Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 19-03-2017, 10:45 AM
Pathfinder
Thinking about death is a very good thing. Everyone has to pass through it, yet everyone avoids thinking about it and what comes after. Death is an incredible opportunity and ancient civilizations spent their whole lives preparing themselves for death, so they may take full advantage of the opportunity.

Saturn makes a full swing in everyone's natal chart at around 28/29 years, so this may also play a big part in your thinking right now. Saturn is a harsh teacher, pulling away the veil of illusion and forcing us to see things as they are and look at things we tried to avoid. During this period, one also fully steps into adulthood and into your self, potentially leaving a lot of the conditioning and the influence of the expectations others have of you as a child behind. Set your intent how you want to define yourself during this stage, yet avoid boxes and labels.

The soul is eternal and the body is a dress. As one dress fades it is replaced with a new one. It is said in a vedic aphorism that death is like a cruel teacher to the materialist, but approaches with folded palms to one on the spiritual path. Another allegory is that death is like the jaws of a mother cat. A materialist experiences it like a mouse experiences the mouth of the cat, absolute terror, but one on the spiritual path experiences it like a kitten in the mouth of its mother, safe and protected. Same teeth, but relating to it completely different.

We are eternal spiritual beings made for love and possess an infinite capacity to love. Every moment is an opportunity to learn how to love.
Old 19-03-2017, 11:29 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuriko
I'm actually 28, so I have no real reason to expect death other than the fact that I've experienced it a few times through the older generation of my family. I think it might be more of a.. paranormal aspect going through my head. My grandmother visits me occasionally, but I don't think she has any reason to other than to just show up. Why? Why her and not my other deceased relatives? Will I be waiting on my husband on the other side for him to pass? Will he be waiting for me? Are my parents gonna be popping in and out of my life from the other side whenever they do pass? What if nothing even happens? Like.. I believe our souls go somewhere, but what if I'm wrong and it's just completely blank.. darkness? Eep. Why it's been on my mind lately, and out of no where really, is what's making me question it.

I think it's just questions like this. Afterlife kinda things, now that I think about it. Things like this just keep me up at night and it will sometimes make me feel uncomfortable. Then I stay up all night googling what others reactions were to seeing the spirit of their deceased relatives. My brain wanders too much.

You shouldn't over think, and definitely not feel uncomfortable.

Hopefully some replies have been comforting for you :)

Maybe you can try meditation if you haven't already, even 5 or 10 minutes to start off. Again you may experience a gush of thoughts in the beginning, but persistence is key in any endeavor. Carry on and soon you will be rewarded with a blissful serenity, and realise there is nothing to worry about as we are just light and love, temporarily having forgotten our true nature.

What better way to live than helping one another?
Old 20-03-2017, 12:32 PM
Suspended
Guide
Cool

Hello Nuriko,
You say your brain wanders too much,on a lighter note and a bit of levity never hurt anyone,when my brain wanders I pick it up and shove it back in,lol,
It fits straight in your earhole with a good shove,lol,please take that as it was meant mate,as a bit of a joke,designed to make you smile like the "cat who got the cream".

Kind Regards Billy.
Old 21-03-2017, 04:06 AM
Tedmil

I think most people experience certain times where they are fixated with death.
For me it was when I was 8 and later at 14 years old and both times came after a tragic death. I think it's just a way the mind processes the loss.
Old 21-03-2017, 05:01 PM
Master

This you tube video by William Bulman will answer a few questions .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3AxkbjNwts