Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Tai Chi & Chi Gong

Old 04-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Kwayde

How can I feel chi?

Hi everyone. I've been meditating for over a couple years now and have just begun to take my qigong practice a little more seriously. I currently practice Terry Dunn's Flying Phoenix Celestial standing meditations and a few other exercises I've learned from books. I try to keep my mind on my movements and my dan tian when instructed to, but sometimes my mind wanders and I bring it back into focus when I can.

My question to everyone is, how can I feel chi? How long will it take? I practice not only for health, but enlightenment and the ability to heal others as well. It gets a little discouraging sometimes yet I continue to practice. I even have a friend who at one point denied the existence of chi until he felt it while rubbing his hands together one day at work! And he doesn't even practice any kind of energy work. Why is it effortless for some, but not for others?

Thank you for reading and I await your responses
Old 05-08-2012, 04:26 AM
Henri77

Well I cannot advise you but only share my experience.
I also have been doing daily ChiGong about 2 yrs (a different practice-exercise of course)
Learned from a dvd course.

However I had years of experience with energy-healing before that, and that's primarily why I took up chi gong.
Seeing the master doing healing, in a video, & it looked much like what we'd done as energy healers, in the church group I was with.

Also I'd been a dancer, and movement meditation attracted me. as I'd found sitting meditation not that productive.

Combining healing energy, movement & meditation sounded-looked-felt cool so I've stuck with it.

Love doing it in nature whenever possible as it really connects me to earth ,and apparently, earth energy.
I can't say if everyone can feel chi... dunno!

But I'd say when I really surrender to the source, I most feel it. Occasionally I imagine I'm underwater in a sea of energy that surrounds me.
When I'm most relaxed, surrendering, I feel I'm most open , and channeling rather than directing the energy.
Especially if i focus opening my heart and feeling love, the most effective session ensues.

For practice in my apt, I've made a mixtape of chants, sacred Amer Indian & Tibetian flute music, that creates a
sacred healing ambiance, (really useful for creating a mood)

I do ChiGong primarily for health, but feel a sacred ambiance when I do it, and call on angels prior to meditation.

So it works pretty well as a way tuning in, and is a good time for healing prayer and sending healing when I feel so moved. Especially in a longer session.. over 30 min.

(quite often I don't feel much energy BTW, it depends)
I rarely ever miss a day ... as it keeps me connected to mother earth (what with computers, cars, & stuff)

BTW I also do a Merkaba meditation daily, a short one just to keep that connection,
as it has a different connection to the universe.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayde
Hi everyone. I've been meditating for over a couple years now and have just begun to take my qigong practice a little more seriously. I currently practice Terry Dunn's Flying Phoenix Celestial standing meditations and a few other exercises I've learned from books. I try to keep my mind on my movements and my dan tian when instructed to, but sometimes my mind wanders and I bring it back into focus when I can.

My question to everyone is, how can I feel chi? How long will it take? I practice not only for health, but enlightenment and the ability to heal others as well. It gets a little discouraging sometimes yet I continue to practice. I even have a friend who at one point denied the existence of chi until he felt it while rubbing his hands together one day at work! And he doesn't even practice any kind of energy work. Why is it effortless for some, but not for others?

Thank you for reading and I await your responses

I think it's about feeling the body relax, and after practice the mind developes good concentration and also sharp perceptive ability, and when the solid hard sensations of the physical body begin to disolve into tingles and subtle vibrations, then the flow can be felt a bit more easily.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:13 AM
Gofa

I was taught qi gong many years ago and in turn taught others as a sign of achievement

Getting it out of books is a tough game

Simple elements to understand is breathing on up elements breath in down out

Go watch you tube find someone doing a set that speaks to you looks cool and pretty simple

replicate as best you can

Should be flowing and balances as in left side right side movements

The Tao is best looked at through a smile as is qi gong

the guy below looks a good place to start Just a random search but better to be lucky than skilled

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSZq78t4WMg
Old 07-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Kwayde

Thank You All...

...for your sound advice and knowledge! Henri77, I'll work trying to create more of an immersive experience with music and nature. And Gofa, thanks for that vid. I'll be trying those movements as well.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Experiencer
Another much, much simpler exercise, that I've learned both in Qi Gong and Pranic Healing classes.
- Remove your shoes, and any leather item of leather clothing (belt, panties ) you're wearing
- Sit down, or stand on your feet with your knees slightly bent. Don't cross your legs
- Connect your tongue to your palate and practice a few abdominal respirations. It is important that you continue breathing with your stomach throughout the whole exercise
- Close your eyes if you want, and place your hands about 1 foot/30 centimeters apart, with your palms facing each other
- Stay relaxed, and try to let go of any excessive expectations
- You should start feeling a sensation of warmth or tingling in your hands. As you continue focusing, you can feel something like an attraction/repulsion feeling, kind of like when you put two magnets together. That's chi !
- If you don't feel anything, you can try visualizing a ball of pure white or golden energy between your hands, and move your hands around it in a circular motion : on the sides, and then on the top and bottom of the ball. You can also try playing with the ball, squeezing it and releasing it.
- While you perform these movements, if you don't feel anything, instead of thinking "nothing is going on", think positive : "I'm in the process of feeling Chi in my hands". Energy follows thought, and it will be very helpful to adopt a positive way of thinking.
Let us know how it works for you. I personally like this method because it's very empirical. It usually works for most people in minutes, and if it doesn't, sensations can be developped over time in a relatively short period.

Instagram: Prananina
Old 10-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Master
Totally agree with. Ninoushka ( above) but for beginners start with your hands much closer together less than an inch apart. And then 'feel with your mind' in the middle, between the palms, Start to bounce one hand very slightly, with tiny movements and you will start to feel heat and then a feeling like when you push two magnets together and they repel each other. This is the start, then slowly take you hands further apart ( bouncing slowly).
Old 10-08-2012, 08:40 PM
Experiencer
Very true peteyzen! In the beginning, it might be useful depending on your level of energy to bring your hands a little bit closer, but it really depends on people. If you don't feel anything, slowly bring your hands a little bit closer and let the magic work :)

Instagram: Prananina
Old 11-08-2012, 03:18 AM
iolite

You can also rub your hands together vigorously and then slowly move them apart a bit and then together. You'll feel a repulsion like pushing two magnets together at their like poles. That's the chi. Robert Bruce has a really good book called NEW Energy in which he walks you thru exercises feeling the energy vortexes on our bodies. The tutorial is here
Old 13-08-2012, 06:04 AM
perfect earth

The first time I felt energy was during a pulsing movement - moving my hands subtley together and away while focusing on the energy I was cultivating.