immortal (one of my all-time favorite TV shows was Highlander, lol!) Yes, it would be hard to watch others around you die, but there are so many other things to life...so many things you could do, places to go, experience to gather....it would be fascinating, I would think....
As one condition, however: I now would only want to be immortal if my boyfriend could be immortal with me. I never used to care about being alone but, since meeting him, it's all changed: the thought of going through eternity without him is a torture I could not bear...so it's either both of us, or nothing :)
Old 23-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCarrier
I perhaps did not make myself clear, let me try again: I do not feel bad, sad, or any other negative feeling about or towards death. What I said was that I did not want to live forever, being immortal, because most people do fear death or have some other negative emotion towards it. Being immortal is what this thread is about, I simply stated that I would not want to live forever seeing my loved ones die over and over again, feeling the saddness they feel when life transitions.
I'm guessing if you regenerate your body, you could also attract loved ones who aren't sad about death.

Quote:
Perhaps you could explain what this means because I haven't the faintest.
WRT = with respect to.

Re: telomeres, I've been manipulating mine for 15 years and people generally guess my age to be around 12 years younger than I actually am.
The genesis of this practice comes from a product called Soften, a recording of a hypnotic induction by Richard Bandler, main creator of NLP.
Old 23-11-2011, 05:38 PM
Guide
Well Aquarian thank you for letting us know how to stop aging or how did you put it, manipulate our telomeres.

My age nor yours is the issue and regenerating my body is also not the issue. I find it laughable that you think regenerating my body would help me attract people who would not be saddened by death. Unless they are not human, maybe thats the trick; perhaps I should attract people who are not human at all. Because in my experience I have yet to find any humans that are not saddened by death. Even those who are of an enlightened state are saddened by the transition from one state to another. The fact that life, in this realm, will be difficult without that person is a reason for saddness to some extent.

I can see the allure of immortality and to some extent it would be a wonderful experience, but only if I could enjoy it with those I choose to call loved ones, otherwise it would be meaningless. But hey that is just me.
Old 23-11-2011, 06:05 PM
BlackWolf

Wow Yamah, that is very interesting!!!

I suppose I wouldn't mind being immortal but I would want my loved one to be immortal with me. I also like Highlander but I wouldn't want any enemys like Highlander had. The hardest part would be watching my children die so I would probably want my daughter to be immortal with me, if she so chooses. What wonderful place you could see and experiences you could, experience, lol.

If anyone has ever read the book Tuck Everlasting or seen the movie then you would know the way this family gained immortality was drinking from this "fountain of youth" which was actually a stream coming out and around this ancient tree. The boy in the book says he wishes he could grow old and die but he cannot. He tries to talk the girl out of drinking from the fountain but really, truly wants her to because this way he wont be alone. It is a very sad book but an excellent one. I recommend you guys read it, if you haven't already.
Old 23-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCarrier
Well Aquarian thank you for letting us know how to stop aging or how did you put it, manipulate our telomeres.

My age nor yours is the issue and regenerating my body is also not the issue. I find it laughable that you think regenerating my body would help me attract people who would not be saddened by death.
I do not think that and obviously went way over your head. Given your hostile attitude, I'm unsubscribing from this thread.
Old 24-11-2011, 12:32 AM
Aquatic_Dragon

Funny i was talking to a friend about immortality earlier.

In my views i believe that immortality is a curse.

No one truly wants to live forever, people may be afraid of death, but to live forever would mean that you would watch the suffering and death all around you.

Plus if everybody was immortal then that would be totally wrong, there's no life cycle in that since death has been taken out.

Personally i wouldn't want to live past the age of 100 even if i had a choice to live longer, plus i'm not ready to have lived my life yet and move on to the afterlife but i do want to reach that stage one day.

If they do make the possibility of humans being immortal one day, in my view, that will be totally wrong.
Old 24-11-2011, 03:00 AM
Coming2

From my understanding and dealings with other gifted people St. Germaine is indeed in spirit and not still living on this plane. I have met too many people who have worked with his energy and he is listed as an Ascended Master in almost everything out there...just my opinion and insight...by the way where did you get the info that St. Germaine was an immortal?? Interested to check it out myself!!
Old 24-11-2011, 03:58 AM
Ascender
Immortality is a problem seen in an evolutionary process. Something has to live so something has to die.

A human being can become immortal by evolving spiritual and becoming soul. Living a life on many different levels, and timelines. By doing this he/she acts not out from the now but out form an indefinitely time line (this can for many people be hard to comprehend).

When living a life where some of your actions are taken out form what happens after the body is crumbled to dust is hard to imagine. Immortality lies in living a life where you act and live in a timeless state. There is no beginning and there is no end. You don’t even concentrate on the “now” you are just living in a state of all (concerning time).

Almost every spiritual master takes great care of the body and tries to slow the decaying process. Spiritual Masters such as Count German and his student Count Cagliostro lived a life where they took great care of their body, only ate food that where prepared in a special way, and lived a life with stick rules concerning the body and the energy that travelled through it.

You can stop an ageing process but you can’t stop the day you have to leave the body to return to all, to be reborn. Great master just disappears they don’t die, they return to the natural order of all things.

Yours

A Peaceful Mind

Ps. If any should be interested I have a thread on food for the chakras.

Alessandro, Count di Cagliostro

http://www.themystica.com/mystica/ar...agliostro.html

The Count of Saint-Germain

http://www.themystica.com/mystica/ar...t_germain.html

Masters, Avatars and Disciples: An Index of Spiritual Teachers.

http://www.esoteric-philosophy.net/mast-av-disc.html
Old 28-11-2011, 03:11 AM
Master
Good information, Yamah.

Physical immortality is useful for some purposes... such as working on a spiritual project for longer than one's normal lifetime.

It can be done when one deeply recognizes that the material body is actually made up of energies - atoms, electrons, photons, etc. - and energy patterns can be changed through learning how and clear conscious intent.

Xan

Old 28-11-2011, 10:02 AM
mattie

St. Germain Lived For Est. 72 Years & Is Channeled From Nonphysicality

While St. Germain has gained legendary status as an immortal, he was born about 1712 & died 2/27/1784.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_of_St._Germain

There are many channelers who channel St. Germain as a nonphysical AM.