Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 07-08-2017, 07:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Des39: But I am not sure that the concept of (some unknown) 'lessons to learn' is true. It is only a theory. Maybe I am here for learning some lessons, and maybe not.
consider: in your wholeness, there is (or would be) nothing 'missing'...
you would know, without doubt, the truth of things.
the process of learning in such a scenario is the means to restoring you to
wholeness.
if you have doubts, real or imagined, you'll naturally wish to have that
discomfort addressed -- through learning.

it's my personal belief/understanding that there is no "purpose" for life...
it does not satisfy something outside of itself; it doesn't answer some
question posed to it from someplace else.
[someplace else doesn't even exist.]
purposes come, and purposes go... life is eternal. people get to choose
what purposes they wish to advance and what experiences are worthwhile
to engage in. i figure that pursuing my 'highest joy' is the best investment
i can make with my time and energy.

[edit point for post 17: i'd meant "reverence" where i'd said "reference". lol.]
Old 07-08-2017, 07:37 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
consider: in your wholeness, there is (or would be) nothing 'missing'...
you would know, without doubt, the truth of things.
the process of learning in such a scenario is the means to restoring you to
wholeness.
if you have doubts, real or imagined, you'll naturally wish to have that
discomfort addressed -- through learning.
If you say it like this, then yes, I completely agree with this kind of 'learning'. But when someone says that there are lessons that you are here to learn and that you are here to transform your 'bad' to 'good', it implies some agent or God or Law or Authority external to (one's) life. And I don't believe in any of that. But sometimes it looks like this, as it seems like you don't have control over (all) things.
Old 08-08-2017, 05:32 AM
Master
a Course in Miracles spends some time talking about the framework for a
picture. people sometimes seem attracted to the idea of creating an elaborate
and detailed frame and then overlook the idea that it's the picture within the
frame that has the true value.
Old 10-08-2017, 06:04 PM
Knower

Dear Des39

It is not a theory, it is a treaty written by the spirits and organized by Allan Kardec!

Funny this work of 5 books has more than 150 years old and they are actual till today and for many many years! Mr Kardec wrote more than 1000 questions and send to several diferent places in several different countries.

Incredibly the answers received in most of them were exactly the same (in their respective native languages) when they were not exactly the same answers had the exact same meaning. In other words, same spirits answered the same questions in the same way, in order to give a universal control on communications!

Most important it was not one of us answering those questions, it was them in the other side!

The concept of lessons to learn are much broader than this short description. Widdining such concept you may include, reparations, pay your debts, heal your spiritual body, and lessons like if you were arrogant due to your social position during your last incarnation this time you will born in humble family with limited financial ressources and have arrogant bosses all your life for and example... Each of us with no exception has a reincarnatory plan, your spiritual guide will never tell you (they want you to succed by your own efforts), they will never help you cheat your tests and trials!

Good study!