Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Closed Thread

Old 16-04-2007, 01:39 AM
lightworker

Very Important News For Natural Therapies

Hi everyone,
I just received this very important email, i thought i should let as many people know as i can.

Speak Up For Health Freedom
by Owen Waters

You wouldn't think it could happen in the USA.

"The land of the brave and the free" is about to become a lot
less free unless enough of the brave stand up and voice their
opinions by April 30th.

The Food and Drug Administration plans to pass laws to
"protect" you from alternative health care, complementary
medicine and natural supplements.

If the FDA passes these proposed laws, you will no longer be
able to buy vitamins, visit a chiropractor, acupuncturist or
massage therapist... UNLESS you first obtain permission from a
medical doctor.

Now, I don't know how much your M.D. knows about natural
health care. Most of the doctors that I've met so far know
nothing beyond how to select the most capable, poisonous drug
to SUPPRESS the symptoms of illness. I have yet to hear one
talk about actually CURING an illness.

If this legislation passes, you will no longer be free to make
your own natural health care choices. The medical doctor from
whom you will HAVE to seek permission will have no knowledge
whatsoever of the many natural therapies which actually help to
CURE illnesses.

Make no mistake about it. While medicine has made great
strides in the last few decades, we are still very much in the
MEDICAL DARK AGES.

Alternative and complementary medicine IS the future. It is
from these fields that the miracle cures of tomorrow will
emerge... unless these emerging alternatives are squashed and
you are left in the tender care of the poisonous drug industry
and their Medical Doctor sales force.

In fact, this thinly-disguised ploy for power over your body
sounds more like the brainchild of a greedy drug industry
rather than the public servants whose duty it is to protect
you. With this legislation, they plan to protect you so
vigorously that, should you try to work around it, you will
face fines and prison.

Time is running out. The period for public comments on this
proposal ends on April 30, 2007.

The Health Freedom USA organization has made the public
comments process easy with a pre-defined petition to the FDA.
Just add your name to the list and you'll be joining hands with
millions of caring people just like yourself.

Either visit their web site at www.HealthFreedomUSA.org or,
better yet, use this direct link to their active campaign:

http://tinyurl.com/2u7ghc

AOL users: <a href="http://tinyurl.com/2u7ghc"> Click here.</a>

Thanks for reading guys, i appreciate it.
Lightworker
Old 16-04-2007, 02:08 PM
Deactivated Account
That's very worrying news. I'm from the UK but I don't have much faith in medical doctors - the ones I've seen don't know much about nutrition or any sort of complentary therapies. I've heard they don't even go into nutrition in detail at medical school. Considering the fact that nutrition can be a huge part in the prevention and the cause of illness (depending on a good or bad diet) that's a real worry. My current GP told me that I shouldn't waste my time with homeopathy, as it's "tosh" apparantly. If it's his opinion fair enough, that's his life, but what bothers me is that medical doctors tend to miss the point and treat the part (symptom) rather than the whole (person). It's no wonder so many people seek a therapy that views them on all levels.The thought of alternative therapies being under the responsibility of medical doctors is a bit disconcerting to say the least.
I'll definitely look at that website, thanks.
Old 16-04-2007, 04:31 PM
kundalini

Hi lightworker,

I agree with Starbucks. I too live in the UK but it is a little disconcerting that these notions could be passed as laws in the USA. From what I have heard, it seems that the majority of doctors, though not all, have a somewhat condescending and dismissive attitude towards complementary therapies and it's benefits. So, why is the choice of being treated by complementary therapy being placed solely in the medical profession's hands? It seems a little biased. Sorry if this post offends anyone but that is my opinion.

Kundalini.
Old 17-04-2007, 07:27 AM
Woman Who Loves Nature

Oh Thank You lightworker, I will sign any petition to stop that from happening. The US govt. and medical asso. sure are getting desperate to pull something like this is all I can say... WWLN
Old 17-04-2007, 09:13 AM
Pounamu

I have seen the intimation that this is likely to happen some time ago - something about the Codex Alimentarius Act or something - I forget the full term. It is without doubt a political ploy instigated by the multinational drug cartels to try to clamp down on people "getting away with murder" by treating themselves / going to alternative therapies and thereby slipping out of the drug manufacturers' net!!! Already there are countries where it is illegal to sell or provide or even obtain any natural remedy that has not been scrutinised and passed by the authorities... I believe Canada and Germany are among these, and the drug companies are pushing hard to extend this control over the whole world.

I think they would have a hard time policing it; but undoubtedly it would be a hindrance and scare many people off... others would get into unjustified trouble over it. It is another demonstration (IMO) of the dark forces trying to control and screw up the world population, I have no doubt; and should be resisted in every possible way, whilst maintaining our freedom and sovereignty of choice to see to our own health and fitness. The dark are working through the greed of the drug companies in this, I feel. Let's not have a bar of it!!!

Pounamu
Closed Thread