Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 29-07-2018, 12:52 AM
Pathfinder

Choosing a tarot deck online

Hi so I've read and have been told that to choose a deck you have to check it out and see if it resonates with you and you feel drawn toward it, that you have to be there in person with it. I believe that since energy can transcend time and space that I would be able to choose a deck by looking at it. It's hard for me because I live in the mountains and there aren't many places in town that sell tarot cards. What do you think, do you thinks it's absolutely necessary to be there in person, or would you be able to decipher whether or not you resonate with something by looking at a picture and kind of getting an idea of what it's like?
Old 29-07-2018, 03:27 PM
Administrator
Hello

Most of mine came from images I looked at on line. Then before it burned down I had a book store I could go to and order them. Now I do Amazon at times for what I want.

Look at the box cover first, I know were are told not to judge a book by its cover but its often the cover that draws us to want to open the book. Its the same with a box of cards. If the box says look inside then most times sites like Amazon have that option to view a few cards. If not Google Images will have some to view.

I never read the reviews that one's post or comments on the deck, as I am the one they have to resonate with I am the one that has to connect to them and use them. I do not want a clouded view.

Good luck on the search.

Lynn
Old 29-07-2018, 04:40 PM
Deactivated Account

99.9% of all my deck purchases are online and I live in a very popular demographic.There is simply more stock and variety online ( and hundreds to chose from!) Also in most shops, the cards are wrapped tight in plastic so you can't really look at them anyways and I would prefer not to buy a tarot deck already open and touched by many.

I think online is the place to go, not only is there more variety, but the networking and information is so abundant through social media, there is a huge tarot audience and you can go through thousands of cards on Instagram just looking at the hashtags. I personally like to research my decks on google searches and Youtube. You tube has people that go through the cards one by one. Here is an example (link)

Sure, when you buy online you do run the risk of not connecting with the images in person. Its happened to me on a number of occasions but I am a collector of the tarot, there are thousands of tarot cards in the market and the good news is they are easy to sell and exchange to other tarot enthusiast. For me, Divinity is Divinity, it works with almost anything, you dont need a fancy deck of cards. I feel once you master the Rider Waite system, your really just buying into the artistic value of the deck, imho.(
Old 29-07-2018, 05:45 PM
Administrator
Hello

You make an interesting point there Clover about the traditional deck Rider Waite and how its used. Many decks are based off that one with slight changes to them like my favorite The Psychic Tarot. This deck adds Charka cards to the mix. Its a bit more spiritual on that level I find.

I agree you do not need a fancy deck for readings if your doing them in the traditional way of using the Guide Book and pulling cards in a formatted layout.

There are times when you want the images on cards to "call" to you in a reading as a picture paints a thousand words they say. So I do like my images but LOL I have so many decks in a box that I never use. One and only one called out to me. Yet it took many missteps to get to that deck.

I too like the feel of cards and I find that some break down fast with a lot of use, so if your going to really use them look for good card stock or get a second deck to swap out worn cards.

Lynn
Old 31-07-2018, 01:46 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
For me, Divinity is Divinity, it works with almost anything, you dont need a fancy deck of cards. I feel once you master the Rider Waite system, your really just buying into the artistic value of the deck, imho.(
That was very helpful, thanks.
Old 31-07-2018, 01:48 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
so if your going to really use them look for good card stock or get a second deck to swap out worn cards.

Lynn
Ok thanks will do that.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:33 AM
Master
I have been looking at Tarot cards online and was amazed that some of the cards were in Chinese! As a result of this, I would say look carefully at the writing.