Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 05-11-2011, 02:37 PM
cheribird44

Past life death?

Hello everyone. I'm just wondering about this, to satisify my own curiousity. I've been afraid to drive, ever since I can remember. I've driven a few times, and everytime, I end up having a full blown panic attack. I've never been in any major kind of accident, there is no rational reason for it. I've even tried being hypnotised to get rid of the fear, but to no avail. I've pretty much given up and refuse to drive now. I was just wondering if maybe it stems from a past life, maybe I was killed in a car wreck, maybe I killed someone else in a car wreck? I would love any thoughts or input. Thanks for reading!!!
Old 17-11-2011, 12:03 AM
Amberly

Its hard for anyone to say for certain whats causing your fear, but they do say that some traumas from a past life can be carried onto the next.

Maybe you have, maybe you havent....sorry i can't be of any more help :)
Old 17-11-2011, 12:31 AM
nightowl

cheribird44,

This is an interesting question

For me I would have to ask you if you stuffer from panic attacks in any other area of your life? Is there any fear tied to multitasking for you? Working through process of elimination would help to determine whether this fear of driving can be tied to anything else. Just a suggestion...

Now it is possible that you experienced a trauma associated with a car in a past life but it would be hard to confirm for sure if that is what happened. Have you had any reoccurring dreams that involve a car or even another time in history?

I only remember one of my past lives deaths. I have had an unusually high re-occurrence in my life of accidents involving glass and an unusual love of stained glass. I have come to learn that I was killed by a stain glass window in 12th century France. So it is possible to find out but it doesn't always come easy.
Old 17-11-2011, 02:00 PM
cheribird44

Thank you both for responding.

I have only had 2 other panic attacks when I was younger that didn't involve driving. I'm not really prone to panic attacks, it just seems to happen when I try to drive. I've tried process of elimination as well, and there is just no good reason for it.

Anyways, I just figured I'd ask. Thanks again for your time. :)
Old 17-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Elliemarianna

Hi! I experience the same thing!

During my last life, I died in a drag race in 1961. I was having an affair with my boyfriends brother, who found out, and purposely crashed the car in rage with myself, himself, his brother, and the girl who told him of the affair, in the car. I was pregnant at the time, in the first trimester. I died from internal bleeding, and a leg injury that had reached my artery. I have a mark on my leg now, from the injury to my thigh, which appeared when I began to remember my previous life. My death was quite slow and painful, and I remember looking down on myself when I had died, willing myself to live. I remember staying with my lover as a spirit for a long time.

I was born again in 1986, and whenever I get into a car, especially the back (I was sat in the back during the accident) I start to panic. I feel VERY sick, break out in a cold sweat, start shaking violently and have this knot in my stomach. I want to get out, as quickly as possible. This has made travelling very difficult for me, and panic before journeys, due to the knowledge of how I will react.
Old 18-11-2011, 12:15 AM
Coming2

It is possible that you have connected with a past life or you have released a hidden memory that has been suppressed in your subconscious from this lifetime. We dont necessarily have to die to be traumatized by something.

All my life I have been deathly afraid of the ocean. I lived on the beach as a child and would spend my days looking out into the water as if I was waiting on something. One night, many years ago, I had a dream where I was lost at sea,at night, and things were bumping against my legs. I was around 60 and male...a fisherman I think. I remember the overwhelming fear that I was about to drowned or be eaten at any second. The last thing I remember before I woke up was sinking down deeper into the dark of the water letting my last bit of air go and surrendering to death. It was a profound dream because I feel I finally tapped into my fear and that in fact I died by drowning in the ocean in some past life. By experiencing that I have been able to do some healing and last summer was able to get knee deep in the ocean. It was very freeing and empowering. I hope you can find peace with your fear and anxiety. I feel it is very important to try to get to the root of the problem. Have you ever been in an accident?? It could very well be that it caused hidden trauma that is just now coming out. Ask your Guides to show you what it all means and to help you let go of your fear.
Old 18-11-2011, 12:24 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheribird44
Thank you both for responding.

I have only had 2 other panic attacks when I was younger that didn't involve driving. I'm not really prone to panic attacks, it just seems to happen when I try to drive. I've tried process of elimination as well, and there is just no good reason for it.

Anyways, I just figured I'd ask. Thanks again for your time. :)

It is good to hear you have considered all other possibilities, it sounds as though with these things eliminated that there is a strong possibility that there could be a past life connection.

There are ways of discovering your past lives. Read through some of the threads here on SF there are great suggestions and resources mentioned in them. The net has much to say about past lives and there is such a thing as past life regression that some use. Hope you find the answers you seek
Old 18-11-2011, 01:30 AM
mattie

Discharging Old Energetic Refuse

Have you ever pursued professional help to get past this beyond the hypnotizing? Or used desensitization your self? What is giving you the panic about it?

EFT might be useful. The free information in the below link is more than sufficient.
http://www.eftuniverse.com/index.php...11&It emid=14

Is this fear something you want to get past? If this is old energetic refuse you can actively discharge it.
Old 19-11-2011, 10:38 AM
Guide
cheribird44,

I don't know if this will help but I have helped other people get past similar fears with this technique, you are more than welcome to try it if you would like.

Sit in a quiet room in a relaxed position with your eyes closed, in a chair if possible and I would recommend in the middle of the room. Next visualize yourself sitting behind the wheel of the car. If you begin to feel panicy then open your eyes and reassure yourself that you are safe and sound in your room.

Once you feel the panic leaving begin again. Close your eyes and visualize the car again. You are sitting behind the wheel. When you feel safe then reach out and take the steering wheel in your hands, I suggest using a small pillow or something similar, just hold it in your hands get use to the feel of it. If at anytime you begin to feel panicy just stop open your eyes and reassure yourself again and keep this up until you feel safe and secure in your visualized state.

Then move to the car. Do Not Try to Drive. Just do the same thing in the car. Sit behind the wheel close your eyes and visualize yourself driving down a beautiful street in a beautiful neighborhood at a slow and lesiurely pace. Just enjoy the view. All of this in your mind, remember you are just visualizing this. If at anytime you become fearful simply open your eyes and reassure yourself.

This exercise might take several weeks, but you must work on it each day for at least 30 minutes. As you do the fear will disapate and calmness and reassurance will replace that fear. I know that it might seem like a daunting task but I believe it is nothing compared with the fear you feel now. Conquering our fears is a way to move along the journey we must travel.

I hope you find the answers you are looking for.

Blessed Be,
SpiritCarrier

PS I am only giving a suggestion that I have used with other people and have had success with. The power is yours and it always is.
Old 21-11-2011, 05:40 AM
cheribird44

Thank you all for your responses. I will definately research past life regression and I will definately try SpiritCarriers therapy and see what happens. Thank you for sharing your past life stories as well. I guess time will tell...or has told already. :)