Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 17-04-2024, 06:10 PM
Master

q far away from my own path. More interested about other's experiences of choices

Hello,

I understand that people can understand life at times as just changes and gambling... Like its all potential.

If you were given a choice, would you know the right outcome?

What have been your recent experience of decision making or in that middle of a two-way in a sense? Have you stepped on the right train?

If anything, how has this impacted your path?

To me it is different.. I often feel there is one right choice. I tried lately seeing there can be more than one, but I have difficulty fully realizing this.

Kind regards,

CW
Old 18-04-2024, 02:03 AM
Master

it is called 'being attached to outcomes'.

If you think there is a preferred way things should turn out, you will of course think there is a right way to get to that outcome. and try to avoid all the ways that won't work to get there. As if you actually have enough knowledge to make the distinction accurately.

Which is a big problem because we ALL want what we want. All want OUR OWN outcome to turn up heads. That means we all think there are specific things we HAVE TO DO at all costs and other things WE CANT DO at any cost.
Otherwise, we think, out aspirations are out of reach.

As a people, if we were able to come to agreement about any (otherwise arbitrary) outcome we would just end up spiritually dead because there would be nothing left but to make it happen. To always do the correct things and never do anything that was even remotely incorrect. Ad infinitum. And then what could come next? If your only concern is to always be correct where is the freedom to ever make a change? Won't you always only be studying how to be correct with the intent of becoming perfectly correct?

Fortunately, god had the sense to put us at odds with one another, we can't agree to outcomes in any big way at least not for long periods, thus we can't agree to the methods to get there thus we are constantly in a tug of war and there is some semblance of continuation as we each try for the upper hand in the name of our own one true way... and if we gain it one day we are guaranteed we will again lose it the next. And on and on and on.

but god seems to like it for now as it means we can't kill ourselves on the sword of correctness.... no matter how correct we decide to get this week something will baffle our considerations and force us to let go. Even though we very much won't want to.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So we hate our lives but we won't do the one thing that we have to do to end this: quit being selfish and following our own desires, and listen to what god is actually saying. Not what we want him to be saying because of the way our own interpretation of it makes us feel, but to what he is actually saying.

Much more fun though to keep being deluded with the idea we are actually getting somewhere than to look deeply at it and find out we simply aren't.

Well it feels good, what we are doing, and how could that be a bad thing?
Old 18-04-2024, 02:09 AM
Master

to answer the question from a personal standpoint, I'm getting very tired of goals that are endlessly out of reach and it is seeming not so desirable to care what happens next. At least if i embrace the journey over the end i have *something*. Which means I don't care so much about making right choices as i once did... as it turns out that is kinda freeing. It is a real tyranny, having to devote one's life energy to having to try to get the 'right' results all the time...
Old 18-04-2024, 06:11 AM
Master

Hey FallingLeaves,

I did not expect such a deep and meaningful response. I did write this knowing very well it might be for someone, and I am grateful someone found it the right place to talk about something. Today, I take a few steps in building my understanding of what you said. It might very well be meaningful to me, possible to others as well..

Thank you for your openess..

I will try to, when I have more understsnding of what you said tomorrow or this weekend, to respond from a place of understanding instead of assuming I know.. Because I know thinking can be flawed.

I am curious about this, as it may make a part of my idea of the world crumble apart.. And Id be grateful if I can at times be proven wrong from a pure place.

Kind regards,

CW
Old 18-04-2024, 06:55 AM
Master
Choice relates to free will of the earth entity(us) so appearing to be choosing. Furthermore, choice implies articulated thought. Thought itself originates in the heart, if we ponder about the source in staid silence. The heart in turn, what drives it?

Ultimately, it compels us to ask Ramana’s question, ‘who am I?’

Leaving aside for the moment, truth stated in scriptures and as realised by many, that all that is, is God or Self alone, on a practical note, such lofty non-dual statements make no sense for the entity (us) who engages in life with differentiated perception, in a subject-object relationship. So what are we to do?

Reflecting on our life gone by, we may clearly cognise that we are not in control. Moreover, our thought and sensory apparatus operates in a limited bandwidth. We are contained in a decaying form and are hemmed in by space and toyed by time. Yet spiritual insights have revealed that we are something more than body-mind. What is it? Only when we know, can we truly begin.

Desires, fears, attachments, to whom do they come? Witnessing all comings and goings, we then see it as but the ebb and flow of the ocean. The seeker (ego) that seeks does not in truth exist, it just falls off in silence, in stillness. But since we mistakenly think we are only this body, we cling. We are afraid to let go. This is the dilemma.
Old 18-04-2024, 11:15 AM
Hi, Well, for me, it really doesn't matter ''what train I step on', lol...
I trust God and I'm in His Hands...if I made some sort of so-called mistake...Oh well...
I will be led back!!! Jesus and others have said, ''Do not worry''.
Paul said, Be anxious for nothing...Then: Cast your cares - Trust your Father...Ask, believe and receive, and so on.

So that's the simple, simple advice I stick to, personally.
And so far so good!
I have eternity, after all, to float around learning the things I need to, as I see it - there's never a need to be too concerned.
And what freedom that is!!
Follow what feels good and right, I say. If you fall down and get yourself into a pickle...well,
Ask God to get you out of it!

Merrily, merrily, floating down the stream! :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-04-2024, 03:15 PM
Master

@falling leaves,

I can see myself better understanding what you said tomorrow. But I wanted to give a small response at least. I have really comtemplated it and during my day there were times where I picked up things about this matter.

As for the other responses I am grateful. I enjoyed reading them and I have stored them inside my mind. Or at least the whole of it as an insight.

Kind regards,

CW
Old Yesterday, 10:45 AM
Master

Okay, so...

What I understand is that at times people have needs and desires that they follow. The goal they set out is at times within a short range available in strong contrast to what our monkey mind tells us. We get distracted by the many things in life failing to see clearly.

At times we are confronted with opposition. Because we are individual souls that seek growth, we can mee oppurtunities to step out of our own way. When someone gets in the way, we can with the right techniques let it pass by.. this is challenging at times, as we have a lot of feelings.

This what I made of it.

Then also, I feel that there is more to life than we sometimes see. This is why sometimes we need to step out of our own way.

Kind regards,

CW