Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 20-09-2006, 08:01 AM
Master
Respect For Nature

I'm no expert on Native American Spirituality but one thing I am aware of is that they truly respected Nature. Their Gods/Goddesses were spirits of the natural world. This alone makes me look upon the American Indians with great admiration. I believe they lived natural and spiritual lives as many 'undeveloped' people do. But 'undeveloped' is not a fair description; they were developed but not in the sense of the Europeans understanding who eventually destroyed them.
I still feel a great love of Nature myself and hence a kinship with the American Indians. May their Spirit find eternal peace!

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 20-09-2006, 09:57 PM
BLAIR2BE

from what i know on the subject (very limited) respect for nature was so much a way of life (ex. no waste of what "mother nature" gave).
it seems they had a deep understanding of the connection between the physical and spiritual realms. youre right honza, there developement was on an entirely differnt level from that of the european colonists. if they had been given a chance to incorparate some of the modern advancements, such as medicine, yet allowed to live there own lifestyle, some would say there developement would have been perfect...
Old 20-09-2006, 10:38 PM
biyu_wolf_77

what i know of them justy proives unlike todays known world not long ago there were those that really did respect nature and i do love findin more info on them just part of the soup ythat makes up my life (as i also have done minor re-search on buddism few pegan religions christain religions so yea fun stuff)
Old 21-09-2006, 03:17 AM
mikron

Greetings Honza! You are making a great statement and indeed there is Respect and Honor for Indians and Mother Nature ! Certain Light workers carve a spiritual path though mother nature and thus are always aware of Earth Matters !

Namaste mikron
Old 28-10-2006, 02:47 PM
Disa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I'm no expert on Native American Spirituality but one thing I am aware of is that they truly respected Nature. Their Gods/Goddesses were spirits of the natural world. This alone makes me look upon the American Indians with great admiration. I believe they lived natural and spiritual lives as many 'undeveloped' people do. But 'undeveloped' is not a fair description; they were developed but not in the sense of the Europeans understanding who eventually destroyed them.
I still feel a great love of Nature myself and hence a kinship with the American Indians. May their Spirit find eternal peace!

Your sentiments speak volumes, however, they are not all destroyed. The Native American Nations are still alive and they are well on their way to being heard across the nation. Have faith, have hope, learn what you can about the Natives of today and do what you must to help further their cause.

Love and Light,

Disa
Old 31-10-2006, 04:05 PM
Suspended

honza
they were not originaly called indians or native americans , but the children of turtle isleand . they were also what we now call vegans , although it was a way of life for them .
they were so intune with nature that they could tell exactly when a fruit was ripe .if you try to pull an apple etc from the branch and it doesnt want leave that means its still alive , but if you touch it and it drops off that means it is about to "die " that was when they ate .
what you see in films with hunting animals came thousands of years later after they were corrupted by outsiders .
they were supposed to teach us they true ways to live upon the earth mother , but when they started to eat the brothers and sisters around them thats , when they started to loose the "old ways" that was the begining of the end for the people of turtle island .
Old 31-10-2006, 09:14 PM
iLLER T

I just had a well thought out post about a book that I just recently read, I accidently clicked a link, came back, and IT WAS GONE. Grrs.

Anyhoo, so in short (because I'm annoyed that I lost it all)... Carlos Castaneda, The Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge. Written in 1968, Carlos was taken on as Don Juan's apprentice. Throughout a chunk of years, Don Juan passed all of his knowledge onto Carlos, just as his teacher had done to him. None of the actual "knowledge" was taught with words- all through ritualistic preparations, hands on (minds on) learning, and hallucinogens. Mescalito, peyote, and this smoking mixture with mushrooms. This is just a super short descriptions, there is sooo much more to this book. I had it handed over to me on a saturday and had it read by that monday.

Has anyone read it? Or did I just make anyone want to read it? Hehe.
Old 31-10-2006, 10:31 PM
BLAIR2BE

yes, i read this book years ago. a very good read indeed!! there has been some contraversy over whether casteneda really experienced these things...
oh well; "$@#& the ney-sayers cause they dont mean a thing, this is what style we bring"!!
Closed Thread