Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 07-12-2016, 10:42 PM
Master
Here you go F-L. "The self"...

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it?

Jeremiah 17

Unless of course, regeneration occurs.
"You must be born again" -Jesus

If we say we have no sin we decieve ourselves, and the truth is not in us...

John

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 10-12-2016, 03:09 PM
Deactivated Account
Can someone explain the full meaning of the word "sin".
Old 10-12-2016, 03:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_SF
Can someone explain the full meaning of the word "sin".

figuring out what is right, and trying to do it, then figuring out what is wrong, and trying to not do it - that is the essence of sin.

IOW the only problem with good and evil is that you even think in those terms...

e.g. the only really evil thing is to think about good & evil and take it seriously.

As many have observed the rest is just maya.

but... if you were to somehow believe me and as a result try to get out of this mess you would try to use the same tool that you are trying to get away from and just call it a different name. So what is the point?

This is the big problem of God.
Old 16-12-2016, 06:58 AM
Ascender

Graham Hancock - The Demiurge, Archons, and the Light of Gnosis -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A6Kbf-ocWk

Published on 9 Nov 2015

Alone in silent eternal darkness, God divided himself into himself to escape the darkness and aloneness. Obsessed with love and light, God is alone in the dark.
Old 18-12-2016, 06:02 AM
Ascender

Another fascinating talk with Timothy Hogan -

A Gnostic World – Timothy Hogan

http://gnosticwarrior.com/timothy-hogan-2.html

"Timothy is a new Leader and Teacher in The Order of the Gnostics. He will be a regular guest on the podcast and a contributor to the teachings and lessons of the Order. Timothy comes from an extensive background of working in Gnosticism, Templarism, Freemasonry, Rosicrucianism, Martinism, and many other esoteric Orders and traditions. He is a world traveler who has lectured all over the world and has broken bread with many wise Brothers from different countries, orders, and religions.

Timothy is the author of several books such as Gnostic Reflections in Freemasonry, The Alchemical Keys to Masonic Ritual, The 32 Secret Paths of Solomon: A New Examination of the Qabbalah in Freemasonry, Novo Clavis Esoterika, Revelation of the Holy Grail, and The Way of the Templar.

In this podcast, he shares with us how Gnosticism and Gnostic thought are mentioned several times in the Scottish Rite degrees, and we can see it as a general theme in Freemasonry. He explains how many of the world's religions, various secret orders, mystery schools and teachings spawn from the ancient well of Gnosticism. An undercurrent of light that can be found in all lands and countries."
Old 18-12-2016, 07:08 AM
Master
I already know that the serpent in the Garden of Eden was Kundalini and that 'Adam' and 'Eve' are the dualistic principles of existence and the 'apple' was the fruit of esoteric knowledge...*yawn*

There we go, have it for free.
Old 18-12-2016, 09:47 AM
Suspended
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Here you go F-L. "The self"...

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it?

Jeremiah 17

Unless of course, regeneration occurs.
"You must be born again" -Jesus

If we say we have no sin we decieve ourselves, and the truth is not in us...

John

What if every thing in the bible is a deception to lead us away from the truth? Jesus said worship in spirit, and truth. He talk about Spirit of truth all the time, and I notice Spirit of truth likes sex, and even Jesus said the tax collector, and the prostitution will enter the kingdom of heaven first before the self righteous hypocrite pharisee, and when he hung out with the prostitution the pharisee was deeply offending it's the same as you seeing your own pastor going into a stripper club. It's true sex do bring you close to God if you are humble enough with humility, and yet we christian twisted it to be something horrible when it's a Godly thing, and if you do not understand then you're a self righteous hypocrite that follow the way of the pharisee.
Old 18-12-2016, 09:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
I already know that the serpent in the Garden of Eden was Kundalini and that 'Adam' and 'Eve' are the dualistic principles of existence and the 'apple' was the fruit of esoteric knowledge...*yawn*

There we go, have it for free.

Thanks for saying something, it helped me see something from an angle I hadn't before!

As far as what 'snakes' look like to me, there is a famous psychology thing that shows snakes in all their glory, unfortunately I don't remember exactly how it goes. I remember it is really a trip though.

But here is what the snake eve talked to looked like:

God says 'don't do that. you will die'.
Eve says 'ok don't do that, i will die'.
then eve does a double take and says
'wait a minute, if god says 'don't do that' does he mean' don't do that' or is he just trying to prevent us from doing something we might like for (fill in your favorite reason here) so we should do it after all?'

and that is the first twining of eve's snake...

I don't know if that relates to kundalini or not...
Old 18-12-2016, 11:02 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier
What if every thing in the bible is a deception to lead us away from the truth? Jesus said worship in spirit, and truth.

I joined SF for one reason only, to get some feedback concerning the Gospel of Mark. I'm studying his Gospel at Bible class at the moment, although there are no more sessions till after Christmas. The class meets once a fortnight, and it isn't enough. I want more. So this seemed like a good additional alternative.

My initial reaction to the Gospel of Mark was that the Good News gives us a simple guide to it's meaning. Or to put it this way, you can either have the Sermon on the Mount or the Crucifixion. The choice is therefore simple. Follow the Good News - Mark's Gospel is concise and to the point - just like newspaper headlines.

Jesus speaks straight from the heart. Don't be afraid to open you heart and listen.
You'll then know where deception lies.
Old 19-12-2016, 02:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
Thanks for saying something, it helped me see something from an angle I hadn't before!

As far as what 'snakes' look like to me, there is a famous psychology thing that shows snakes in all their glory, unfortunately I don't remember exactly how it goes. I remember it is really a trip though.

But here is what the snake eve talked to looked like:

God says 'don't do that. you will die'.
Eve says 'ok don't do that, i will die'.
then eve does a double take and says
'wait a minute, if god says 'don't do that' does he mean' don't do that' or is he just trying to prevent us from doing something we might like for (fill in your favorite reason here) so we should do it after all?'

and that is the first twining of eve's snake...

I don't know if that relates to kundalini or not...
Let's just say that we are all God...

Now at the beginning of mankind's creation, we were all spiritually aware beings, totally aware of our own divinity and relationship (if there was one) to the Source.

So, when Eve became aware of the creative energy within, when she discovered the 'force within' which had nothing to do with 'God', She told Adam about it.

More esoterically, Eve is the Shakti or eternal female force of creation and Shakti is another name for Kundalini meaning 'coiled serpent' with the 'tree' being the 'Tree of Life' in all Kabbalistic teachings.

The 'Tree of Life' is a beautiful map of the Chakras in the Etheric body...but anyway...

Eve is known as Shakti and resides in the lowest Chakra - Mooladhara.

Adam is the male consciousness or the 'Purusha' and is at the opposite end of the spectrum according to dualistic thought - just like male is to female...they are seen as 'opposite' because one cannot be the other (there were no transgenders back in those days)...

So Adam took up residence in the Sahasrara Chakra...in the area closest to 'Heaven' and closest to God.

Now, there's a bit of territory to travel between 'the earth' and 'close to God' so that Adam and Eve can join and become one as a couple and not just two souls doing 'God's will'....and you get where I am going with this...

The 'serpent' is the dormant energies laying at the base of the spine, ready to strike upwards like a cobra and consume the uppermost Chakra.

The apple of course, being the 'apple of knowledge' OF the whole process or of the consequence from it....why do you think school teachers are given apples?

...but anyway, God sorta went 'okay, if you want to do it 'the hard way' so be it. Here, have some 'free will' then and may all humans have it now, I shall be interested to see the outcome".

...and that's how it goes.