Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 16-06-2017, 02:30 AM
Master
How old was Jesus during his public ministry?

…56 Your father Abraham was overjoyed to see My day. He saw it and was glad.” 57 Then theJews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and You have seen Abraham?” 58 “Truly, truly, I tell you,” Jesus declared, “before Abraham was born, I am!”… John 8:56-58

You wouldn't say "you are not yet 50" to a 30-33 year old, more likely to a 48-49 year old I think. Why is Jesus considered to be 30-33 during his public ministry?
Old 17-06-2017, 05:36 PM
Master
In Jewish society, one was not considered an adult until the age of 30.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 17-06-2017, 06:05 PM
Ascender
[quote=Django Why is Jesus considered to be 30-33 during his public ministry?[/QUOTE]

because that was the age he were, I'm not sure what exactly are you asking.
Old 20-06-2017, 07:51 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
In Jewish society, one was not considered an adult until the age of 30.

That's not accurate. While the age of 30 has certain significances, it being the age when a Levite could begin to serve in the Temple, and it being considered the age when one reached a certain level of maturity and as such being ready to be a leader, it was not the age when one was considered an adult.
Old 22-06-2017, 12:39 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
…56 Your father Abraham was overjoyed to see My day. He saw it and was glad.” 57 Then theJews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and You have seen Abraham?” 58 “Truly, truly, I tell you,” Jesus declared, “before Abraham was born, I am!”… John 8:56-58

You wouldn't say "you are not yet 50" to a 30-33 year old, more likely to a 48-49 year old I think. Why is Jesus considered to be 30-33 during his public ministry?

50 is known as the Grand Jubilee, or 7x7+1. When a person hits 50, it is said that the Grand Jubilee forgives all. You can check this in the book of Jubilees, where Adam lived to be 19, or 19x50. When Yahweh gave mankind 120 years in Genesis 6, he meant 120x50, or 6000 (6 days).

They were referring to this age of Jubilee as a generalization and marker of temple wisdom.