Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 14-12-2018, 01:01 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
That is nice advice to the extremely lucky people who get full blown spirituality out of nowhere for no ''apparent'' reason. For many people however it takes practice and working towards goals. I don't believe it's right to suggest that we shouldn't have any goals. It's spoken from a different perspective and from a practical perspective it's just not much to go by. 99% of people aren't self realized souls or anything.

I am not sure what "full blown spirituality" means, but there are those who might say that all souls already have everything they need within, it is more a matter of realizing it. Life itself is a process of realizing things. Everything we experience in life, even the forms, are made real by the soul, out of nowhere and nothing. But the forms themselves are not the point, they are only the dancers, what they show us is in the dance, what they show us is what we already have within. Yet many are too busy getting on with the serious work of becoming spiritual. Who has time to watch a bunch of dancers jumping around like silly monkeys. Not to worry though, the quest for spirituality as it turns out, is just another kind of dance. We are all dancers, whether we know it or not.
Old 14-12-2018, 10:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
I am not sure what "full blown spirituality" means, but there are those who might say that all souls already have everything they need within, it is more a matter of realizing it. Life itself is a process of realizing things.
Ketzer I understand you.
It's just that those ''Don't have goals, you already are'' comments can get on my nerves a bit.. but it's a matter of semantics. Late 2000s I had amazing experiences and it made me over-confident and complacent. This was a BIG mistake. Our spiritual road continues on, doesn't end unless one would be ''enlightened'', until then we continue gathering and burning karma and try to increase connection to 'God'. Naturally the mind will create 'goals' and 'purpose' and along the path this is useful. We've been granted a mind and it needs direction.
Old 15-12-2018, 12:31 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Ketzer I understand you.
It's just that those ''Don't have goals, you already are'' comments can get on my nerves a bit.. but it's a matter of semantics. Late 2000s I had amazing experiences and it made me over-confident and complacent. This was a BIG mistake. Our spiritual road continues on, doesn't end unless one would be ''enlightened'', until then we continue gathering and burning karma and try to increase connection to 'God'. Naturally the mind will create 'goals' and 'purpose' and along the path this is useful. We've been granted a mind and it needs direction.

Yes, well that is quite understandable. It is like telling someone not to think of an elephant. The human experience seems to have desires and goals baked into it. And hearing that everything you need to be, you already are, is no comfort to those who do not see it (myself, and perhaps all human beings, included). We can desire to have no desire, and set a goal to have no goal, but we only fool and fight with ourselves. Yet, to seek something we must know what it is we are looking for, and believe that what we are looking for exists. If we believe what we are looking for is far off, then we may only look to the horizon, and miss that which is at our feet, or even all around us.

I suppose I will continue to desire for things I do not have, and make goals and strive to reach them, as that is my human nature. But along the journey, I think I should also strive to notice that which is going by, as it may have more to give then the attainment of any far distant theoretical goal. It may have more to teach me about myself then I realize. Maybe the real value in the goal is that it gets me motivated to make the journey in the first place. Perhaps the experience of life itself is the treasure, just laid out along the path, like a trail of bread crumbs at our feet, instead of in a pot at the end of a rainbow.

Journeys are funny things, we fool ourselves into believing we are going through someplace "out there", yet we know that the only place we can ever be is within ourselves. No matter how far we travel, that is the only place we will ever be. The only place we can seek to find something is within ourselves.

Last edited by ketzer : 15-12-2018 at 10:59 AM.
Old 16-12-2018, 12:29 PM
Seeker

On the other side, we desire pain. That's something that motivates us to come down for another life time.
Old 16-12-2018, 01:06 PM
Deactivated Account
Perhaps to a degree our subconscious desires pain and suffering in order to grow. But when we learned enough I'm pretty sure no one desires negativity of any kind.
Old 16-12-2018, 04:13 PM
Master

I think in terms of the self, there is a natural state of balance and every self maintains. Not sure if it's encoded but it does feel innate. It also feels known. It certainly appears cognitive since I know if I am. Each self desires to feel happiness and pleasure and our basic nature. Iow it is not a new feeling of experience. Every self moves to achieve (return to) this natural state of balance. For instance, I know how I feel when I'm unhappy I'm aware I am and work to again achieve balance. So we don't desire to feel pain if self always gravitates back to balance or always moves away. One of the things I am aware of is happiness and even its opposite is cause and effect based and can be associated to (outside) sources. I think this is a matter of awareness.
Old 26-12-2018, 11:02 AM
Deactivated Account
Absolutely. Some people are pathological, associating pain with nurturing because of a parents abuse. Many codependent relationships are based on the give and take of pain. Many artists are self destructive chasing it like a drug. With the right perception one can see beauty in pain. Pain can also be joyful when it's experienced within the healing process. Without the bitter the sweet wouldn't be as sweet. Best put by Joseph Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabrianne
in the same way that we desire to feel happiness and pleasure
do we desire to feel pain?

thoughts?