Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 13-01-2020, 03:46 PM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
I think I know what you were getting at.Good question,I can't really answer.

The reality is likely to be that none of us knows either! But by knocking the subject about we may be able to creep up a little closer to an answer that looks a real possibility once all the least likely suggestions have been eliminated.

The other reality is that it doesn't much matter if we do know but extrapolating that argument it doesn't much matter if we know about many other spiritual aspects either. But humankind is an enquiring and curious beast and without that attribute it wouldn't be where it is right now, be that good, bad or indifferent! So we continue to try to fathom the many mysteries of life, of death and then what follows.
Old 13-01-2020, 03:46 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
…..The soul.

No,not yet.
Old 13-01-2020, 03:49 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadville
The reality is likely to be that none of us knows either! But by knocking the subject about we may be able to creep up a little closer to an answer that looks a real possibility once all the least likely suggestions have been eliminated.

The other reality is that it doesn't matter if we understand but extrapolating that argument it doesn't much matter if we understand many other spiritual aspects either. But humankind is an enquiring and curious beast and without that attribute it wouldn't be where it is right now, be that good, bad or indifferent!

I Agree,I've taxed my mind too much,I'm going to make a cup of tea take care bye.
Old 13-01-2020, 03:53 PM
leadville

Quote:
…..The soul.

So you think there's a soul in the liquid?
Old 13-01-2020, 03:55 PM
leadville

Quote:
I Agree,I've taxed my mind too much,I'm going to make a cup of tea take care bye.

Oh I've just had my morning cuppa! And nowadays this 'stuff' what my mind thrives on.... I've come to terms with most of the less-demanding stuff.
Old 13-01-2020, 03:59 PM
leadville

Quote:
Dunno,beat's me but I should imagine sperm has genes that are programmed for just that reason to fertilise the females egg(with its own genes once fertilization has taken place genes merge and hey presto,you have a new life forming.(Just a thought).

All the biology stuff is pretty much understood to some degree but what I'm asking is a question that on a larger scale we already have a modicum of spiritual guidance about - what makes us alive?

It's that similar question about sperm - what keeps 'em alive rather than just functioning chemically/biologically?
Old 13-01-2020, 04:12 PM
Master
Quote:
So you think there's a soul in the liquid?

Until this thread I'd not thought about this question. So I'm just throwing out ideas atm

Wonder how long the sperm can last without any fluid around it.

Any ideas on the frozen sperm question anyone?
Old 13-01-2020, 04:14 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
All the biology stuff is pretty much understood to some degree but what I'm asking is a question that on a larger scale we already have a modicum of spiritual guidance about - what makes us alive?

It's that similar question about sperm - what keeps 'em alive rather than just functioning chemically/biologically?

Consciousness keeps us alive,our soul.Once the sperm has done its job,all the thousands of others die.Could you say sperm has consciousness? I don't know.
Old 13-01-2020, 04:21 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
Until this thread I'd not thought about this question. So I'm just throwing out ideas atm

Wonder how long the sperm can last without any fluid around it.

Any ideas on the frozen sperm question anyone?

The fluid is there to make the sperms job easier,something to
swim in and probably norish it on it's way,I don't think it'd survive otherwise.Like you I hadn't thought of this before.It certainly isn't human as frozen sperm can be thawed to fertilise an egg,but you try freezing a human then trying to bring him/her back to life.
Old 13-01-2020, 04:49 PM
Master
Quote:
The fluid is there to make the sperms job easier,something to
swim in and probably norish it on it's way,I don't think it'd survive otherwise.Like you I hadn't thought of this before.It certainly isn't human as frozen sperm can be thawed to fertilise an egg,but you try freezing a human then trying to bring him/her back to life.

Yes, so maybe the "magic" is in the fluid

That's a good point about the frozen human issue