Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 17-11-2011, 08:32 PM
Master
Prayer is actually (among other things) a kind of spiritual tool for opening the heart chakra. Your heart is full of emotions you haven't expressed and when you pray you release whatever's pent up in there and let it out. Without release pent up feelings can turn into back problems and in the worst cases heart attacks or breast cancer. The good news is eventually you release and process and keep on praying and you'll start to feel good feelings. I'm assuming the tears are tears of sadness - sometimes they can be tears of joy or simply tears of relief.

People may experience this kind of heart-opening energy-release with any activity that opens the heart chakra: chanting, singing, hugging, reiki (receiving or giving), getting a thank you or a smile from someone.....etc....lots of ways.
Old 18-11-2011, 03:33 PM
slave of Allaah

I don't know if you are used to this kind of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWmw07zGnQc
Old 18-11-2011, 03:35 PM
slave of Allaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Yes.
Thank you brother
Old 18-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Master
Hello, Peaceful...

Anything that touches my heart makes me cry and that includes praying... I think tears and the feelings that evoke them when it comes to something like prayer, are manifestations (or affirmation?) of the connection that is taking place.

For me, it is not at all an unusual thing (so what if it was tho', I say!).. Have done this my whole life.

Great thread!

Cam/EM
Old 18-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbk89
Better yet. How many help themselves instead of prayer?

Great question, mb!

In my case, I do everything I possibly can to help myself and when there is nothing left for me to do and I am still feeling I need help...Whether that is help to deal with my feelings, help with a solution to a problem, more money etc..

I pray that my awareness would expand that I might see all ways in which I may help myself.... I pray to have faith in the perfectness of the Universe so that I may know that inspite of what I feel is still needed, all my needs will in fact be met. I pray to be able to focus on all the good in my 'now' and to not freak out about any future moment(s).

I cannot speak for others but I would guess most of us pray to ask for help when we have done all we are aware of at that moment and are still struggling with our feelings or circumstances inspite of all we've done.
Old 19-11-2011, 04:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A peaceful mind.
How many cry when they pray and why do you think you cry.

When I connect to the universe and pray for other I usually start crying. I sometimes feel I get a connection to those I pray for and sometimes I let go of with energy and send it towards those in need.

Well I would love to hear if others have experiences like that

Yours

A Peaceful Mind

when I pray, I cry. But it is blissful not painful. I heard somewhere, if you are crying when you are doing prayer, God is toughing you. There are two ways of liberation by mind and by heart. Devotee live in heart so they cry. But why? This question is unanswerable or I don’t want to give it
Old 19-11-2011, 05:03 AM
Master
Yes i once did cry when begging whatever was there to take me home from this world, at this time I also had an Awakening where all was revealed to me, when I realized that I was all that there IS, that I was not separate from anything or anyone. After this Realization, I realized that I need not pray ever again, I simply trust what IS, for that is who I AM.
Old 19-11-2011, 06:28 AM
3dnow

I talk to my inner God I cry very frequently.

It is not praying.. surrendering to my true nature (unconditional love)

Last edited by 3dnow : 19-11-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 19-11-2011, 09:39 AM
Master
I do, I also do when I read about ArchAngel Michael, I do when I witness Christ, and other Divine events.....sometimes it totally overwhelms me......
Old 20-11-2011, 09:59 AM
thunderseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbk89
Better yet. How many help themselves instead of prayer?

In my view, connection to my higher power and all of oneness includes humility... humbleness so vast that it leads me to comprehend the sacred truth of "i do not have to do it by myself, the helping hands are with me" they guide me, i am not alone, helping hands of humanity, my spirit guides and angels, all my relations, the creator, i know the truth in helping oneself, but there is also truth in accepting help outside of myself.
Most times when i have it set in my mind to help myself, that is out of ego will, and my version of helping myself is not in tune with how the creator would want me to help myself, LoL. But that is just me.

And I too cry when i pray, as a release of all different types of things.