Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 14-10-2015, 11:35 PM
Experiencer

Twitchy LCD panels.

I very rarely lucid dream and when I do it doesn't feel detailed, but a couple of hours ago I went to bed very very tired. The next thing I have in memory is waking up tired, but when I tried to look at my alarm clock it was almost all black with a slight hint of red showing unclear numbers. I made it out to be 7 in the morning, so I started to freak out because I was supposed to be at work at that time. I tried checking my phone to confirm what time it is and now things got really weird, that pattern unlock just didn't fit right on my screen. Swiping the right dots was difficult, but I managed to unlock my phone and that didn't help much since the LCD panel was extremely dimmed anyways.

Up to that point I didn't know it was a dream, no part of me reacted to the thousand things that just didn't match up with how I know it to be. Somehow my bedroom wall was gone looking into the living room, my cousin was sitting on her phone. I asked her if she had trouble with the display and she did, still I was unaware of it all being a dream. It only occurred to me when I looked back on my phone and it became larger than a tablet, it was too ridicoulous to be true. At that moment I realized I was dreaming, and I quickly lost control. I got thrown into a nightmare.

I can't remember the details of the nightmare, I mostly just remember the raw emotions. While it was going on I reminded myself that it was a dream, it's happening in my mind and because of that I have absolute control over it. I concentrated my will to take me away from that dark scary place, didn't know where to, but I ended up in something looking like a museum. Nobody was there, just me, but in contrast to the nightmare it was very very silent. I had to maintain focus to keep control of my dream, but not focus too much because I didn't want to risk waking up. Eventually I did the classic of trying to fly, but that isn't as easy as it sounds despite being in a dream.

I was flying up to the ceiling of the museum, then I noticed my focus starting to drift and I went right down. That little shock was enough to make scary things happen again, I found a hallway in the museum with a door in the end and an office to the left along the hallway. As I looked down the hallway the door at the end was open, I started walking towards it. The hallway was pretty narrow, only just above one person wide and it was quite long. I walked halfway towards the end, just past the office. Then some dogs walked past the door opening, then a lion and that scared me senseless. I ran into the office, closed the door and started thinking about what to do now. At this point I had lost control of my dream. The office door had a glass window, a couple of dogs and the lion passed it. They went into the museum, while they were there I planned on closing the hallway door if they returned, they eventually did and I locked the door to whatever place spawns dogs and lions, lol.

Then I realized again that I could just simply go have whatever dream I wanted, but I don't know what I want so I get freaky stuff all the time. This dream was much more vivid than any other lucid dream I've had, I even remember thinking to myself in the dream how extremely real and detailed it was. It felt like reality. That was kinda scary as well though, I at one point tried waking up because I knew I was in a dream and I thought I might actually be oversleeping for work in reality. I couldn't make myself wake up, eventually I gave up and concluded that at least this lucid dream was very stable. Another scary thing about this dream was it showed me how ridicoulously powerful the mind can be in creating an entire environment in an instant from almost nothing.

There's a lot more to this dream, it felt like an entire day. I don't remember it all though, and what more I do remember isn't really all that fascinating. When I suddenly did wake up I thought the entire night had passed, but when I checked my clock it had only been one hour since I went to bed. Now I have to stay up all night and the following day because I hit REM sleep from the moment I fell asleep, I don't feel tired anymore. I can't get myself to sleep now.
Old 16-10-2015, 01:56 PM
Master
I had dreams like that! Very interesting Lucid dream. I honestly don't like them cause you think is all real and then when you realize is not then you just want out.