Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 10-06-2018, 12:09 AM
Seeker

Vision of Spectral Cat

I'm not sure which is the best sub-forum for this, but I will try here...

I'm looking for feedback or insight into an odd occurance that happened to me about three nights ago now.

To start, I'll give a little back-story. [I've shared this info on this forum before, but it's important contextually, so I'll share it again]

My cat, with whom I have a very strong spiritual bond, has been suffering from a very slow-growing form of thyroid tumor for three years now. He's been to five vets, including two specialized animal hospitals, and I've been told his condition is very rare. I've also been told that there is no treatment for his condition. He was given 1-3 months to live, but that was 11 months ago. He has declined very slowly over the past year, but still has a good quality of life. He's thin but not emaciated, and enjoys life although he is very low on energy. I've been doing regular healing meditation for him, and have also recieved a kind offer of distant Reiki healing from a member of this forum, which I was grateful to accept on my cat's behalf.

Anyway, that's his status and history. Now for the strange incident.

Most nights, my cat comes into my room to wake me up at some point, usually around 3 am, becuase he wants food. I don't usually wake up easily, so he jumps up on the bed and bites my hair to wake me up. Early this past Thursday morning, however, I woke up suddenly as he walked into the room.
I sleep with my room very dark, so I can't usually see much. However, when I opened my eyes, I saw very clearly what appeared to be the outline of a spectral cat walking across the surface of my desk towards me. It was like when you look at something very bright and then shut your eyes and you can still see the outline, except intstead of the usual reddish tint you would see through your eyelids, this was all a yellowish-green. And my eyes were open.
The cat was skeletal (extremely emaciated) larger than a typical housecat, seemed to have longish hair and ears, bright glowing eyes, and -- most disturbingly -- a dislocated jaw that hung open and at an angle. It was moving as well, not a static image, but appeared to be walking in place at a slouching pace, with its head hung low. For perspective, this image would have been three feet off the ground (level with the surface of the desk) and at right angles with the direction from which my cat himself was approaching. I blinked, as I would to clear my vision, and had to blink several times before the image faded. The whole "vision" lasted about 2 to 4 seconds, and except for this "apparition" the room was entirely dark. I know I was completely awake during the incident because my eyes were open and I was on my feet within seconds to go feed my cat. I did not feel any negativity or malevolence from the "vision," although it was disturbing in its representation of absolute ill-ness and "dis-ease." If it had been a human form with the same characteristics, I probably would have been terrified.

I was not dreaming about cats or anything related before waking. I'm also not prone to nightmares or sleep disturbances. I've had a few unusual experiences in the past, and they have all been, like this, either distict from regular dream states, or occured during a wakeful state.

Has anyone had a similar experience?
Does anyone have thoughts about what this experience might signify?
Was it just a remnant of my subconscious state manifesting as I woke in response to the to stimuli of my approaching cat?
Or could it be something more distinctly spiritual?

I'd appreciate any thoughts or knowledge that anyone would care to share.

Last edited by mosaicmind : 10-06-2018 at 02:36 AM.
Old 12-06-2018, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator
I don't really have an answer for this mosaicmind.

I am sorry your cat is sick, and all I can say about that is you have kept him alive in a decent quality of life for a LOT longer than was predicted by the vets, so you must be doing something right!
Blessings to him, and I hope he has many more happy weeks/months, because it doesn't seem like he's quite ready to go yet when he has the energy to bite your head in the middle of the night for food!

The apparition....I'm afraid I have no idea.

A thought, or a possibility....that this could have been one of those "hypnopompic" visions which can happen on the edge of sleep (in that case, waking up from sleep) Sometimes they don't always make a lot of rational sense but could be partly influenced by something at the back of our minds.
Old 12-06-2018, 12:33 AM
Administrator
Hello

As your cat is nearing sadly that place of crossing over it is possible that like at times humans experience that out of body leaving before the final breath out your can is doing the same.

WOW that was odd a very small white feather just landing on the keyboard then on me. A message that things will be OK that the passing will be one of peace. As hard as it will be letting go we do have to let go.

I lost my cat to Thyroid disease its not a very nice path for them to take, too I have thyroid issues so I wondered on some level if I was viewing me.....

I bless that your bond keeps the strong connections even when the last breath takes place.

Lynn
Old 12-06-2018, 01:07 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
I bless that your bond keeps the strong connections even when the last breath takes place.

Lynn

I can definitely let you know, mosaicmind, that this does frequently happen. Because Love doesn't ever die. Only the body dies.
Kindest thoughts.
Old 12-06-2018, 02:53 PM
Seeker

Thanks for the replies everyone.
I agree, Tobi, that a hypnopompic hallucination is the likely explanation. It was just such an odd image...I guess I wondered if there might be some spiritual significance. Which there may yet be; I feel that just because a phenomena has a rational explanation doesn't necessarily render it meaningless.

Thanks also for the kind words and thoughts. I'm sorry about your cat as well, Lynn. One reason the vets said my cat's condition is rare is that the tumor is not actually affecting his thyroid levels, even though it's a thyroid carcinoma, which is probably why he's hung in there so long.

I did perform a simple blessing and energy cleansing of my cat, and regardeless of efficacy or reality, the symbolism of the act helped ease my anxiety (which was likely at the root of the whole incident). Writing out the experience and sharing it also helped, so thank you again for the replies.
Old 30-06-2018, 07:59 PM
Newbie ;)

Interesting. The apparition in the form it appeared may be a transcended spiritual imprint of likewise suffering. A harbinger, if you will. The bond between an animal and it's owner is undoubtedly very strong. You stated that you have no associative sleep disorders. Do you take medications or suffer any other neurological deficit? Have you had hypnogogic hallucinations as well?
Old 05-07-2018, 05:51 PM
Seeker

Hi offthechain22 - I've been away for a while and only saw your reply today. Thanks for sharing your ideas - a harbinger is interesting... No, I don't have any conditions that affect my sleep, and although I've a few odd experiences between sleeping and waking, I've never experienced hallucinations or sleep paralysis or anything like that.
... Except once, in college. I had something like the "old hag syndrome," but rather than a scary old lady, a strange cat was sitting on my chest. Maybe I have a cat fixation
Old 06-07-2018, 02:26 AM
Newbie ;)

Wow. This really interesting stuff. Let me think on this a bit before I reply.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:25 AM
Newbie ;)

Cats have long been speculated to have direct ties to the spirit world. I think the ancient Egyptians were privy to this and that is why they were worshiped as gods. I also believe they have an innate ability to sense the paranormal. I borrowed these next few lines from an article I read about this.

" A cat’s senses are razor sharp, sometimes even otherworldly, from its sense of smell, to its sense of touch. But two important senses are critical in being able to be attuned to the supernatural: sight and hearing.

Throughout history it was believed that cats can sense auras and energies far better than any other animal, including humans of course. Scientifically, a cat’s eyesight is truly above a human’s; they can gather what little light is present and can see in the dark. But for followers of the paranormal, this also means that a cat can see auras, both of the living and the dead. While the human eye or cameras may “see” a spirit as a light anomaly or a shadow figure, a cat will see it as if it had flesh and bones, and will react accordingly. Some claim that when a cat is staring out the window not making a sound, it is seeing something we can’t.

The same can be said of its hearing. A cat’s sense of hearing can hear a rat’s squeak from yards and yards away, but according to some, this also means it can hear paranormal sounds much clearer. The faintest sounds captured by the human ear or in electronic voice phenomena (EVP) form in electronic devices, are easily heard by a cat’s. "

It is very solid science in my mind. What do you think?
Old 09-07-2018, 02:25 AM
Newbie ;)

Cats have long been speculated to have direct ties to the spirit world. I think the ancient Egyptians were privy to this and that is why they were worshiped as gods. I also believe they have an innate ability to sense the paranormal. I borrowed these next few lines from an article I read about this.

" A cat’s senses are razor sharp, sometimes even otherworldly, from its sense of smell, to its sense of touch. But two important senses are critical in being able to be attuned to the supernatural: sight and hearing.

Throughout history it was believed that cats can sense auras and energies far better than any other animal, including humans of course. Scientifically, a cat’s eyesight is truly above a human’s; they can gather what little light is present and can see in the dark. But for followers of the paranormal, this also means that a cat can see auras, both of the living and the dead. While the human eye or cameras may “see” a spirit as a light anomaly or a shadow figure, a cat will see it as if it had flesh and bones, and will react accordingly. Some claim that when a cat is staring out the window not making a sound, it is seeing something we can’t.

The same can be said of its hearing. A cat’s sense of hearing can hear a rat’s squeak from yards and yards away, but according to some, this also means it can hear paranormal sounds much clearer. The faintest sounds captured by the human ear or in electronic voice phenomena (EVP) form in electronic devices, are easily heard by a cat’s. "

It is very solid science in my mind. What do you think?