Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 22-05-2019, 02:24 AM
Newbie ;)

Unhappy In need of guidance on Twin Flames from someone more experienced.

Ok so I've been experiencing what could be called a spiritual awakening recently. I've started meditating twice a day, given my life back over to a higher power, returned to regular exercise, broken free from my addictions for the time being and taken steps to be less of a burden on others. I have been seeing positive results spiritually and emotionally, with a noted reduction in my levels of anger and egoism, which have historically been issues for me. It's difficult to say what spurred this on. I know I was sick of the way things were. Anyway in the midst of all this a certain person from my past has come to dominate my thoughts and reappear in my dreams. That's not to say that I ever stopped thinking about her completely, but that I was preoccupied with other things and other relationships. But now I can't seem to get her out of my mind. These thoughts are accompanied by a persistent pain in the area of the heart chakra that I can't seem to soothe. It's like it's an open wound just constantly bleeding. Even when I am feeling happy or tranquil, there is this underlying emotional pain like I'm feeling two things at once. I've even burst into tears a few times this week, which surprised me because I hadn't cried in years. Any advice on this?

I've only recently become acquainted with the concept of Twin Flames, but I thought some of what I had been experiencing sounded like it. When I first met her we became close almost instantly. I had never felt so comfortable with another person in my life. Having been a shy and anxious kid up to that point, she put me at ease like no one else could. I fell madly in love with her. Taking her to the Valentine's Day dance and slow dancing with her is still one of my favorite memories, but our short lived teenage romance had to end because I was forced to move. I was only going to her school on a temporary basis anyway. Before I left she gave me her phone number (She lived close by and we went to school together so we never really called each other) and told me to keep in touch with her. Unfortunately before I ever got a chance to call her I lost the phone number she had given me like a complete idiot. It broke my heart to have to separate from her and I couldn't even contact her so I got extremely depressed. Honestly I've never been the same since having met her and lost her. For four years I wondered about her, wished I was still there with her, and worried that she hated me for not calling. Then I finally got access to the internet, joined Facebook and found her. She seemed happy to hear from me and it seemed like the connection might still be there. We caught up for awhile and it was good but it was bad timing as we were both in relationships and I was then living in another state. As it stands now we haven't spoken in ten years.

But I've always felt like there was still something unresolved there. I can't shake the feeling that she was "the one." Like she is the one I was meant to be with. I have this strange certainty that we will see each other again, coupled with a strong pull to contact her and give things another try. Should I do it? It's been so long that I really don't know how things would go over. I also have no way of knowing if she still feels the same way or if this is just a one sided obsession. I do know that the pain I feel when I remember her is very real and the thought of never seeing her again in this lifetime is impossible to stomach. I need opinions from people with more knowledge and experience with these things on whether or not she is a potential Twin Flame or something else (I know I was probably a little vague on details about she and I). Also is 10 years too long for Twin Flames not to have contact?
Old 22-05-2019, 05:08 AM
Master
I think we need to rename this twin flame business as soul connection. Have a look at the member Bartholomew's thread on it.

Feeling our feelings is a blessing not to be taken for granted. So cry away. Get it all out.

Yes, 100% try and get back in touch with her. It's only your pride stopping you. Good luck and best wishes.
Old 22-05-2019, 01:57 PM
Master
Wow - thanks for sharing.
Now firstly 10 years is nothing. I was seperated from my twin for nearly 22 years, on and off I guess.

Oddly what you are citing here is close to my story. I was not as broken up as you seem to feel, however around the time that we re-united. I had very lucid dreams with regard to the two of us.

We also re-connected on facebook. Although being traditional I also went over to see him in the end. I sent him a card, yep I used snail mail. It seemed more personal and there was such a great pull that I thought why not.

The truth is if you have a deep connection and there is something that you have agreed to learn from one another, you will come back together at some point.

I remember in the card saying 'are we ever going to speak again' ... My tf said that when he received that card he felt elation. When we last saw each other we parted on bad terms.

I also recognise that chest feeling, I had it too...

If you are being drawn to make contact. Make contact without any expectation. I did, I just wanted to see how he was and be honest with him. Seven years later we are still muddling through.

No one can really tell us who we are meant to be with, or what a relationship means. Maybe a psychic if they so feel inclinded, but no one else really. Just trust in yourself and go with how you feel. Respect whatever comes out of it as whatever you need to learn regardless of what side of the coin it falls on.

I was glad that I was brave, it's worth a shot.
All the luck
Old 22-05-2019, 08:02 PM
Deactivated Account

[quote=JosephineBloggs]I think we need to rename this twin flame business as soul connection.

I totally agree!
Old 31-05-2019, 12:22 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostorpheus
Ok so I've been experiencing what could be called a spiritual awakening recently. I've started meditating twice a day, given my life back over to a higher power, returned to regular exercise, broken free from my addictions for the time being and taken steps to be less of a burden on others. I have been seeing positive results spiritually and emotionally, with a noted reduction in my levels of anger and egoism, which have historically been issues for me. It's difficult to say what spurred this on. I know I was sick of the way things were. Anyway in the midst of all this a certain person from my past has come to dominate my thoughts and reappear in my dreams. That's not to say that I ever stopped thinking about her completely, but that I was preoccupied with other things and other relationships. But now I can't seem to get her out of my mind. These thoughts are accompanied by a persistent pain in the area of the heart chakra that I can't seem to soothe. It's like it's an open wound just constantly bleeding. Even when I am feeling happy or tranquil, there is this underlying emotional pain like I'm feeling two things at once. I've even burst into tears a few times this week, which surprised me because I hadn't cried in years. Any advice on this?

I've only recently become acquainted with the concept of Twin Flames, but I thought some of what I had been experiencing sounded like it. When I first met her we became close almost instantly. I had never felt so comfortable with another person in my life. Having been a shy and anxious kid up to that point, she put me at ease like no one else could. I fell madly in love with her. Taking her to the Valentine's Day dance and slow dancing with her is still one of my favorite memories, but our short lived teenage romance had to end because I was forced to move. I was only going to her school on a temporary basis anyway. Before I left she gave me her phone number (She lived close by and we went to school together so we never really called each other) and told me to keep in touch with her. Unfortunately before I ever got a chance to call her I lost the phone number she had given me like a complete idiot. It broke my heart to have to separate from her and I couldn't even contact her so I got extremely depressed. Honestly I've never been the same since having met her and lost her. For four years I wondered about her, wished I was still there with her, and worried that she hated me for not calling. Then I finally got access to the internet, joined Facebook and found her. She seemed happy to hear from me and it seemed like the connection might still be there. We caught up for awhile and it was good but it was bad timing as we were both in relationships and I was then living in another state. As it stands now we haven't spoken in ten years.

But I've always felt like there was still something unresolved there. I can't shake the feeling that she was "the one." Like she is the one I was meant to be with. I have this strange certainty that we will see each other again, coupled with a strong pull to contact her and give things another try. Should I do it? It's been so long that I really don't know how things would go over. I also have no way of knowing if she still feels the same way or if this is just a one sided obsession. I do know that the pain I feel when I remember her is very real and the thought of never seeing her again in this lifetime is impossible to stomach. I need opinions from people with more knowledge and experience with these things on whether or not she is a potential Twin Flame or something else (I know I was probably a little vague on details about she and I). Also is 10 years too long for Twin Flames not to have contact?

No 10 years is not too long to not have contact. I went 20+ years with no contact then in 2016 we reunited via Facebook. He's been back in my life now for 3 years and all those feelings come rushing back.

Unfortunately my twin was in a relationship when we reunited and he remains in that. We are close friends and text daily and see each other when we can. It's still complicated after all this time. Go into it with no expectations, just getting back in contact. Things will work out as they are meant to.

If you have a way to get in touch - go for it! I'm glad I did even though we aren't together as a couple I have my best friend back and have also reconnected with many other mutual friends I never thought I see again.

Good luck!