Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 22-05-2011, 03:06 AM
Master
Fish Forgiveness

"Forgive them God, they know not what they do." Famous words by Jesus on the Cross. Easy to say, hard to do, isn't it?

Do you have a victory story about forgiveness, where you were able to forgive and forget no matter how deeply someone hurt you or how often they keep repeating the hurt? Jesus said to forgive 70 x 7, meaning "without end".

What's the secret of forgiveness? Is it even achieveable? I would appreciate any sharings on the subject.
Old 22-05-2011, 03:41 AM
Master
I see the Christ in everyone now, I realize that we are all One in Christ, I have seen the Christ in the ones that have hurt me from the past, the one who shot me, the one who raped me, the ones who nearly murdered me, I have forgiven them because they are me as I am them and we are all one in Christ. Jesus also saw the Christ in the ones who nailed him on the cross, he wasn't the only Christ, he became the Christ and he wants all of us to see the Christ in our own Being, then and only then can we really and truly forgive another.
Old 22-05-2011, 03:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I see the Christ in everyone now, I realize that we are all One in Christ, I have seen the Christ in the ones that have hurt me from the past, the one who shot me, the one who raped me, the ones who nearly murdered me, I have forgiven them because they are me as I am them and we are all one in Christ. Jesus also saw the Christ in the ones who nailed him on the cross, he wasn't the only Christ, he became the Christ and he wants all of us to see the Christ in our own Being, then and only then can we really and truly forgive another.

OMG you've been through a lot! Would you share how you came to see the Christ in everyone?
Old 22-05-2011, 03:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
OMG you've been through a lot! Would you share how you came to see the Christ in everyone?
Well i use to believe that Christ was a man who lived over 2000 years ago, I could see everyone clinging to this man from the past, wanting him to do everything for them, I began to see that this is not right, this is begging. The whole story of Christ is really a metaphor, its like our true SELF the Christ telling the story of its SELF, but too many have believed that this story was about a man that is separate from ourselves. I had a powerful realization that I and everyone else is the very Christ that we have been clinging to, in this Realization I felt that I was all that there was, I then felt as if I was born again, or should I say, I felt like I was never born and that I will never die, of course not this body that i call Robert, yes it will one day die and will be no more, but I the Christ will always be, this is the true heaven that is realized within and with this realization I now see heaven all about me. The body is born and the body dies but the Christ that we are will always be, see the Christ in all and you will never be the same again.
Old 22-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Master
Amazing Psychoslice, I wish we could all experience such a depth of self knowing. I would say this is an ideal state of consciousness to strive for, easier said than done (at least for me). I've responded by PM to keep this thread open to other sharings focused on personal experiences of forgiveness. Thanks so much for your profound share.
Old 22-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Bluegreen

In my view, not to forgive is to create energy blocks, literally. Ultimately, we get ill. Not to forgive creates festering wounds in one's psyche. It prevents us from enjoying life. We get stuck.

I totally agree with psychoslice. I am not sure I say this right: All in One and One in All. Jesus said "Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.” God knows when a leaf falls because He is that leaf.

So when you do not forgive, you do not forgive yourself, literally, because the person you do not forgive is part of the One and the One also is you.
Old 22-05-2011, 12:31 PM
jjj

I heard a quote on Opray that I liked: "Forgiveness is finally giving up the hope that the past can be changed."
Old 22-05-2011, 01:25 PM
Master
Thank you for this thread. I too have been through a lot in my life and have a very hard time forgiving... hmm, actually that is not the problem persay because if those that hurt me asked for forgiveness or even acknowledged their wrong doings, i would let it go and forgive instantly... but i have a hard time letting go of some things that have been said and done. I ask for spiritual help on this all the time as the will to let it go is there. The words given in this thread really struck a chord with me, thank you for them. I am working very hard on this as i want to heal.

"you know that you have found your passion when your love for it overrides any fear to attain it..."-Solace
Old 22-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace733
Thank you for this thread. I too have been through a lot in my life and have a very hard time forgiving... hmm, actually that is not the problem persay because if those that hurt me asked for forgiveness or even acknowledged their wrong doings, i would let it go and forgive instantly... but i have a hard time letting go of some things that have been said and done. I ask for spiritual help on this all the time as the will to let it go is there. The words given in this thread really struck a chord with me, thank you for them. I am working very hard on this as i want to heal.

Thank you Solace733. You bring up an important point re. being unconditional in forgiving, meaning no expectations from the other person. This would certainly be Christ-like, something to aspire to. Think of all the revenge acts, wars, that could be avoided if governments practiced unconditional forgiveness. You're certainly not the only one who feels like that or struggles with it. I believe in karma and I know that if I can forgive, I create good karma, while the other person who is not asking to be forgiven, is creating their own bad karma. That, at least, helps me feel some compassion for them. Knowing that justice will be served helps.
Old 22-05-2011, 06:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Thank you Solace733. You bring up an important point re. being unconditional in forgiving, meaning no expectations from the other person. This would certainly be Christ-like, something to aspire to. Think of all the revenge acts, wars, that could be avoided if governments practiced unconditional forgiveness. You're certainly not the only one who feels like that or struggles with it. I believe in karma and I know that if I can forgive, I create good karma, while the other person who is not asking to be forgiven, is creating their own bad karma. That, at least, helps me feel some compassion for them. Knowing that justice will be served helps.

Very true, and very good point

"you know that you have found your passion when your love for it overrides any fear to attain it..."-Solace