Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 10-07-2016, 03:46 PM
Seeker

Got to add Colloidal Silver- Amazing for all kinds of things internally and external. I purchased a generator to make my own. I have had other generators in the past but purchased one from Silver Lungs and I am more than pleased with the amazing quality of the colloidal silver. Well worth the extra money.
Old 26-10-2016, 07:31 PM
Experiencer

Good tips. Thank you:)
Old 31-10-2016, 02:18 PM
Knower

Mine is Aloe Vera
Old 16-11-2016, 12:01 PM
Master
One I just discovered - natural eucalyptus oil drops - no menthol.

It's so nice for my stress and anxiety to pop about 3-4 in my mouth (usually when I need to be quiet). lol

There's something about natural Eucalyptus oil that has a soothing effect on my whole nervous system when I ingest it.

No wonder koala bears like it.
Old 16-11-2016, 12:34 PM
Master
Here's my 'top 10' - in no particular order:

(1) Eucalyptus oil - medicinal grade for ingesting (in the form of candy jubes) and hospital grade for disinfection of home. Good wood polisher and insect repellent - it has many uses. It works wonders relieving my mild anxiety attacks when I eat the candy.

(2) Natural Organic Licorice - Full of natural corticols and steroids, trace minerals and is an excellent laxative - and it tastes great.

(3) Ginger - Anything from travel sickness and nausea to coughs ans colds, natural antiseptic, antiemetic, antibiotic - it's like a medicine kit in a tuber.

(4) Dark Chocolate - full of antioxidants and bromides - I also like dark chocolate covered ginger and dark chocolate covered licorice - I mean if you're gonna do it, right? lol

(5) Kava Kava - made from the root of the pepper plant - also works in relieving my anxiety and putting me in a good mood. It's a natural substitute for valium.

(6) Brahmi - for mental alertness and function. It is helping me to rebuild and restore my memory...one of the 'longevity herbs'.

(7) Chillies (or Chili) - For production of seratonin, dopamine and other neurotransmitters through the irritant capsaicin. It's also a natural antibiotic and aids digestion . Chillies are a good nervous system tonic if you can handle the heat.

(8) Fenugreek seeds and sprouts - Once you get past the bitterness, they make for a good liver and blood tonic - very high in trace minerals.

(9) dragonfruit - High in antioxidants, vitamin C and minerals. I love these!

(10) Okra - The mucilage aids digestion and helps re-build cell walls. Besides, who doesn't like gumbo?
Old 10-12-2016, 01:33 AM
Experiencer

1: Peppermint. All mints have so many uses, and I think a Mentha species can be found almost everywhere in the world. Even just smelling it works wonders. If I feel nauseous, dizzy, or headachy, I pop the cork off my vial of mint oil and take a good long whiff. It perks me up instantly. I also make an antiseptic from aloe juice, grain alcohol, and mint oil to clean my hands before treating any wounds. The menthol smells "professional", which helps to reassure people of my competence. Oh and I use mint oil in my homemade toothpaste.

2: Cinnamon. I've always felt it was the opposite of mint. Warm and exotic, mint is cool and common, both are antiseptic and wonderfully aromatic. I use cinnamon oil in homemade toothpaste too; my sweetheart doesn't care for it, so the mint toothpaste is for him. Both cinnamon and ginger apparently tone the bladder, so I drink cinnamon/ginger tea to prevent tinkling when I have the occasional potty-dream. Chewing on cinnamon sticks is also a tasty healthy way to maintain oral health and redirect an oral fixation.

3: Ginger. As I mentioned, the tea can help with an overactive bladder. And it's an emmenagogue and digestive tonic. Like cinnamon, I chew on ginger root to keep teeth clean and break my nail-biting habit.

4: Clove. The essential oil can contains 75% eugenol, a natural topical analgesic. My wound ointment contains clove oil, ginger oil, mint oil, and a few others. Works like a charm. I gave some clove oil to a friend for a toothache yesterday; he's on his last two teeth, and I could feel my teeth hurting just being near him. It was really strange and annoying. The clove oil temporarily soothed him, but he still just wants me or my boyfriend to knock his tooth out because the pain will be back. Sorry I'm not FDA qualified haha. I also chew on these, and have a vivid past life memory(?) of doing so.

5: Coconut Oil. I don't think I need to explain how awesome this stuff is. The moisturizing, antioxidant, and antiseptic properties are well know. And it smells like a tropical paradise!

6: Cocoa Butter. Similar properties as coconut oil, also has a lovely aroma, but I'm not so sure it has any antiseptic value. I use it to make edible crayons though. And it forms the base of my wound ointment along with beeswax, coconut oil, hemp seed oil, and sunflower or pumpkin seed oil.

7: Aloe Vera. Another amazing plant that needs no introduction, although I rarely use it on its own. The juice gets added to my homemade ointment and hand sanitizer, since it doesn't have the best shelf life on its own. The living plants also help clean the air.

8: Raw Honey. Haha I think I'm just listing basic household staples now. Along with general sweetening, I make a rehydrating electrolyte beverage with water, honey, molasses, and sea salt. I also dry honey into powder for travelling.

9: Bentonite Clay. Or as I like to call it, "oh yeah, Arkansas has a volcano" clay. I use it as a face mask twice a week. Also good for absorbing gunk from bug bites and stings, and people have used it to successfully treat venomous snakebites. A little bit mixed in honey also curbs the acidity.

9: Apple Cider Vinegar. Another classic. Great for making certain pickles, marinades, sauces, and salad dressings. I use an herb-infused vinegar to rinse the clay off my face when available. Alas, a glass bottle of vinegar is less suited for backpacking than a tin full of clay is.
Trigger Warning: I am neither FDA Approved nor USDA Certified. Certain subject matter is prohibited by federal law; I'm a good girl, so please don't publicly discuss such things with me. Privately message me if you'd like to ask personal questions.

My advice may contain words known in the state of California to offend people. Attempt any activities I discuss at your own risk. I ask odd questions and give answers you won't want to hear. Come to me as a last resort.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:04 AM
Master
My favorite lately is coconut oil. My feet and lower legs are swelling and have irritations on my shins. The irritation/pain goes away the same day. I dab some on my lips and around my eyes if I'm not wearing make-up. I pre-treat my hair with it - 30 mins or whatever before I wash my hair.

Old 10-12-2016, 08:44 PM
Guide

Castor Oil for Burns is number ONE~!

Castor Oil PACKS (heated) for Digestive issues is Number ONE ~!

Slippery Elm Bark powder for constipation ~

Slippery Elm Bark Powder for cuts ~

Goldenseal for viruses is number ONE ~

Aloe for Radiation ..... best Sun Burn treatment ..... and Castor Oil is nearly TIED ~

Aloe also for digestion , just the GEL of a fresh leaf ....not the leaf itself ~

Horny Goat Weed for low testosterone ~ replenishes without the side effect of a heart attack ~

Bilberry for the eyes~

Kratom for pain ~ (Red)

Boswellia Extract for joints ~

oh so many ......

Best is whatever is most needed in the MOMENT ~
Old 11-12-2016, 03:22 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
My favorite lately is coconut oil. My feet and lower legs are swelling and have irritations on my shins. The irritation/pain goes away the same day. I dab some on my lips and around my eyes if I'm not wearing make-up. I pre-treat my hair with it - 30 mins or whatever before I wash my hair.

Fantastic for hair. Coconut anything. However, it causes me to break out So I don't use it anymore. Goes great with asparagus though : D

Not much new here, using same old stuff, vitamin E liquid for under eyes, skin areas. Aloe plant for face as well, which gives me a very healthy glow.

I also found Garlic and Ginger root soup always makes my skin glow too, when I have had enough servings.

I am always open to new ideas.
Old 16-11-2017, 12:56 AM
Deactivated Account

I wrote this almost two years ago. I had really bad acne when I wrote this thread, acne is not a problem anymore. The cause was due to a prescribed meditation I was taking. Also, I realized like Olive Oil, Coconut oil in the US may be refined and filled with other junk. Article May explain why the oil was always causing break outs in my earlier comments. .

I still stand firm that liquid Vitamin E still works really well on my face. It never causes break outs. Never mind expensive high end creams at the store,a simple bottle of E from your local pharmacy may do wonders, and it looks great under make up if your not the breakout type.

Another natural remedy is Ginger root. I needed to something to heal my body naturally after I got off that medication, and I made a lot of ginger root type soups, and it did really well temporary healing bone aches and pain when I was going through withdraws ( this was last year). I learned to love the taste of Ginger root and it goes really well in food. Lol.

God Bless Ginger Root