Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Numerology, Runes etc.

Old 02-08-2016, 07:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer
Chrysalis, I would be interested in your workshop. I'm just beginning with Runes as I bought a set of lovely Rose Quartz ones and a deck of Rune Cards.

Can you explain more on your casting cloth as I would be interested in making one of my own. The picture you have up does not show what the lines leading out mean.

Thank you for starting this up for us beginners, there is not a lot of help on the web for it and not many courses offered locally.

Please pm me when it goes up, thank you.

Your rune set seems lovely and I'd like to see a picture of them if you can.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 02-08-2016, 01:59 PM
Master

I would love to learn about Runes from you.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:02 PM
Master
These are the runes I'm familiar with which means they will be used for the work room.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7102016155330.jpg (14.5 KB, 16 views)

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Old 11-08-2016, 07:19 PM
Guide
Chrysalis, mine are different because since I use the Elder Futhark. I'm not sure about what my cards are. I will have to dig them out and see. I'll still follow along though.

What mean for the number 24 are you looking for regular or Angel number meaning?

I like the idea of felt since some cloths can be scratchy and it might cause rune damage overtime. I also was told when I bought my baby lodestones to put them in a red felt pouch that I made myself. So maybe you are onto something using felt. I never thought to ask why she told me this, I just did it. Duh. LOL
Old 11-08-2016, 07:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer
Chrysalis, mine are different because since I use the Elder Futhark. I'm not sure about what my cards are. I will have to dig them out and see. I'll still follow along though.

What mean for the number 24 are you looking for regular or Angel number meaning?

I like the idea of felt since some cloths can be scratchy and it might cause rune damage overtime. I also was told when I bought my baby lodestones to put them in a red felt pouch that I made myself. So maybe you are onto something using felt. I never thought to ask why she told me this, I just did it. Duh. LOL

Hello Sundancer.

I think the numbers would be for numerology, so the meaning from that perspective.

As for the runes, the method can be applied to your runes as long as we know which ones we're discussing. :)

When I chose felt, I wasn't thinking of damaging the runes over time. My main concern was colour and the thread unravelling so cotton was off my list.

A red pouch seems pretty. What meaning do you put to the colour red in regards to the pouch for your lodestones?

Old 13-08-2016, 01:54 PM
Guide
Chrysalis, the only numerology I have been introduced to is for personal information. Therefore I don't have a chart where I could tell you what the 24 meaning is to you. Since that would require personal information, it would be best for you to do this yourself. There is a site I use called decoz.com they have a free one and then you can pay to unlock more of the program. This is is the same program numerologists at psychic fairs use. At least at the ones I have attended so it proves that it is a good program. There are all kinds of info there as well on numerology. So you might get some info there to help you. Just remember to read for 2 and 4 and 6 because breaking everything down can sometimes give you more information.

Oh okay, I'll just have to remember to look up the book meanings and add any info. that differs so we can compare this as well. I have not had a chance to find my rune card decks to see if they are Nordic for again, information that might not be listed in yours.

As for the color red for a pouch the store didn't say nor did the instructions say what the meaning of it having to be red meant. Definitely something to look into though, colors. Because Tarot cards usually recommend black. And my runes said white for a casting cloth.
Old 13-08-2016, 05:42 PM
Master
Thanks Sundancer.

I'll have to look into those numbers when I have a chance.

Red is usually associated with an active energy. I have no pouch for my runes.

As for the casting cloth being white comes from history. I may or may not follow what others have done with their runes depending on what resonates with me. White can symbolise the spirit realm which is why I chose it for the runes.

What I say in this thread may or may not resonate with anyone reading this thread which is okay as the method is to get one thinking of the symbolism and how it all works together for a harmonious whole.

For those of you who don't have runes, you can make a little card. Just cut out a square from cardboard and draw a rune on it.

I'll be starting with UR soon.

Old 13-08-2016, 07:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
What I want to know is if you're interested in working with runes and what experiences you had with them.
Once i had a dream of opening a hard back book where the left page was a single green image or emerald tablet and the right hand page had text and titled 'Thoth'.

On this i created a webpage that shows all of Thoth runes in digital form similar to all numbers being constructed from a digital 8.

Oddly enough, all Thoth runes can be constructed from a 23 part digital template.

Here is the weird part that i want to know more about. 2^24-1 == 16^6-1

In other words, Thoth Runes can be given unique colours as 16^6-1 is the same as #ffffff which all programmers recognize as colour white.

As colour is a frequency ranging from Infra Red to Ultra Violet, then maybe Thoth's runes have a sound frequency as well.

If anyone is interested, the digital runes can be viewed at Thoth Runes
Old 14-08-2016, 04:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristran
Once i had a dream of opening a hard back book where the left page was a single green image or emerald tablet and the right hand page had text and titled 'Thoth'.

On this i created a webpage that shows all of Thoth runes in digital form similar to all numbers being constructed from a digital 8.

Oddly enough, all Thoth runes can be constructed from a 23 part digital template.

Here is the weird part that i want to know more about. 2^24-1 == 16^6-1

In other words, Thoth Runes can be given unique colours as 16^6-1 is the same as #ffffff which all programmers recognize as colour white.

As colour is a frequency ranging from Infra Red to Ultra Violet, then maybe Thoth's runes have a sound frequency as well.

If anyone is interested, the digital runes can be viewed at Thoth Runes

I haven't heard of the Thoth runes and is interesting they showed up in a dream. I read a translation of the emerald tablets of Thoth but that was years ago.

I hope you continue working with them.

Old 14-08-2016, 05:55 PM
Master
Preparation for the lessons.

The materials required for the workshop is a set of runes, a binder, paper and a pen.

First the runes. If you don't have a set you can write runes down individually on a little piece of paper so you end up with a set of runes on paper. This is fine for beginning working with them because at this point the goal is to get connected with them and gain personal experience. Later, if you wish, you can either craft your own set or buy one for casting on a cloth.

There is an extra rune which is blank. It has been called the Odin rune and is controversial. It's not used for writing but has been added for divination. We will meditate with this rune at the end of the set to discover if it is valid for divination.

The paper and pen is for writing your experiences with the runes and is the beginning of a rune journal. I use a binder as I can make a section for each rune and add pages. You may find yourself meditating again with the same rune and have a different experience than the first time you meditated with it. A journal builds up a wonderful personal reference that is unique to you and can help interpret runes when you read them on a cloth.

For meditating the following is what I mean. I found the best meditative technique is to hold a rune in your receiving hand (the one you do not write with) while meditating. Be sure to have a quiet area so that means no music, no chanting etc. Be sure to go within and keep a quiet mind, listen for an inner voice, pay attention to your chakras, etc. Hold the image of the rune in your mind then release it and wait for some kind of response which may be strong, weak or not there. That response is the beginning of your journal.

This is also the beginning of your journey with runes.