Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 26-05-2017, 07:11 AM
Seeker

Affirmations Don't Work For Me

Don't Waste Your Time Or Energy

It's Pointless...
Old 26-05-2017, 08:39 AM
Master
That's a very powerful affirmation. Sounds like it's working for you in your life, unfortunately.
Old 26-05-2017, 09:00 AM
Master
Because you're disconnected.
Old 26-05-2017, 09:03 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Because you're disconnected.

haha wouldn't that be nice... if you have any ideas let me know :)
Old 26-05-2017, 09:42 AM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected
It's Pointless...
Hello,I totally agree...
I am still waiting for Kylie Minogues hotpants...lol,hahaha.

Kind Regards Billy.

PS..With Kylie in them!
Old 26-05-2017, 10:29 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake
Hello,
I totally agree...
I am still waiting for Kylie Minogues hotpants...lol,hahaha.
Kind Regards Billy.
PS..With Kylie in them!

haha well you're allowed to dream buddy... just don't call it an affirmation :P

apparently the word affirmation was invented in the early 15th century and it's original meaning was - "assertion that something is true"... so yeah... i guess that explains itself
Old 26-05-2017, 11:30 AM
Master
Quote:
let me guess you believe in the law of attraction too ??

an affirmation is a man made invention... not truth !!
Not sure what the ?? and !! is all about, I was simply pointing out that you believe it's all pointless. And you also say things like "We're already in hell," and "Being spiritual is hogwash." Your attitude and beliefs appear to be working for you. And I say unfortunately because it doesn't sound like you're particularly happy in life.
Old 26-05-2017, 12:03 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Not sure what the ?? and !! is all about, I was simply pointing out that you believe it's all pointless. And you also say things like "We're already in hell," and "Being spiritual is hogwash." Your attitude and beliefs appear to be working for you. And I say unfortunately because it doesn't sound like you're particularly happy in life.

those are question marks and exclamation marks... punctuation of sorts

when you see the world for the lie that it really is... and i sincerely hope you never do... then you may begin to understand why i would use such words

attitude and beliefs have nothing to do with it... if i have false beliefs that we live in a utopia... that wouldn't change anything... i would simply be lying to myself and why would i want to do that? i could affirm that to myself over and over again but hey... i would just be wasting my time... affirmations are a hoax
Old 26-05-2017, 12:28 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

It's Pointless...

Welcome to Spiritual Forums.

My friend, what is "pointless" (and hilarious) is outright telling people in a forum category about Affirmations to not use them, when it is certain that almost 100% of the people who generally post in this category have a great interest in them, and also that your message is self-contradictory,

Because you just used an affirmation yourself; you affirmed something that you feel is true (to some degree), that being "Affirmations don't work, it's pointless."

An affirmation, at its root, is simply a statement of belief/conviction, or something that is wanted. People affirm all the time, whether one realizes it or not.

When someone says, "I love you," that is an affirmation. When someone simply thinks something to be true, or something that they desire, this is an affirmation." For example, when a person thinks or feels, "I would like a new car," that is an affirmation.

Affirmations work 100%, but not how you and many people assume they would or should work. They are really intended to give a person a feeling, and that is what thoughts do, we have feeling-responses to our thoughts, and thoughts are indeed energy.

Affirmations work by helping people focus their energy on what they desire. They set forces into motion. Thought, desire, belief and feeling are connected, are forms of energy.

Of course, taking physical action is a valid part of the manifestation process. However, most people do not realize that the act of thinking thoughts is also a subtle form of action. This is a scientific fact, that thinking thoughts is something that affects brain chemistry, as well as the entire body system.

You said:

Quote:
apparently the word affirmation was invented in the early 15th century and it's original meaning was - "assertion that something is true"... so yeah... i guess that explains itself

You're right, it explains itself, and it also explains what you essentially did yourself with your assertion that "Affirmations don't work," which is something that you asserted to be true, as well as your similar assertion, "It's pointless," which you also asserted to be true.

You're doing a fantastic job of proving how effective affirmations can be:

Your assumption that they "don't work" is giving you a perception, a world-view, that shows you "proof" that they "don't work."
Old 26-05-2017, 12:38 PM
Deactivated Account
Disconnected,

The real power of an affirmation is to give a person a feeling of well-being in the moment, and when used in this manner, this propels people to act and create in loving and highly beneficial ways.

Forget for a moment about "Law of Attraction" and imagine, if you will, the very practical basis for using an affirmation to empower oneself to do good in the world.

There is nothing wasteful about that.