Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 06-04-2015, 04:13 PM
Knower

Intentional Hallucinations of reality

I may have already made a thread on this in the past but i feel i can more accurately explain the experiences now.

This has been happening to me for some time now, it tends to happen to me when i stare at an object for some time. I do still blink during this experience, so its not because my eyes are drying up..

As i stare at an object i start to see light around the edges of the object and things around it, my vision starts to warp and i see things shifting around like i'm looking through gentle ripples of water.
I start to see everything go really sharp and intense, the outlines of objects are really vivid and bright, i occasionally see it go all blurry then the blurriness will go and give way to really intense brightness and rippled vision. This experience only happens when i stare at an object for a certain period of time, it never happens without engaging focus.

Other experiences i have had recently have been similar but one was quite different... It happened recently, i was walking down the local river the other day and i was feeling quite spiritual and peaceful.. as i was walking i felt like reality was almost blank in nature, like i was pulsating slowly in and out of existence. It wasn't like i experienced nothingness, it was more like my mind was blank and so was reality, it felt like it didn't exist for those small moments it happened. It was a nice experience actually..

But, my question here is... Are these experiences things that any of you have experienced?

Obviously if i told a doctor this i would be put on pills and maybe taken to a mental hospital for checks aha.. I know full well that i have no mental disorder though :)
Old 06-04-2015, 08:58 PM
Ivy

This doesn't sound like a mental disorder at all, and i'm sure no doctor would think that. It sounds like just one of things that happens - and yes, I've experienced similar.

If it was pleasant, then just enjoy it for what it is
Old 07-04-2015, 07:31 PM
Experiencer
Gopi Krishna wrote about experiencing light around everything he saw. It was in the book Kundalini—The Evolutionary Energy in Man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gopi_Krishna_(yogi)
Old 08-04-2015, 12:50 PM
Master
Hello Humanb

Sometimes when the mind stops censoring/categorizing input, our experience of things become unfamiliar to what/how we normally accept them.
In my experience, when in total okayness, or self-acceptance, I either am slow, or stop, interpreting and become aware of the truth about things.

For instance, while turning my head to see something. As I become aware of the new vista entering my field of view, I noticed how the mind rushes to assemble the new image.
Long time ago I did a drawing to simulate this experience. I'll post it underneath.

Another example is sound. Sometimes, in that mental still zone, the sounds of things become silent, like turning off the volume to a TV set.
Other times I simple sense compression waves entering my ear.

I call these experiences as moments of truth, or moments of clarity.

The below drawing, the outer periphery is an exaggeration of my experience. But it does depict the general idea.

Another time I saw a truthful man, expressing unconditional love in the form of radiating uncreated light.
It was difficult to draw this. The lines radiating from the head were not seen. The lines only indicate the shimmering that I saw.

Everybody has their own unique experiences. And it's okay to have your own.
For me, they remind me that I have a body, but not the body.
I am a being that is gifted with an organism (body) so I can express love in this world/realm.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:32 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor
Hello Humanb

Sometimes when the mind stops censoring/categorizing input, our experience of things become unfamiliar to what/how we normally accept them.
In my experience, when in total okayness, or self-acceptance, I either am slow, or stop, interpreting and become aware of the truth about things.

For instance, while turning my head to see something. As I become aware of the new vista entering my field of view, I noticed how the mind rushes to assemble the new image.
Long time ago I did a drawing to simulate this experience. I'll post it underneath.

Another example is sound. Sometimes, in that mental still zone, the sounds of things become silent, like turning off the volume to a TV set.
Other times I simple sense compression waves entering my ear.

I call these experiences as moments of truth, or moments of clarity.

The below drawing, the outer periphery is an exaggeration of my experience. But it does depict the general idea.

Another time I saw a truthful man, expressing unconditional love in the form of radiating uncreated light.
It was difficult to draw this. The lines radiating from the head were not seen. The lines only indicate the shimmering that I saw.

Everybody has their own unique experiences. And it's okay to have your own.
For me, they remind me that I have a body, but not the body.
I am a being that is gifted with an organism (body) so I can express love in this world/realm.

Very intruiging post! I loved the illustrations too, really helps capture your perspective on your experience.

So, from what I have understood from your post. Are you suggesting that things become less uniform the clearer our mind is?
I have thought about this before actually.. Does the knowledge of the existance of somthing create it's existance? I know when the mind is completely clear it is possible to experience nothing at all, a complete lack of perception.

Also, the thing that made me think this was because in the bible Adam and Eve were banished from the garden of Eden for eating from the tree of knowledge, which obviously is a metaphor.. Sounds like knowledge brought about the existance of the universe and man was born out of nothingness, the garden of Eden being the peaceful refuge of nothingness.
I'm not Christian but I definetly believe there is truth in all religions, well there is only one true religion, but people don't realise that most of the existing religions follow the same path, just using different methods and ways of reaching it, they all teach love at the end of the day.
Old 09-04-2015, 01:01 AM
Suspended

Humanb, this practice of staring at something has been practiced for thousands of years. ln the far east it's know as Tratak, and Yogi's use it to develop the third-eye (it's best to concentrate on a luminous object). lt's also done by focusing on crystal balls, staring into the fire, meditating on a star (sun-gazing, but not advisable without a guide). There was a german mystic who used to stare at a luminous spot on a brass pot and attained enlightenment through it (jacob boehme).. lt's just called scrying in the west (with mirrors, crystal balls etc)..
Certainly, you should avoid all doctors - these things are way beyond most of them (not all, of course)..
Old 09-04-2015, 02:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanb
...So, from what I have understood from your post. Are you suggesting that things become less uniform the clearer our mind is?
... Does the knowledge of the existance of somthing create it's existance?
Hello Humanb.

Interesting questions. Here is my understanding of it.

My mind is bent on making sense of the world it senses. To do this, it accumulates and strings together multiple bits of already stored info. This string of info is a story about what it is sensing.
Much like a collage of unrelated bits to make a new bit.
The clearer the mind becomes the less stories are used and created.
When there are no more stories, what is left is the truth of the matter.
Truth does not need to prove it exists. It has no story attached to it for others to read. It simply is.
How we recognize the truth is by a simple knowing that requires no proof or understanding. A 'yes', or internal acknowledgement of knowing arises within the receiver of truth.

Existence is present whether we see it or not.
Belief plays a big part in what the mind does, or does not, acknowledge.
The old saying,"I will believe it when I see it", is slowly becoming replaced by, "I will see it when I believe it".

One day I was in a hurry, and desperately looking for my car keys. I first searched my desk, then every where else. Returned to my desk, rechecked it, then everywhere else again.
Eventually I gave up and sat down at my desk, and I saw the keys right in front of me.
In introspection I realized what had happened. Though I was at the desk, my mind was searching elsewhere, and I did not recognize the keys that where in plain sight.

However, have a belief in something can also fabricate stuff in our mind, causing to see something that is not.
So a belief can also be a story that veils the truth.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:54 AM
Master
I suspect you are starting to see Truth also... that everything is energy vibrating at different frequency's - when it's slow enough and seen through human eyes it appears solid. That's isn't it's ultimate truth however.

In the beginning seeing this Reality at a slightly higher vibration rate begins with seeing aura's around things a light glow - usually. This is because all objects have radiating energy.
It's easiest to see it around tree's and animals and people though as their the energy is even more animated.
As this form of soft eyed seeing becomes more practiced we can start picking up colors in the energy and layers of colors.
So you get it, basically seeing auric fields and that everything has them at some level.

But there's another skill set... see if this resonates with you. I first learned it with crystals and stone.
All energy has a rate of vibration, I see this as light flashes, sorta like strobe lights. Some people hear it as a hum or whine, others feel it like air vibrating and so on.
After much testing with rocks and crystals many of which have recorded vibration rates I was able to start decoding a rough estimate for the vibrational rate I seeing. This is different than tired eyes or the effects from staring too long at something - it's more like a florescent light flickering but in direction connection to the object one is focused on.
Does that sound familiar to you?

Okay here's one more and this gets a bit wild, I'm just beginning to experience this... let's call it the Flashing Multi-verse.
Imagine if you will for a moment that this reality (the 3D one we're in and our bodies are designed to operate within is like individual frames on a film. Our reality's film reel plays at, oh gosh, pick a number, lets say 35 on average.
Let's say the 4th dimension plays at a speed of 46
and the 5th dimension 57.
Now each of those dimensions has a vibrational range - so basically anything at 30-39 is going to be the same operating or film running speed as Earth.

Now you go for a peaceful calm walk, and your mind stops thinking, you start paying attention to things around you with very little thought just noticing and you start feeling this great appreciation and love and gratitude for all this beauty, this causes your vibration to raise and if you stay in a place of noticing without thinking there's nothing to solidly anchor you to this film rate's illusion - so you start also noticing near film rate realities.

Maybe you can't pick out 4th dimensional object over-laying this 3d dimensions just yet, but you start getting flashes and everything gets a bit lighter like the day is glowing more, and things start getting fuzzy edged and objects loose that crisp sharp edge associated with this dimension and maybe you can even kinda start seeing through things in this dimension. (If you are driving get off the road as quick as possible!)

If things get lighter and wash out in drenching light then your vibrationally shifting upwards in dimensions, darker or dimmer is down ward shifting to the low spectrum of the 3D dimension - say 31 maybe.

This pulsing you are perceiving at times like this when you are experiencing the multi-dimensional overlays could be perceived as you as a pulsing because of the 'frame rate' differential between realities/dimensions.

So anyway that's where I was heading with that... and yeah, I've experienced all that and more, enough to start coming up with mental constructs to try and explain it.
Keep going up in vibrational and developing the Observer No Thought State and things will get even more wonderful, wacky and mind blowing.

The Rabbit Hole is very deep Alice It's Wonderland I tell you!

(and practice wisdom and discernment... don't go to therapist or doctors for things connected to the awakening of consciousness, they don't have certifications to cover that. There are however many Spiritual Practioners and Groups in every country into eh world which can be most helpful as can forums like this - just take what resonates with you and let the rest go)
Old 09-04-2015, 05:42 AM
Master
Hello CrystalSong.
Great analogy to what may be happening to Humanb.
I enjoyed reading your post. Thank you.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:11 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
I suspect you are starting to see Truth also... that everything is energy vibrating at different frequency's - when it's slow enough and seen through human eyes it appears solid. That's isn't it's ultimate truth however.

In the beginning seeing this Reality at a slightly higher vibration rate begins with seeing aura's around things a light glow - usually. This is because all objects have radiating energy.
It's easiest to see it around tree's and animals and people though as their the energy is even more animated.
As this form of soft eyed seeing becomes more practiced we can start picking up colors in the energy and layers of colors.
So you get it, basically seeing auric fields and that everything has them at some level.

But there's another skill set... see if this resonates with you. I first learned it with crystals and stone.
All energy has a rate of vibration, I see this as light flashes, sorta like strobe lights. Some people hear it as a hum or whine, others feel it like air vibrating and so on.
After much testing with rocks and crystals many of which have recorded vibration rates I was able to start decoding a rough estimate for the vibrational rate I seeing. This is different than tired eyes or the effects from staring too long at something - it's more like a florescent light flickering but in direction connection to the object one is focused on.
Does that sound familiar to you?

Okay here's one more and this gets a bit wild, I'm just beginning to experience this... let's call it the Flashing Multi-verse.
Imagine if you will for a moment that this reality (the 3D one we're in and our bodies are designed to operate within is like individual frames on a film. Our reality's film reel plays at, oh gosh, pick a number, lets say 35 on average.
Let's say the 4th dimension plays at a speed of 46
and the 5th dimension 57.
Now each of those dimensions has a vibrational range - so basically anything at 30-39 is going to be the same operating or film running speed as Earth.

Now you go for a peaceful calm walk, and your mind stops thinking, you start paying attention to things around you with very little thought just noticing and you start feeling this great appreciation and love and gratitude for all this beauty, this causes your vibration to raise and if you stay in a place of noticing without thinking there's nothing to solidly anchor you to this film rate's illusion - so you start also noticing near film rate realities.

Maybe you can't pick out 4th dimensional object over-laying this 3d dimensions just yet, but you start getting flashes and everything gets a bit lighter like the day is glowing more, and things start getting fuzzy edged and objects loose that crisp sharp edge associated with this dimension and maybe you can even kinda start seeing through things in this dimension. (If you are driving get off the road as quick as possible!)

If things get lighter and wash out in drenching light then your vibrationally shifting upwards in dimensions, darker or dimmer is down ward shifting to the low spectrum of the 3D dimension - say 31 maybe.

This pulsing you are perceiving at times like this when you are experiencing the multi-dimensional overlays could be perceived as you as a pulsing because of the 'frame rate' differential between realities/dimensions.

So anyway that's where I was heading with that... and yeah, I've experienced all that and more, enough to start coming up with mental constructs to try and explain it.
Keep going up in vibrational and developing the Observer No Thought State and things will get even more wonderful, wacky and mind blowing.

The Rabbit Hole is very deep Alice It's Wonderland I tell you!

(and practice wisdom and discernment... don't go to therapist or doctors for things connected to the awakening of consciousness, they don't have certifications to cover that. There are however many Spiritual Practioners and Groups in every country into eh world which can be most helpful as can forums like this - just take what resonates with you and let the rest go)

A very interesting explanation! I understand exactly what you mean about the film strip reality, I have experienced this in some unusual ways.
But, from what you said yourself.. Isn't it better to not analyse it? I can't speak really, I analyse my experiences a lot but I think I'm beginning to understand that the brain only adds it's own perspective on an experience, it can never leave the truth alone, it has to personalise it and twist it.