Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 27-02-2015, 07:23 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoSandwich
Although I hesitate to throw my hat in on whether Jesus did or did not literally study Buddhism (there are similarities and differences), keep in mind, that if he did, he would have seen it through the lens of Judaism. Certain concepts in Buddhism such as nonduality could simply be seen as aspects of God. Prajna could be seen as oneness with God without any excessive degree of philosophical effort.

-TaoSandwich

very well said :)
Old 27-02-2015, 09:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by alhambra
After reading part of the Gospel of St Thomas i,m beginning to think he did. I would be interested to hear what others think. I am going to read more of Thomas,s Gospel and try and learn more about this very mind provoking topic.

I can see why you would think this, however, Jesus, as an avatar, a fully conscious part of the divine descended to earth with god consciousness, didn`t need to learn buddhism, as he already knew everything. As an avatar he didn`t need to go through enlightenment, he already was that which we seek.
Old 27-02-2015, 02:20 PM
Experiencer
Jesus and Buddha would have been best buddies had they lived at the same time
Old 27-02-2015, 02:30 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintMatthew

Keeping it real on planet Maya while booming the dharma bell of enlightened mind...
Old 27-02-2015, 03:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintMatthew

There's a good chance they were alive at the same and are besty's forever ever. Perhaps Jesus was not alive in the physical at the same time as Buddha, unless he currently had a physical body in Shambala (earthly heaven), but more likely, he was spiritually active and any avatar would be often leaving their body to commune with the brotherhood on higher planes...they chilled out together, defo I reckon.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 27-02-2015, 09:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by alhambra
After reading part of the Gospel of St Thomas i,m beginning to think he did. I would be interested to hear what others think. I am going to read more of Thomas,s Gospel and try and learn more about this very mind provoking topic.

Would he need to? Same truth different source.
Old 27-02-2015, 09:47 PM
Mrs Merrieweather

If not studied, purhaps a reincarnated monk. The wise men were monks looking for their reincarnated teacher/Guru. Personally I do believe the posibility that he did study Buddhism during his missing years.
Old 27-02-2015, 11:02 PM
Master
I like to see things as much from the point of source as I can and was quite chuffed when Abraham Hicks explained why they are now calling it source and even how that may have to be changed again in the future and then added that the ongoing nature of life is such that it's always growing and learning about itself through itself becoming.

So while source itself might know all things even that is from our perspective of what knowing all things might be about.

Did Jesus study Buddhism? Why might that be relevant to anything?

And I'm not questioning the validity of the question so much as raising why it might even be asked.

Let's say that Jesus appeared where he did and gave a message that was spoken in a way that those around him might understand and again that Buddha appeared where he did and spoke in a language those around him might understand. The idea that we can see similarities in what both said may be less to do with them actually having read and understood each others forays into translating the nature of source and may be more about us having more information from historical sources to be able to see similarities.

So isn't it actually the why we might be able to do that and less about what was actually done in times past?
Old 27-02-2015, 11:19 PM
Master
Communication does have it's benefits. I was thinking the other day that unless you are exposed to the direct teaching of an avatar then you won't understand yourself. The self is too complex, only a living, breathing avatar has it exactly as it is and unless you hear a fair bit of exactly what they said then you'll never even begin to unravel it. And how that unless every being on earth had access, even in book form, to the exact teachings of the World Teacher, then it's not really fair is it? That is one point of technology; to make sacred knowledge available to every single person on the planet

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."