Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Time Travel

Old 05-06-2017, 09:15 PM
Newbie ;)

Time Travel is Possible

I find it amazing that people on youtube find videos to upload on the topic of time travel. Someone from 2026 said that there is an extreme overpopulation of people in the future, that there is a coin from 2067 that someone took a picture of, and that there might be 9.99 dollars per gallon of gas in the future.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:11 PM
Seeker

my issue with time travel is, where are you goanna go to? there is only the now, yesterday and the times before are already done , and the future has not happened yet. its like saying that every second and every time from the past and the future is just sitting there waiting to go to.
Old 06-06-2017, 02:35 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzer
my issue with time travel is, where are you goanna go to? there is only the now, yesterday and the times before are already done , and the future has not happened yet. its like saying that every second and every time from the past and the future is just sitting there waiting to go to.

just out of curiosity, how do you know that isn't true? And moreover how do you know you can't also go 'sideways' and visit timelines where some different stuff happened?
Old 06-06-2017, 11:49 PM
Seeker

really its just my opinion , I don't think anyone knows right now. it could be possible but to me seems unlikely.
Old 09-06-2017, 04:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by razzer
it could be possible but to me seems unlikely.
A common sense response, nice. There are been over 200 documented cases of people claiming to be God in the past several decades. And none proven. And while on that topic, centuries of people claiming God exists, and yet no one has ever proved it. See the pattern? When people on YouTube (lol) can provide proof they're posting from 2026, that would be the time to call it a possibility, and not before. And not because it's not possible, but because that's just common sense.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:14 PM
Experiencer
That point of view is just from what we know now. Ok, 1 gallon is 9.99, but it doesn't say that mainly is used only electricity and it is 0.0002 dollar per unit.
So that kind of predictions i don't buy.

Im sure that future exist but to some degree, from my experience i could predict 3 weeks exactly as it happens but no more.

When you predict something, can you stand behind it or it is something you say becouse you believe it is so?

I know there is not so many time travellers as they want it to be.

But it is possible.
Old 14-06-2017, 10:03 AM
Seeker
Quite an interesting topic. But what I'm more concerning is what will happen if we go back in time. I mean will it leave some sort of distortion or unpredictable change in the present and the future?
Let's take the Butterfly effect as example, basically it means with different choice, various results will open and we can't know for sure how things will change. And so if we change something in the past, isn't it going to drastically change the entire timeline?
Old 14-06-2017, 01:33 PM
Master
I think time travel is possible though I can't vouch for those Youtube videos. I once read a book about an American young woman who was a medical doctor and blind was hit by a bus in 2003 and she died. She said she was met by a man on a white horse who asked her where she wanted to go and she said she wanted to live.
She was then taken to village and a house where there was a woman dead and her family was crying for her. She was asked if she wanted to become her and she agreed so that the family would stop crying. She was told she will keep all her memories for a year and after that she would choose again if she still want to remain in that life or not.
She agreed and was immideately taken inside that woman and she woke up and everyone was amazed. When she looked around she realized she had woken up in a past era and when she asked what year it was she was told 1823.

This is a story that I think it is illustrating what can happen.
Old 14-06-2017, 08:15 PM
Guide
Oh yes! Time travel is possible and here is the proof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7q_zygRlb8

On a slightly more serious note I believe the following is the closest we currently know scientifically about time travel, where rather than actually travelling through time:

1) The first is about wormholes that have been scientifically proven to exist. The problem is that they are far to small to utilise. Even if they were large enough, the difficulty with time travel into the past is that it will most likely create a paradox so is physically impossible.

2) The second it to travel faster than the speed of light. Unfortunately the laws of physics as we know them prevent protons travelling faster than the speed of light due to the infinite amount of energy required.

3) All isn't quite lost though, as the closer we travel to the speed of light the more relative time slows down. So theoretically someone approaching the speed of light will not experience time slowing but relative to someone of the same age on earth they will age at a slower rate. Consequently after a significant time travelling near the speed of light if the two sets of people meet up there will be a significant discrepancy between them regarding the aging process. Now all we need to try this out is a get a spaceship to travel that fast...

The joys of Google- and Stephen Hawking :)

EDIT: The other is to steal a TARDIS! After all, that's exactly what The Doctor did!

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking

Last edited by Ghost_Rider_1970 : 14-06-2017 at 11:19 PM.
Old 18-06-2017, 12:00 AM
Guide
It scares me to think where technology will be in 300 years. We'll be flying ufo's at light speed, teleporting around earth, im sure we'll be visiting ourselves in the past