Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Massage

Old 16-07-2012, 05:16 AM
TheressaWilliams

Is massage therapy a proffesion for me.

For years, I have had friends and family alike express how well I give massages. I even had my aunt who is a proffesional massage therapist tell me I should look into it (after I had given her a shoulder massage.). People are often surpised just how easily it is for me to find out just what hurts, and how to deal with it in a way where it doesn't hurt them further. But for me, I kind of have to really know the person. I have to form a deep connection. With this kind of barrier, is it still possible for me to become a professional massage therapist? How would you suggest I get past the barrier of working on strangers?
Old 16-07-2012, 05:35 AM
Master
Yes I had the same problem, many years ago I studied massage and also natural therapies, after i graduated I started to have friends and friends of friends come to me, but I was always a bit nervous of doing a total stranger.

I have taken up doing a bit here and there, and I feel a lot more confident, I think I was just shy back in the earlier days, but if you don't try you will never know if you can do it.

You sound to me like you are a natural, so you should be fine, its mainly learning a bit of anatomy and physiology, I have a full skeleton at home which helps a lot in understanding how the muscles are all connected, you can get one on E-bay for around three hundred dollars.....well good luck in whatever you do.
Old 22-12-2012, 04:41 PM
MissMoon

Well, I'm agree with psychoslice sentence "but if you don't try you will never know if you can do it."
And I'm confident that you can beat the hurdle. Maybe you just have to fade out which person is in your hands.
Good luck. I wish I got the same talent for doing a good massage.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:31 AM
mcoprevog

In response to unblocking said blockage

This is the field that I'm gonna be going into. I'm the same as you. I have really good intuition for it, so it's like I can feel what the person feels without actually feeling it. I bet you could get through the blockage by practicing all forms of bodywork and breathwork and reflexology and such on yourself. That's what I did. I had sore muscles and no one to help me with it, so I just started stretching and stuff and next thing I knew, I was able to give the expert massage that I would've given myself... on everyone else. It's always like "hey thanks! Good job btw." "You're welcome. Now do me." "... I'm not really good at that..." "-.- ... ok" It's a gift though. So many massage therapists are ... not so good. If you get in the field they'll all go to you. You ever have a massage from someone who can't get under the muscle, and they just press on it and aggravate it until you can't move?" Yeah, good ones are appreciated!
They finish and they're like "How was that?"
And you're like "How do you not know how it was?"