Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 08-06-2019, 07:37 AM
Seeker

Yup, totally agreed.

I have tried many spiritual practices and this is the real deal
Old 18-12-2019, 08:15 PM
Master
Zhuan Falun (Turning The Law Wheel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnergyGem
Hi all,

I've come across a fascinating book that talks about high level spiritual things from a scientific perspective. This book is intriguing as it talks about many similar things to what people in mystical states mention such as seeing into parallel dimensions and interacting with beings from other worlds etc.

This book is called Zhuan Falun and it is from the Buddha Law School of Cultivation however it is not Buddhism the religion or Daoism the religion, it's something more profound. It seems to me to be more of a spiritual science as many of the terms and concepts in the book are talked about in a scientific down to earth manner instead of flowery mystical prose which I found very refreshing.

Now here is where it gets interesting, this book talks about the following things:

Other Dimensions - Levels Of Dimensions spanning into the microcosm and also outwards into the macrocosm

The Soul - It talks about people having a Master soul and a subordinate soul which is hidden from you but is at a more advanced level then you, it states some people have more then one Subordinate soul and some are of not of the same sex as you i.e males having a female subordinate soul etc.

Microcosmic worlds - This concept was very far out but it talks about there being worlds within you, countless worlds. Similiar to our world with life , water, animals etc. An analogy is zooming an an atom within one of your cells and realizing at that level of magnification it is just like our solar system. Then zooming into a single particle in that world and finding out it too is a vast world, apparently the level it can go onwards like this is beyond imagination.

Supernatural Abilities - In the book they mention that everyone has them it is just that they have atrophied. It goes into depth about this topic. Some abilites that are mentioned are precognition, retrocognition and remote vision.

The 3rd Eye - Talks about how at the front part of our pineal gland there is a complete structure of an eye there. Modern science calls it a vestigial eye but in the cultivation world they say this eye just naturally exists like that and it can be activated allowing one to pierce through this dimension and see other dimensions. It talks about how there are many levels to this 3rd eye and it goes into great depth about it.

Thoughts - This part was amazing. It talks about how a human brain is just a processing plant. How the real you is actually your soul, it's like your whole body and brain is just a vehicle and that the true commands are issued by your master soul, but this master soul is very tiny and it can switch positions while inside you and it can also expand and shrink. It can move from your brain to your heart and to other parts of your body and it is 'he' who calls the shots. Your brain is just the factory which your master soul sends his cosmic commands to which then create the forms of expression and communication we use such as speech, gestures, etc.

These are just a few things that are covered but there are many many other things which blew my mind when I read it because of how it resonated with some of the mystical experiences people sometimes have, especially the multidimensional nature of reality and how all of them are hidden in our day to day perceptions of the world.

If this sounds interesting to anyone you can grab a copy of the book here:

(oops, didn't know I can't post links yet, is it ok I let people know what to google for?)

Google: zhuan falun pdf

(The book is all free to download and checkout)

Hi EnergyGem,

Welcome to Spiritual Forums.

Many thanks for the information you've provided here, below. I am enjoying it immensely.

Are you aware of any contemporary practitioners of this profound knowledge?

I must admit being concerned by the use of qualifying these as "our practice", as if such knowledge somehow "belongs" to the author, or its practitioners to withhold, from those whose "karma" has not been paid off (or words to such effect).

Looking forward to when you can add these resources, yourself (I believe after 15 or 17 posts).

Reference: https://falundafa.org/eng/eng/pdf/Zhuan-Falun-2018.pdf (This is the one you've identified as updated from the 2015 edition).
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 18-12-2019 at 08:51 PM. Reason: clarify input
Old 19-12-2019, 03:10 PM
Guide

Falun Dafa is a bit like Scientology. Good with its initial practices, exercises and explanations. Once you get deeper into it the ideas become crazy, almost non-sensical and way out.
Old 27-12-2019, 05:39 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
Falun Dafa is a bit like Scientology. Good with its initial practices, exercises and explanations. Once you get deeper into it the ideas become crazy, almost non-sensical and way out.

I didn't find it anything like Scientology. There is no money involved, people come and go as they please and there is no central power base. People just practice a set of 5 gentle qi-gong exercises,read the core theory of the practice which is Zhuan Falun and try to live by the core precepts of Truthfulness, Compassion and Forebearance.

It totally respects free will, if you want to practice you're welcome, if you don't you're free to go about your way. This is expounded in Zhuan Falun:

1.) "Here we’re teaching you to take the right path, and along with that, we’re teaching you the Law inside and out and encouraging you to have your own understanding of it, but it’s still up to you whether you decide to learn it. "The master leads you through the door, but cultivation is up to you. Nobody’s going to push you to cultivate. It’s up to you whether you cultivate. Or to put it another way, when you choose your own path, when you decide what you want, or when you’re trying to get something—nobody will stop you. They can only try to kindly persuade you"

2.) "Our Falun Dafa is one of the Buddhist system’s 84,000 disciplines. It’s never been passed on to the general public before during this period of civilization, but it did once save people on a large scale in a prehistoric age. Today I’m spreading it again widely during this final period of the kalpa’s end, so it’s just extremely precious."

3.)"I’m not saying you have to learn my Falun Dafa, but I can say that what I’m doing is sharing some principles with you. If you want to cultivate you have to commit to one discipline, or else you won’t be able to cultivate one bit. Of course, if you don’t want to cultivate we’ll leave you alone. The Law is meant to be heard by people who really cultivate."
Old 27-12-2019, 05:53 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
Hi EnergyGem,

Welcome to Spiritual Forums.

Many thanks for the information you've provided here, below. I am enjoying it immensely.

Are you aware of any contemporary practitioners of this profound knowledge?

I must admit being concerned by the use of qualifying these as "our practice", as if such knowledge somehow "belongs" to the author, or its practitioners to withhold, from those whose "karma" has not been paid off (or words to such effect).

Looking forward to when you can add these resources, yourself (I believe after 15 or 17 posts).

Hi Guthrio,

Happy to hear you're finding the book insightful. :)

In terms of contemporary people, yes many hundreds of thousands of people are practicing it around the world. There was actually a book and a large scale survey done from thousands of practitioners around the world which talked about Falun Dafa's healing effects:

Google: Life And Hope Renewed The Healing Power Of Falun Dafa

Google: Better Health, Better Life - Surveys on Healing and Fitness from Practicing Falun Gong

I think when the author uses the term 'our practice' he's implying that if you practice this QiGong system, you're a person who is part of the practice in a sense. Similar to how in the past the students of Buddha Shakyamuni were termed 'disciples'. Not exactly the same connotation but something along those lines. :)

This practice has been embraced the world over, only the evil Chinese Communist Party is still actively persecuting it severely:

"By April 2001, Li Hongzhi had received over 340 awards and proclamations from Australia, Canada, China (before crackdown), Japan, Russia, and the U.S. in recognition of the contributions to people's spiritual and physical health, and to freedom of belief in the world. These include certificates of recognition from several governmental bodies in the United States – including Honorary Citizenship awarded by The State of Georgia and city of Atlanta.

On 14 March 2001, The Freedom House bestowed Li Hongzhi and Falun Gong with an International Religious Freedom Award for the advancement of religious and spiritual freedom at a ceremony in the United States Senate. In the same year, Li was ranked the most powerful communicator in Asia by AsiaWeek magazine "for his power to inspire, to mobilize people and to spook Beijing".

He was nominated for the 2001 Sakharov Prize by over 25 members of European Parliament, was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2000 and 2001, and in 2013 was ranked by Foreign Policy Magazine as one of the 500 most powerful people in the world."

Google: Li Hongzhi Wikipedia (under the section about Life Abroad)
Old 01-01-2020, 10:05 AM
Newbie ;)

An Upright Person

He who acts for his name
a life of anger and hate is his
He who acts for profit
cold is he, knowing not his kin
He who acts for emotion
many are the troubles he brings himself
Bitter,
fighting away,
he makes karma all his life.
Not seeking a name
life is carefree and content
Not set on profit
one is known as humane and righteous
Not stirred by emotion
the mind is quiet, desires few
Kind,
cultivating himself,
he builds up virtue all his years.
July 13, 1986

Li Hongzi
Old 30-07-2020, 12:21 PM
Newbie ;)

A little bump and the latest version of the book for those who may have missed it, it's the closest translation of the original Chinese version thus far:

Google: Zhuan-Falun-2018-v1.9.pdf