Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 05-09-2017, 06:08 PM
Master
I have been quieting my mind and doing silent meditation since the mid-1970's; it has been and continues to be a much welcomed blessing. I do a formal sit down meditation practice once daily and mini meditations during the day, i.e. while standing in the grocery checkout line, sitting on the toilet, walking meditation in deep silence, etc.

I do a non-mantra meditation, which at this stage I can pop into pretty quickly and effortlessly. I was taught meditation by an Indian Guru back in the 1970's who had a Hinduism orientation but he taught us not to latch on to any religion nor label our spiritual practice; including what name we may call our meditation practice. The presence of meditation has truly been an amazing grace for me.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:11 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer

Wish i could post the PDF on the site but the rules are against that.
amazing works. cannot express what that work has done for me.

I practice a few different methods. Including a few from Vijnana Bhairava Tantra, favorite being the very first one listed

Traditional forms and non traditional as reading, eating, sleeping, showering, walking and driving. The biggest being state of contemplation where I'm just blankly staring into nothingness.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:35 PM
Master
Back in the early 1970’s a lot of gurus and meditation teachers came primarily from Asia and India to Europe, America (North, Central, & South), Australia and elsewhere, to offer free meditation techniques to those willing, in most cases, to become that teachers devotee. This is what was going on in the U.S. all through the 1970’s.

Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh (Ohso) and Swami Sat Chit Ananda were among them, later came Chogyam Trumpa Rimpoche and Ram Dass, who was once a Harvard University Professor. Dr. Elizabeth Kubler-Ross began her studies on death and dying back in 1969 and developed her work during the 1970’s. Lots of current day spiritual teachers came into the public eye back then also, i.e. Deepak Chopra, Marianne Williamson, etc.

I am blessed to have lived in those times and received meditation techniques free of charge from a very knowledgeable and compassionate teacher, and to have been able to spend a lot of time in the physical presence of that teacher, he has since moved on, but what I think really enhanced by meditation experience were things like darshan. Lots of people who have received darshan do not talk about it, or feel it is too sacred to talk about. For those who do not know what darshan is, it is a deeper presence of the pure primordial removed from name and form.

It can not be described. It is transmitted from one who has advanced on the deepest of paths; opening to their deeper being, beyond emotions and thoughts, allowing that formlessness to come through and be felt by others. People and environments can be instantly transformed with darshan. This is a very poor description. I have received a lot of darshan and it is my experience that it also enhances your meditation experience. There was a lot of darshan being handed out all through the 1970’s in spite of the riots, war, and protests that were taking place during that time.

Meditating in a group with others who are mediating can also help to build your meditation experience. Early on I experimented to see what kind of beginner’s in meditation lifestyle would feel right for me; I found meditating just as I woke up from sleep, a nap, etc., very helpful; going into meditation before my mind kicked in. I also dabbled in pyramid energy and meditated in a large pyramid for a while which was built over my bed. A very interesting experience.

So remember, this is a journey not a goal, and your practice will change as your experience develops. Just don’t let your head talk you out of the most incredibly awesome awestruck experience which is deep within your heart; at the core of your own being far removed from the physical. I follow no religion but do drink from a lot of them. I try to blend the western alchemy of the Kabbalah with the ancient eastern practices of yoga and meditation.
Old 06-09-2017, 03:55 AM
Experiencer
I've been meditating for a long time with no particular structure or practice that I followed other than my own instinct and whatever idea I might run into along the way. I don't believe in following a particular religion, like I said, I'm just open to ideas.

Right now I have been meditating daily with my crystals and trying to clear my chakras. I'm still a bit confused with the how of this honestly...

So that has been my meditation but I will say it has made for some wild visions and experiences in my meditations. I think they've meant that I'm getting somewhere.?
Old 26-09-2017, 05:26 AM
Seeker

I meditates daily ..it's very helpful for human body...
because of meditation mind will relax
Old 27-09-2017, 02:35 AM
Newbie ;)

I don't meditate near as much as I used too. But doing it while fasting is amaaaazing
Old 24-10-2017, 05:53 PM
Master
me evn do it wen tvs on

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 22-11-2017, 11:49 PM
Newbie ;)

I do it helps me cleaning my mind and getting away of my fears and blockades...
Old 22-11-2017, 11:57 PM
Master
m 2 evn if tvs on or in my bedroom sul fall slepp doin it wish is a gud thng coz it clense my solllit duz
cryin in medta is clensin yore in slf evn mor it duz
i try 2 thng of thns i luv befr i strd i do lk
sea
trees
tranes
rivrs
laks
fountsn
motis
montisns
thng of my slf on a trane jormy goin 2 sum wear i need 2 be cud be aner contry iv bean 2 or 1 iv not bean 2 or a fic 1
iv evn tryd my own tecnis wen medtatin i hav wish im so relxt i ctn mov i cnt
im goin try thn mxt yr in cas i ned a op on my hnd i will

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 28-11-2017, 03:05 AM
Seeker

I pray as a form of meditation. Some structured, some not. There are different Types of prayer but many are a pairing of image/thought with words.

I like something called hitbodedut (self seclusion)