Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 14-06-2011, 01:24 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie

Persuading people to not seek any contact w/ nonphysical beings likely halts significant spiritual progress. Adding in the element of fear insures that one will remain at a fairly low frequency for as long as one buys into the fear.

I totally agree here :)
Old 14-06-2011, 01:36 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLisa
Ok then, what does HOLY mean?

You're going to have to learn that on your own. Hint: it's definition is NOT just what's in the Bible. It's far beyond it.
Old 14-06-2011, 01:36 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
I’m not really concerned what is said about this in any writing. It’s OK. We have the ability to vet who we interact w/ nonphysically.

Vetting Nonphysical Entities- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d=1#post156097

It is likely that organized religion discouraged others to make contact w/ nonphysical beings as part of their objective of keeping the people reliant on the religion’s leaders to make this connection. Also a nifty way to try to discourage us from contacting our other aspects such as HS.

We’ve now learned we can make these connection quite nicely w/o an intermediary.

Serious Christian religious scholars who are proponents of their religion stopped taking the Bible literally decades ago as they researched it, finding MANY instances where it doesn’t hold up as factual. Former Episcopalian Bishop John Shelby Spong (Also a proponent of Christianity.) writes eloquently about the problems Christianity has brought on itself by insisting that the Bible is a historical document instead of presenting it as allegorical teachings.

+1. Agreed.
Old 14-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triner
Hmm, you really think it's power is to appeal to the heart? I've always thought the heart represented love. And I think that the Bible has always pandered to fear and guilt, not love.
Because God loves us he tells us the truth about ourselves. The truth is that we are all guilty of violating God's standards. He offers a way of forgiveness but before we can't be forgiven until we recognize and acknowledge our guilt. Since God is holy and his holiness requires that he punish sin, the first reaction to the realization of our sinfulness will naturally be fear. But if we acknowledge our guilt and admit that we have good reason to fear God, then we are ready to receive the gift of forgiveness that God offers through Jesus Christ. But if we simply reject the Bible's message because we don't like to experience guilt and fear we will also cut ourselves off from God's love and forgiveness.
Old 14-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
Because God loves us he tells us the truth about ourselves. The truth is that we are all guilty of violating God's standards. He offers a way of forgiveness but before we can't be forgiven until we recognize and acknowledge our guilt. Since God is holy and his holiness requires that he punish sin, the first reaction to the realization of our sinfulness will naturally be fear. But if we acknowledge our guilt and admit that we have good reason to fear God, then we are ready to receive the gift of forgiveness that God offers through Jesus Christ. But if we simply reject the Bible's message because we don't like to experience guilt and fear we will also cut ourselves off from God's love and forgiveness.

I disagree completely. There is absolutely no reason to fear That which loves us completely. None. Zero. Zilch. It's all about Love, not guilt, not sin, not fear. Love. All of those "standards" of God's put forth are just there to manipulate people. Love is it.

You want to live in guilt, sin, and fear, have at it. It's your life. Just stop trying to pull others into your pit.
Old 14-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Love is it.
God is also light and when we are exposed to light we become aware of things we couldn't see before. Here is the experience of a prophet of God who was given a vision of God.
In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one called to another and said: “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!”

And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke.And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!"
Isaiah 6:1-5 ESV

This was a prophet who was already serving him and yet when he saw God's glory he also saw himself as a sinner. This is what all of us would experience if we could see God in the same way we did.

Quote:
You want to live in guilt, sin, and fear, have at it. It's your life. Just stop trying to pull others into your pit.
All of us are by nature in a state of sin and guilt and if we don't also experience fear it is only because we don't understand our condition. I am not trying to pull you into a pit. I am trying to show you that you are already in one and that God has provided a way for you to escape from it.
Old 14-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
I disagree completely. There is absolutely no reason to fear That which loves us completely. None. Zero. Zilch. It's all about Love, not guilt, not sin, not fear. Love. All of those "standards" of God's put forth are just there to manipulate people. Love is it.

First of all, I would like to say this about Triner; I love this son of a gun

I very much enjoyed and agree with what you have written on this thread. Thank you for the inspiring words.

The next thing I would like to do is address our friends Lisa and Theo. And I would ask them this; are you aware that there is a book contained within the dead sea scrolls that calls St. Paul a heritic? I believe it is a book said to be authored by James who said that Peter caledl St. Paul the apostle of the lie and warned the churches about him.

Religious leaders are fighting tooth and nail to have this book buried in a vault somewhere and never released to the public. The leaders of Christinaity are very worried about this book.... why? If it were a lie or just some fanciful tale of some random man, why the rush to keep this book out of the public eye?

And if this book be based on fact; what does that say about the religion that has told us that the Bible is God's infallible world? Could it really be God's word if it contains books written by a man who was a liar and a heritic?

I don't question the spirit of Christ or the Divine Creator... But I question the hell out of the religions that hand us down "what God said and what God teaches."

-Finis-
Old 14-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Ascender
Quote:
God is also light and when we are exposed to light we become aware of things we couldn't see before.
<snip>
This was a prophet who was already serving him and yet when he saw God's glory he also saw himself as a sinner. This is what all of us would experience if we could see God in the same way we did.

No, not all of us. Only those that are fed the "You're a sinner and should feel guilty" line.

Others would recognize that we've got a ways to go before we truly become the Christ that's inside each of us. But it is there. Seeing God is joyous and wonderful... Look at the person nearest you and try to see that wonderful spark of God that's in that person, that Beauty, that Love, that Light. It's in everything. When you can finally do that, every day can become a joyous moment of seeing God.

Quote:
All of us are by nature in a state of sin and guilt and if we don't also experience fear it is only because we don't understand our condition. I am not trying to pull you into a pit. I am trying to show you that you are already in one and that God has provided a way for you to escape from it.

No we're not. YOU ARE. And you're trying to pull others into that same sin and guilt you feel. Like many others, I've already escaped from it. I see God's Love everywhere and in everything. It's wonderful. I'm sorry that you can't. You don't know what you're missing.
Old 14-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye
First of all, I would like to say this about Triner; I love this son of a gun

I very much enjoyed and agree with what you have written on this thread. Thank you for the inspiring words.

I love you too! and you're welcome!

It's just that's what I think Christianity, and for that matter, all Spirituality, is all about. It's simple. It's beautiful. It's joyous. It's fun. It's Love.
Old 14-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Master
Quote:

I disagree with this... And it has nothing to do with accepting. It has to do with man making everyone feel they are unworthy. That they are guilty and don't deserve God's love. It's these thoughts and ideals that move people away from God, and from experiencing God's love because they are told they do not deserve it in their life. When in reality all they have to do is realize it's already there for them. The only thing that blocks them from experiencing this love is themselves. Once they let go of their own blocks they will feel and experience this love for themselves instead of living in fear, guilt, and being ashamed of themselves.